Warburton addresses future of Rangers trio, with Ibrox contracts set to expire

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/02/2016 at 0:42 AM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Get rid of all three + Templeton.  That frees up about 40k/week that can be used to get someone in who can take us to the next level.

The four of them are not on 10k each.

5k a week is more realistic.

People listen to websites like this too much: http://tsmplay.com/football/rangers-players-salaries/ which if you believe, well...

29 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

The four of them are not on 10k each.

5k a week is more realistic.

People listen to websites like this too much: http://tsmplay.com/football/rangers-players-salaries/ which if you believe, well...

Clark might be on 5k/week but those other three are on a lot more.  I strongly believe Temps and Shiels are our highest earners.  Both came from the SPL with big reputations and signed 4 year deals that icreased year after year.

29 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Clark might be on 5k/week but those other three are on a lot more.  I strongly believe Temps and Shiels are our highest earners.  Both came from the SPL with big reputations and signed 4 year deals that icreased year after year.

There's a difference between having beliefs and knowing things mate

58 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Clark would be on what, £500 a week at QoS? There's no way he's went from that to £5,000 a week. I know I said £5k is more realistic, but I meant the max any of them would be on. Didn't write what I was thinking. I reckon £2,000 for Clark, £3,000 for Shiels, £3,000 maybe £4,000 for Law and and £5,000 for Templeton.

46 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Clark would be on what, £500 a week at QoS? There's no way he's went from that to £5,000 a week. I know I said £5k is more realistic, but I meant the max any of them would be on. Didn't write what I was thinking. I reckon £2,000 for Clark, £3,000 for Shiels, £3,000 maybe £4,000 for Law and and £5,000 for Templeton.

It's definetley more than that! £2k for Clark is probably accurate but Shiels, Law & Templeton are on between £6k and £9k a week it was widely reported what sort of contracts were being handed out when McCoist first started signing SPL players and as someone else said there wages were due to rise after each year of their contract.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30524862

So Kevin Kyle was on £2kpw + bonuses ffs and in the 3rd Division we had players on £8.5kpw and like he said their wages increase after each year.

we are talking about 3 players who will most probably be subs next season and for that reason I would get rid of law as I think shiels makes a difference coming off the bench where I don't think law has any impact. Nicky Clark is the 1 out of everyone that I wanted to be a star at ibrox but it's just not working for him so I would let him go, with a heavy heart I must add 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

First of I don't know the exact figures of the players, however I do think your figures are very low.

Our playing staff bill was around £7 million last season, so if we take your 'maximum' figure of £5000 per week for the 30 players we had that comes to £7.8 million. However in that squad of 30 there was Kelly, Robinson, Gasparotto, Aird, Crawford, MacLeod, Murdoch, Walsh, Gallagher and Hardie. Those nine will be nowhere near £5000 per week.  I would also be extremely surprised if Simonsen, Faure, Smith, Peralta, McGregor or Clark are on near that figure either. 

Your figures don't add up to our wage bill.

It could be a million different combinations of figures in the world to reach that sum 

There's no point trying to talk about our wage bill disparagingly, CFC's is higher and they have much more players who don't even get a game etc. - apparently according to Lawwell they depend on qualification for CL every 3/5 years to balance it....

I'm not a happy clapper mate, I just know that wage problems are a thing of the past for us now

I think Warburton Rates Law and Shiels as Laws been on in most of the bigger games and Shiels always does a decent enough job when called upon.

Have to say at the start of the season i wanted both away(flip flop) but some of their performances have been decent enough to Warrant them getting a contract. 

2 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

It could be a million different combinations of figures in the world to reach that sum 

There's no point trying to talk about our wage bill disparagingly, CFC's is higher and they have much more players who don't even get a game etc. 

I'm not a happy clapper mate, I just know that wage problems are a thing of the past for us now

Indeed. The fact that we've seen the significant reduction in losses under Warburton while the team is 10x better, is incredibly satisfying.

At least we know if any of these players do stay, they'll be on largely reduced wages if they're as ridiculous as some are speculating.

I'm just hopeful that the board and management team don't start giving out crazy contracts like the figures quoted In the previous posts until the players have earned it when we are in the top league. We should be using previous regimes as a warning to what can happen to players who are on more money than they will ever be worth to us. We have a chance to rid ourselves of all the shit we had and get value for money in and MW/DW are just the men to do it. Bell templeton law Clark have to go. 

2 minutes ago, Fabric said:

I'm just hopeful that the board and management team don't start giving out crazy contracts like the figures quoted In the previous posts until the players have earned it when we are in the top league. We should be using previous regimes as a warning to what can happen to players who are on more money than they will ever be worth to us. We have a chance to rid ourselves of all the shit we had and get value for money in and MW/DW are just the men to do it. Bell templeton law Clark have to go. 

Bells on a 4 year deal he will be going nowhere fast.

Bell can go any time he likes. Would be nowhere near us if it weren't for our lower division adventure and comes across as having a lacklustre attitude. Likewise Clarke. Law has played well when in the mood but is missing when things get industrial.

None give 100% - 100% of the time. They need to leave.  

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Bells on a 4 year deal he will be going nowhere fast.

I know this mate and proves my/everyone's point about crazy contracts and he alone serves as a warning. I don't want to pick on players but what he did at fir park in the playoffs is unforgivable imo. We are at the start of something special with MW and don't need hanger ons 

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hopefully that is the citse mate, we need to live within our means. 

When I posted more regularly on inre I was always saying we should be sensible in our wage structure. I got in to many debates as I said when we got put down to division 3 the signings being made were 100% wrong and we were going to waste millions that was not needed. Many of our fans were happy with us signing Black, Foster, Shiels, Templeton, Miller, Smith etc. I wasn't based on high wages and because I didn't rate them either. Unfortunately I was right, but hopefully going forward we do exactly as Mark always states as a clever businessman, that we go for value and only pay what we believe is acceptable and what we can.

Miller wasnt In the top 6 or 7 earners under McCoist so he more than paid his way and still must as MW has handed him a newc Contract. When we get INto the SFPL we will have to pay the going rate or above to get decent players to come to Scotland to ply their trade, you can be luck In the transfer market IN the basement sales but It very hard to continue to get class unless you pay for It.

1 hour ago, whitey126 said:

None of them have performed with any consistency or the required quality over the last 3/4 years to justify a new contract. And they will all be on decent money. No brainier to release them

We are not looking at 3/4 years. Mr Warburton said a clean sheet so only this year's performances count. That is why Miller already has a new contract and Shiels is in negotiations.

I've no doubt MW's and DW's first priority by a distance beyond measure will be to put Rangers' interests first.     Hopefully we win promotion this season.   If so I can't readily see any of them getting regular starts.  If they can't warrant regular starts in a league where hunger, determination and sheer desire to win are pre-requisites and where experience (which they have) would be the added value for winning promotion then why would they get regular starts next season?

It would maybe help their case if they consistently made game-winning differences when they came on ie goals and assists.    But are they really doing enough of that to warrant being kept on?

The other thing is they will want to play football and MW will want them to play football.   Its just that they may not be doing enough right now to be playing football for Rangers next season.  Game winning goals and assists may make a difference to their case though.   

As for Bell, regret to say if he came on in a game or started a game can you just imagine the reaction of a lot of the Support to this?   A re-run of the nervy games in the last few seasons when any sort of high ball into the box looked like costing us a goal.  I don't even get why he is on the bench in games having signed the Polish goalkeeper.    I know that view is far from generous but the prospect of Bell in goal for any part of any game in remainder of this season would not (imo) be an inspiring move.   Perhaps he could be sold on to another club in summer which might be the best outcome for all concerned,  

46 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Indeed. The fact that we've seen the significant reduction in losses under Warburton while the team is 10x better, is incredibly satisfying.

At least we know if any of these players do stay, they'll be on largely reduced wages if they're as ridiculous as some are speculating.

If the club is in a better financial position then it's thanks to Dave King and the board who operate that side of things.    

24 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

We are not looking at 3/4 years. Mr Warburton said a clean sheet so only this year's performances count. That is why Miller already has a new contract and Shiels is in negotiations.

Well same argument could be used over this season. I would be amazed if Shiels gets a new contract

Law would be a definite for me and I struggle to see the reasoning behind not offering him a contract. He has a great touch, a keen eye for goal and can drive with the ball.........everything we need in our midfielders at the moment.

Shiels and Clark are nothing more than squad players and Shiels to his credit has had a good impact in the team this season, Clark has not been given much of a chance to be fair. If it were my choice I'd keep Clark for the squad as I believe he has something to offer, Shiels I would let go as he is too weak and no little pace.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If the club is in a better financial position then it's thanks to Dave King and the board who operate that side of things.    

It is, not offering silly wages and the fact that we got rid of so many ex-SPL rejects. It should be the club, the stadium, the fans, the facilities etc that's attracting players, not their pay packet.