Halliday & Fyvie

rfc1990

Only if Hibs don't accept it I assume? There would be no point in Hibs accepting it then having a hearing that already has an known outcome.

The OP reads like an indictment.

there is a separate hearing for Halliday. It looks like the Fyvie situation is sorted with them being given the 2 game ban and accepting it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading Fyvies as an indictment with an outcome of a 2 match ban if Hibs accept it immediately.

I guess we will find out in the evening news exactly what is going on here.

I do agree that Halliday should be available this weekend though with the hearing being on the 7th.

I thought they spent quite a bit of money on a committee to be set up immediately to stop clubs using this to have a player available for the next match a few years ago?

All a bit confusing for me mate, but this is why I think Fyvie has accepted. No doubt it will become clearer later. (tu)

Fixed suspension offered: Yes – two matches

Outcome: Two-match suspension accepted (applied immediately)

Looks more like the compliance officer has penned these in his diary for hearing rather than an outcome to me.

On a slightly different topic, but relevant, is this the same guy who would be taking reports of chanting?

The Match Delegate reports on the chanting etc...... Not the compliance officer.

there is a separate hearing for Halliday. It looks like the Fyvie situation is sorted with them being given the 2 game ban and accepting it.

That was the way I read it originally, then when I read it again it looked more like an offer that has been put to Hibs with him getting a 2 game ban if they accept it immediately and a hearing with an uncertain (even though it is 99.9% certain) outcome.

Guess we will find out when someone who reads these regular tells us what the score is.

Can't see anything other than a retrospective ban for Fyvie, but with Halliday having the outcome of his dependant on whether the kick is included in the refs match report. If it isn't, then that could be a potential ban for Halliday for an act of violent conduct that was missed by the officials.

Yip 2 match accepted.

Brilliant. Cheers mate (tu)

Just a pity that the ref didn't get it right first time around.

I guess that means Hallidays hearing is for the kick, seeing as the red card should automatically be rescinded if someone has decided that the "headbutt" wasn't a headbutt?

The Match Delegate reports on the chanting etc...... Not the compliance officer.

Right, so the delegate deals with stuff in and around the stadium (like making sure the music stops before kick off etc) and the officer deals with the actual football?

I was reading it as the delegate puts a report together for the officer to pour over once the game is finished.

All making sense now.

Looks more like the compliance officer has penned these in his diary for hearing rather than an outcome to me.

On a slightly different topic, but relevant, is this the same guy who would be taking reports of chanting?

im not too sure but I think the report needs to come out within 4 days

Who else would they blame. It was Fyvie's actions that caused it

Bobby Madden hardly covered himself in glory the entire match. His performance was being commented on well before the red card decision. Now they have an easy out to protect Madden but I'm sure you already knew where I was coming from.

Hibernian midfielder Fraser Fyvie has been handed a two-match ban for feigning injury during Monday's Championship showdown with Rangers at Ibrox.

Fyvie accepted the punishment from the Scottish Football Association after holding his face when Rangers midfielder Andy Halliday thrust his chest into Fyvie's own chest in the 70th minute of the game, which Rangers won 4-2.

The SFA confirmed it had received an appeal from Rangers for unfair dismissal, which will be heard on January 7, freeing Halliday to face Dumbarton on Saturday.

Misses the Raith league game and Raith cup game. Falkirk will still do them ;)

I don't think so mate. I think the ban would apply to SPFL competitions so he misses Raith and Falkirk. Since the other Raith game is in the Cup, which is run by the SFA I would think he is available to play in that. But not 100% sure.

Bobby Madden hardly covered himself in glory the entire match. His performance was being commented on well before the red card decision. Now they have an easy out to protect Madden but I'm sure you already knew where I was coming from.

No he didn't but this is about the Fyvie decision

Hibernian midfielder Fraser Fyvie has been handed a two-match ban for feigning injury during Monday's Championship showdown with Rangers at Ibrox.

Fyvie accepted the punishment from the Scottish Football Association after holding his face when Rangers midfielder Andy Halliday thrust his chest into Fyvie's own chest in the 70th minute of the game, which Rangers won 4-2.

The SFA confirmed it had received an appeal from Rangers for unfair dismissal, which will be heard on January 7, freeing Halliday to face Dumbarton on Saturday.

Wish they would get there facts correct, it was a shoulder to shoulder. Not chest to chest.

A pathetic ban for a pathetic act. No wonder Hibs are not complaining, they have got off lightly. I note Stubbs is now criticising his player, yet his behaviour pre and immediately post match was hardly a positive example of how a professional should behave.

Stubbs is an idiot who thinks he's clever - quite a dangerous combo if you're in charge of something.

Stubbs wil now have the excuse for his team collapsing for the rest of the season now.

Trouble is, the dim wit doesn't sem to realise that it's his own player that he'll be blaming for his teams 'traditional' collapse.

I really hope they don't go up this year at all and would think Killie, or whoever, can beat them.

In fact, after what they did against us with tickets in last season's play offs, it would be better if they don't get into the play off positions at all.