Lee McCulloch Thanks...

Clemdog

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Exactly then?! :lol::lol:

Who the fuck is saying he's a hero? Please quote me saying that he's a hero. Or anyone in this thread. I bet you can't.

Never said anyone said he was. Just my opinion that he's not a hero in some ways it's been put across. Yeah he may have stayed for the cause which is basically because no one else wanted him on the wages he was on. And if you think he played well for us in the seasons we were down then you're deluded. Maybe not his fault he was turned into a centre half but that's the position he played for us in that time and he was woeful. Surely you can't disagree with that?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Never said anyone said he was. Just my opinion that he's not a hero in some ways it's been put across. Yeah he may have stayed for the cause which is basically because no one else wanted him on the wages he was on. And if you think he played well for us in the seasons we were down then you're deluded. Maybe not his fault he was turned into a centre half but that's the position he played for us in that time and he was woeful. Surely you can't disagree with that?

:lol::lol::lol:

Again just talking utter shite. So no one called him a hero like you keep peddling and, again, I never said 'he played well for us'. I simply acknowledged an ex player returning to the Club. Imagine a Rangers fan, 'thanking' a Rangers player for a goal against celtic.

Surely you can't disagree with that? 

As for your point regarding him as a centre half, no I don't think he was good. But he can't be blamed for that, that was down to the Manager.

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Again just talking utter shite. So no one called him a hero like you keep peddling and, again, I never said 'he played well for us'. I simply acknowledged an ex player returning to the Club. Imagine a Rangers fan, 'thanking' a Rangers player for a goal against celtic.

Surely you can't disagree with that? 

As for your point regarding him as a centre half, no I don't think he was good. But he can't be blamed for that, that was down to the Manager.

Fair enough. Was at the piggery when he scored that goal. Great moment silencing the tarriers 2 mins after they scored. 

Obv you didn't state in your thread that he was a great player or hero. Just think he'd misinterpreted as one because he stayed with us over that period of time. When in my opinion he only stayed cos was on fabulous wages and turned up to work at Auchenhowie everyday. You're not going to turn that down are you!

yeah won't criticise a player who wears his heart on his sleeve. Just think his time with us was exaggerated. Good guy average player ??

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Fair enough. Was at the piggery when he scored that goal. Great moment silencing the tarriers 2 mins after they scored. 

Obv you didn't state in your thread that he was a great player or hero. Just think he'd misinterpreted as one because he stayed with us over that period of time. When in my opinion he only stayed cos was on fabulous wages and turned up to work at Auchenhowie everyday. You're not going to turn that down are you!

yeah won't criticise a player who wears his heart on his sleeve. Just think his time with us was exaggerated. Good guy average player ??

I simply think he's an ex Rangers player who deserves plaudits. I don't rank him beside Laudrup, Gascoigne or Gough. But I appreciate him as former Ranger. Hence my post.

I'm sorry if you think I thought otherwise, despite not suggesting so. But in my opinion a former Rangers player doesn't need to be at a certain level to deserve praise after his career has finished. Especially considering he is a Rangers fan, and always will be.

I always remember one of his first matches for us, in a CL qualifier, and at times during that match he was out wide on the right; he played really well. He was some player at times, and he was very good that night. A versatile player who might have done very well in a Warburton front three in his prime. I wish him all the best; hope he does well as a manager.

2 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Embarrassing. Only stayed with us cos knew he'd never get same wages or training facilities as good as anything we were offering. Never a hero

He stayed because he was the club captain and we were in no position , financially , to get anyone else. Do you really believe these stories he was undropable or maybe , just maybe , the manager expected him to fulfill his responsibilities because there was no other realistic alternative .  After the game he was booed in , it would have been understandable if he'd asked to be dropped , he didn't , he manned up.

I wasnt Jig's biggest fan in his final season , but I'm certainly don't accept he stayed just for the money. 

A touch of class today from the Rangers support imo. 

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

He stayed because he was the club captain and we were in no position , financially , to get anyone else. Do you really believe these stories he was undropable or maybe , just maybe , the manager expected him to fulfill his responsibilities because there was no other realistic alternative .  After the game he was booed in , it would have been understandable if he'd asked to be dropped , he didn't , he manned up.

I wasnt Jig's biggest fan in his final season , but I'm certainly don't accept he stayed just for the money. 

A touch of class today from the Rangers support imo. 

No position financially. :lol:

2 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

What if, he stayed no matter what wage he was on? How do you exactly what his wage was? What if, he stayed because he wanted to help Rangers with him being a Rangers fan?

if Jig the fan had been sitting in the stand watching Jig the player for his last 2 seasons he would have been booing and hanging him out to dry. Did his best which is as much as we can ask, but even he must know he hung around far too long. The management team deserve criticism as well for playing him when he clearly contributed very little.

some people need to get a fucking grip of themselves. he played with us for 8 years and was our captain since 2012. over 200 appearances and 50 goals. when others left us in 2012 he stayed. 

while some may stay bitter you are always welcome at ibrox.

thanks lee.