Law And Clark To Leave ?

cumnockbear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How reliable is that site?

Hey, slow down guys, kris 1984 on the ball here I think. That report looks to me like they have just been lifting rumours from Rangers forums.

We all know Clark has tried hard and hasn't cut it and would be sold for a decent bid.

As for Law,I would be surprised. (I know I'm biased on this one, but have always rated him, was great when he came here, was just about our only decent player beginning of last season, lost confidence and interest under the later stages of Ally, and has now come good again)

I think the decisive factor in Law going is the wages he's on

This is a good point. Let's also not forget that some were given 4 year deals (Temps and Shiels) on wages that increased significantly each year. A list of highest earners would look very different to a list of who our best players currently are and needs sorted.

I think with Law it'll be a financial thing.

His performances have improved this season but he's nearly 28 now and he'll be making the best money he ever will.

I imagine Warburton looks at what he's on and thinks he can get a player or two up from England who are younger and have more potential.

If there are no replacements brought in as cover, for these two players, then we can NOT let them leave just now. The same guys that are wanting them out the door, will be the same guys moaning about having no cover, if we get injuries, and suspensions to first choice players.

We don't have any decent cover for Waghorn. Clarke has never been given a decent run in the team of say, about ten games to see how he contributes. Clarke could've been used last season instead of Boyd, or Miller, as both did fuck all more than him.

Law seems to like playing the type of game we're playing just now, it suits him.

Let's not cut our nose off, to spite our face, just because both weren't good last season,

we need cover...

You watched us much this season? To say Law has contributed nothing is nonsense. We look a much better team when he is playing. It's not a coincidence our rough patch occurred at the same time as his injury. In fact we have won every single game he has started this year

I've been at every game home and away. Hence why I said hes had a good 180 minutes.

Unfortunately Law like Shiels and Clark are pretty average players hence the reason they are not first team starters in the case of Law and Shiels they are both being kept out the team by a guy we let go,a guy we paid 65k for and a 18 year old loanee.Hardly being kept out the team by Messi,Iniesta and Xavier.The fact that MW is in new contract discussions with Halliday,Holt and McKay should be telling them something that along with the recent signings he has made.They have done a job that they have been well enough paid for time for them to be moved on along with one or two others.

I think with Law it'll be a financial thing.

His performances have improved this season but he's nearly 28 now and he'll be making the best money he ever will.

I imagine Warburton looks at what he's on and thinks he can get a player or two up from England who are younger and have more potential.

This, Can see Warburton getting better value with his wage. Also just feel his performance have picked up because he is out of contract. Would worry that if he signs a new deal he would become invisible again. Would be happy to keep him till end of season if performing but that would be it. Must be on a good wage also.

I like Law too, but if and when other players come in, the midfield will be crowded. Law is out of contract in the summer and that bit older, so why not try to get some money for him. The one anxiety is if we don't get this Nicuaragua Kouranga geezer, whether we'll have enoiugh options. If he does come in this window then there is plenty of cover. Folk have said it'll free up Halliday to go further forward. If he does, who drops out?

i guess with Law he will be looking for a 2-3 year deal probably 3 at this stage of his career. I do not think we can justify that. I also expect him to be on a decent wage here so getting him off the books will be a good thing.

He was terrible last year but has played well so far this season. However as may say in here. We have to trust the manager.

Just read that Clark has scored 22 goals in 90 Rangers appearances. Shocking statistics playing for us in the lower leagues. Much rather Hardie is given his game time from now on in.

I'd wager that the majority of them would be substitute appearances. I think a better stat to look at would be goals per minute.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicky-clark/leistungsdaten/spieler/62163/plus/1?saison=2015

According to this website he's scored a league goal every 186 minutes he's played, basically a goal every two games which isn't bad, especially considering he's been playing on the wing quite a bit.