Union Bears Statement

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The Union Bears would like to express our deep concern at tine actions and behaviouitof Police Scotland during last snight's game at Cappielow. In light of recent events, it had been clear from the outset that the police came with the intention of targeting the Rangers support, and filming could be clearly seen from the main stand and opposing Cowshed. This was highlighted by the arrest of two Rangers fans who, despite no sectarian singing, were arrested and charged for allegedly joining in with 'stick your fucking camera up your arse' in protest against plans for facial recognition software.

Despite this being an obviously ludicrous and alarming charge, it is alleged that the two fans "swore in front of children during this song", and this is deemed offensive at a football match - despite no complaints being made by any children or any parents to the police. To add to this shambles, whilst processing two Rangers fans, the police officers were unaware of the name of the 'Offensive Behaviour at Football Act and Threatening Communications Act 2012' or the year it was introduced, and proceeded to ask the accused in question.

This charge is a particularly low point in Scottish Football and the actions of Police Scotland towards football fans. Further, this highlights the wider attack on the rights of football fans in Scotland and the danger posed by the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act and the plans for facial recognition software. It is no longer an argument over sectarianism; the attendance of football fans aiming to actively support their team has been deemed unacceptable. This is undeniable proof that police officers are being sent to football grounds across the country with the sole intention of making arrests on fans who dare to support their club.

The Union Bears would like to urge Rangers Football club and fellow Rangers fans for their backing over the clear escalation of this matter.8

More protestant paranoia.

I hope someone took names of lots of fans round about the two fans to put a còunter claim I8n tying up many policemen from all round the country Taking statements and making the PF office sit up.If IT goes to court and theres 50 witnesses all needing fares, dinner and wages claims they will soon drop any case as Its not IN the INterest of the courts to spend taxpayers money on a stupid case.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

This drastically needs to happen otherwise majority of punters will chuck it.

Will never happen. The bridge builders/custodians haven't had our back in decades and it won't change now. If anything they will no doubt ban the fans from Ibrox until they get proven not guilty in court.

Irony is they said 'what the fuck was that for' when Halliday got sent off.

Seriously it's a sad state of affairs, I suppose whether or not it gets laughed out of court will depend on the actual charges, I'm sure if all they did was swear then they'll be fine...let's face it the Police would never embellish the reasons for the arrest.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Irony is they said 'what the fuck was that for' when Halliday got sent off.

Seriously it's a sad state of affairs, I suppose whether or not it gets laughed out of court will depend on the actual charges, I'm sure if all they did was swear then they'll be fine...let's face it the Police would never embellish the reasons for the arrest.

It doesn't matter if they get a not guilty in the end. They've already spent a night in the cells, been embarrassed and missed a football match and quite possibly their work the next day too.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It doesn't matter if they get a not guilty in the end. They've already spent a night in the cells, been embarrassed and missed a football match and quite possibly their work the next day too.

The new forum layout seems to do a good job at disguising sarcasm.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No I was just making a general point.

Fair enough, and a decent point. As long as you didn't think I was being serious.

Unfortunately this has taken things to a new level, not only can you get a criminal record for moving your lips while all around you sing songs with bad words, you can arrested for swearing.

people also need to remember you can get your collar felt for the stuff posted online too. We live in a dangerous place

75% of the burglaries in our country remain unsolved yet we have the Scottish police wasting time and public money by sneakily filming football fans in the hope of achieving some sort of a trumped up arrest in an attempt to justify a draconian act of Parliament conceived by a tyrannical Scottish Natsi party. 
Surely it would be better if they utilised the limited resources that they have available by concentrating more on tracking down the real criminals instead of victimising over zealous fans at a football match.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Fair enough, and a decent point. As long as you didn't think I was being serious.

Unfortunately this has taken things to a new level, not only can you get a criminal record for moving your lips while all around you sing songs with bad words, you can arrested for swearing.

people also need to remember you can get your collar felt for the stuff posted online too. We live in a dangerous place

:lol:  love your reason for editing :D

3 hours ago, Cameltoe said:

Jail for singing ?

Don't know if anyone knows about this but our SNP goverment were debating today about whether or not to legalize incest. FUCKIN INCEST !! and they command the polis to arrest ye for a chant.

This is all got out of control. 

It doesn't bother me if they legalise it, as long as they don't make it compulsory...Anyway, it happens all the time in tarrier households (allegedly) :P

Posted 15 hours ago · Report post

23 hours ago, Willis said:

what did he do mate?

He has brought a bottle of wine in with him and was having a right go at them for stopping him, I reckon if he hadn't acted like he did they would of just flung him out.

Is this about the same two lads mentioned in a thread from yesterday that Willis and BEE were discussing in the above conversation?

35 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Posted 15 hours ago · Report post

23 hours ago, Willis said:

what did he do mate?

He has brought a bottle of wine in with him and was having a right go at them for stopping him, I reckon if he hadn't acted like he did they would of just flung him out.

Is this about the same two lads mentioned in a thread from yesterday that Willis and BEE were discussing in the above conversation?

It wasn't no. Heard about that guy as well though and that he just downed the bottle right infront of him.

12 minutes ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

It wasn't no. Heard about that guy as well though and that he just downed the bottle right infront of him.

As you do  :beer1:Scotland and the SNP have completely lost the fucking plot these days in regards to policing / behaviour at football matches.

If we, as Rangers fans, just go to the game, cheer on our team, sing songs that are not on the "Banned" list, don't antagonize the police/stewards, nobody will bother us, too much.

I hate it, as much as any Bear, that TBB anthem is deemed unacceptable in its current format, but we have to obey the law, whilst at the game, until the law is changed.

22 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

If we, as Rangers fans, just go to the game, cheer on our team, sing songs that are not on the "Banned" list, don't antagonize the police/stewards, nobody will bother us, too much.

I hate it, as much as any Bear, that TBB anthem is deemed unacceptable in its current format, but we have to obey the law, whilst at the game, until the law is changed.

It's not that simple. You would never think singing Supporting Your Team Is Not A Crime and Stick Your Camera Up Your Arse were banned/criminal songs - but it appears that they are.

10 hours ago, cushynumber said:

frankly that sounds as if, if it goes to court, the judge will laught it out the room. Swearing at a football match. Honestly, we would all be arrested. Maybe thats the plan.

Judge: What's on the agenda for today? 

Clerk: We have 2 domestic violence case's, a mugging, 1 x armed robbery, kerb crawling, 5 x conspiracy to fraud,1 x rape and two men swearing at a football match.Break for lunch..........

Judge: Get the swearing urchins in first, need to clean this country up!

Absolutely ridiculous, at the end of the day if someone is going to be offended by swearing at a game then change sports. If it was a problem for me re the wee one hearing it then he simply wouldn't go.

The police are following orders, who makes these up?!

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

If we, as Rangers fans, just go to the game completely sober, cheer on our team while cordially respecting others, sing songs that are not on the "Banned" list that doesn't exist, don't antagonize the police/stewards by doing exactly what we're told, nobody will bother us, too much, until they dream up some new reason to victimise us.

I hate it, as much as any Bear, that TBB anthem is deemed unacceptable in its current or any format, but we have to obey the law even if it's unjust, whilst at, before or after, the game or whilst wearing football colours, until the law is changed which is never likely to happen.

Thought I'd just qualify some of your comments.

5 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

What 'banned' songs were they arrested for?