Signing Announced Tomorrow?

MisterC

I know Warburton has been keen to get new blood on board for the weekend and something tells me there will be some movement later today (Thursday). It's been a quiet couple of days on the transfer scene and makes me think that it's the quiet before the storm of a decent signing being made. Let us see what happens.

MysticC :pipe:

Warburton does seem reasonably confident about getting in names before Monday anyway.

Would obviously be exciting to get them in the door by then, but let us, as you said, see what happens!

Is the game on Monday? Thought was weekend. Oh well maybe I jumped the gun

It's like kids at christmas...

17th December: .'I want it now ma?'

The club should look to get the best deal with the players that they think will improve us.

This will probably mean as it often does that any signings will occur at the end of the window.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

It's like kids at christmas...

17th December: .'I want it now ma?'

The club should look to get the best deal with the players that they think will improve us.

This will probably mean as it often does that any signings will occur at the end of the window.

I feel that, if it drags on to the end of the window, either we will not get the player or we will have upped the offer; probably the former as I do not think Mr Warburton is one to be held to ransom. It all depends on how much he wants a player.

30 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I feel that, if it drags on to the end of the window, either we will not get the player or we will have upped the offer; probably the former as I do not think Mr Warburton is one to be held to ransom. It all depends on how much he wants a player.

Mibbes aw mibbes naw

Personaly, I'll just wait to the end of the window and then have a look at what has or hasn't happened.

So far we can say that:

- MW recruitment last summer has proved to be good and at reasonable prices.

- There haven't been as many injuries as usual (touch wood). It'd be interesting to know if this was in any way down to sports science/training methods etc.

In other words, I'll trust the management team and background staff to continue their good work.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

He has done so well that I feel we just wait and see. I must admit once you know that we are interested in a player then you just want it to be done. The main area of my concern is if Waghorn got injured I don't think we have anybody to replace him 

Yes when I thought he might of pulled his hamstring last game, there was a feeling of dread.

OK, there's Miller, Clark, Hardie even, but if it was a hamstring, anything long, he'd be such a loss compared to what we have.

Seems we are still chasing the French lad from Brentford.

Brentford and Glasgow Rangers have been in talks over Toumani Diagouraga moving to Ibrox but are nowhere near getting a deal done.

Smith added: "There's nothing new I can tell you about it. I'm not sure (what the finance situation is between the two clubs).

“That side of things, I don't have to handle. We've got two directors of football that handle that.

On his signing record so far, I can see no reason to doubt the manager or his judgement of a players value. Listening to him in interviews he certainly doesn't sound the type to pay over the odds or move far beyond his own opinion of a player. Provided the board don't get panicked into a move to appease a demanding support and leave it all to MW, I'll remain content to support him in his efforts .

14 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Seems we are still chasing the French lad from Brentford.

Brentford and Glasgow Rangers have been in talks over Toumani Diagouraga moving to Ibrox but are nowhere near getting a deal done.

Smith added: "There's nothing new I can tell you about it. I'm not sure (what the finance situation is between the two clubs).

“That side of things, I don't have to handle. We've got two directors of football that handle that.

Looks like he may be going to Leeds.

I'm all for not paying over the top but we are talking 500K here and we badly needed a defensive midfielder FFS