Waghorn

Smile

I prefer him out on the right. With Miller playing hes going to be first choice in the centre. Interesting to see how the manager plays ohallaren, out wide or through the middle.

I think the big man could be doing with a rest for a week. His work rate is top drawer, but been off it for the past few games. 

I would definitely rest him for the next game, MOH is more than capable of coming on and doing the job. Waghorn and tav have been poor for the last few games now. Problem is we have options upfront but not in defence especially the fullback area. Think we definitely missed MOH and king today, imagine them coming on when killie start to tire, there will be no rest!

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Rubbish OP, for whatever reason his confidence has gone and only he can tell you why. 

When it comes back he will bang them in again and his first touch will be solid no matter what position he plays. 

It will probably take a goal to get him back to his best. Had he scored that chance at the end then it would have worked wonders for his confidence.

I really enjoy seeing waghorn out wide, he is a player who can take a man on or play a quick one-two and work in to the box from there. He is much more technically gifted than he is quick however I'd rather we had him through the middle until we found someone who can play through the middle that can finish and link up, I just don't think Miller or clark are up to that as much as Miller has been great in recent games.

43 minutes ago, AdamBell1 said:

I really enjoy seeing waghorn out wide, he is a player who can take a man on or play a quick one-two and work in to the box from there. He is much more technically gifted than he is quick however I'd rather we had him through the middle until we found someone who can play through the middle that can finish and link up, I just don't think Miller or clark are up to that as much as Miller has been great in recent games.

People change their minds every week I guess. Only as good as your last performance on here sometimes, such as when people were not happy with Law then suddenly he's integral to us, then he's not again etc, same with Waghorn on the wing and central.

Miller has been on form which maybe gave the manager a headache, as he's not really been in the first 11 all season, but he has been good for sure and has adapted well to the style of play that's been implemented. Clark is all effort but no substance really.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The front 3 were poor today.  Waggy especially. He actually deserves dropped, rested if that sounds better, but we've no one to replace him with.

Am actually starting to get frustrated by MW not giving Hardie game time when you see those in his position under performing.

I'd agree, he needs a break just to get himself sorted out in a way. He'll be getting himself into a tiz over not scoring the past few games and that'll be effecting his judgement. 

He still makes good shots don't get me wrong, but good shots don't get you games good goals do. 

7 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Looks in need of a wee rest. He'll be fine. Great to see Jason Holt back. If Waggy had scored we'd be raving on here about what we did to Killie second half. 

We already are doing that (minus waggy). The only thing missing from the game today was Waggy scoring 

What worries me is when he doesn't play, we don't play. Add the fact that Zelalem slows us down to walking pace and we're a wee bit vulnerable right now. Hopefully MOH will mix it up a bit.

It was very unlike Waghorn to let that roll under his foot, playing poorly or not his first touch is generally excellent.

On 7 February 2016 at 2:39 AM, ForeverAndEver said:

Hasn't played well since Holt got injured.

Neither have we really, unsurprisingly. He's the man that makes us tick and it showed on Saturday when he came on and we instantly moved up a gear and looked more threatening. 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Neither have we really, unsurprisingly. He's the man that makes us tick and it showed on Saturday when he came on and we instantly moved up a gear and looked more threatening. 

Seems to have be playing on fast forward compared to our other players looks fitter and a yard sharper.

42 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

What worries me is when he doesn't play, we don't play. Add the fact that Zelalem slows us down to walking pace and we're a wee bit vulnerable right now. Hopefully MOH will mix it up a bit.

It was very unlike Waghorn to let that roll under his foot, playing poorly or not his first touch is generally excellent.

This (tu)