Waghorn injured for 6-8 weeks

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's a pain, might've landed on it full force cause mind it's an artificial pitch. They're harder than grass ones. 

Hopefully it's just a niggle, Waghorn gets a few weeks rest and comes raring back fitter, stronger than ever to roar us to the treble...........

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Hopefully it's just a niggle, Waghorn gets a few weeks rest and comes raring back fitter, stronger than ever to roar us to the treble...........

Likely will be, in saying that it'll force him to a rest which may ease the pressure off his back.

especially if O'halloran scores consistently 

He's done us a great service since he signed with us and it ain't right people have a go at him just cause he's no scored. Christ irc boyd was worse last year. 

Not going to be popular but id look at giving clark a run of games. Swap with Miller at 60 mins if he hasnt scored.

Clark offers much more of a goal threat than Miller and with good service will score a good few imo.

To make it clear i dont think clark is a world beater but he is our best option atm imo if waghorn is going to be out.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Not going to be popular but id look at giving clark a run of games. Swap with Miller at 60 mins if he hasnt scored.

Clark offers much more of a goal threat than Miller and with good service will score a good few imo.

To make it clear i dont think clark is a world beater but he is our best option atm imo if waghorn is going to be out.

Clark may be the best natural finisher we have at the club. he just needs to be a little more consistent but it's difficult without regular game time.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Clark may be the best natural finisher we have at the club. he just needs to be a little more consistent but it's difficult without regular game time.

It's been Clark's problem since he signed. He was prolific with QoS, but dried up playing for us, a better team that gave him much more opportunities than he would have got with QoS.

It reminds me a bit like Kenny miller's first stint with us. Scored 5 against the buddies and everyone expected him to do that every week.

12 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

If Clark gets a run and starts banging them in, should Waghorn automatically displace him when he is fit again?

Yes because he is a superior player who offers more than Clark.

We cant afford to have Waghorn our for too long.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

In your opinion, but thanks for the answer. I did say IF he starts banging them in. As Waghorn has not been doing that lately, I think Clark should then start with Waghorn coming on at 60 minutes to give him a chance to win back his place. I also think this should apply to any player out injured. No-one should be guaranteed a start the way Jig was last season.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

In your opinion, but thanks for the answer. I did say IF he starts banging them in. As Waghorn has not been doing that lately, I think Clark should then start with Waghorn coming on at 60 minutes to give him a chance to win back his place. I also think this should apply to any player out injured. No-one should be guaranteed a start the way Jig was last season.

Sorry. DP.

2 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Waghorn has scored the most goals from our team and in the league, he’s also been one of the most consistent member of the first team squad this season.

Clark scored a crucial and brilliant goal last night but that is really a one off from what we have seen from Clark since he joined, I think most level headed people would play Waghorn coming back from injury in front of Nicky Clark who despite giving his all is a very limited footballer.

Just because he scored a cracked and won us the game doesn’t mean we should be dismissing how vital and important our top goal scorer is to our side.

Hopefully Clark does bang them in while he’s out and if he does it gives the manager a headache but I’d not get my hopes up for that as he’s pretty poor in general.

Holt was out but came back in and no one was complaining so I don't see why it would be an issue if it happened with Waghorn too.

Clark has had more than a fair crack at trying to nail down a place in the team and so far hasn't really delivered. He's scored some important goals but has never shown enough for me. Can't fault his attitude and commitment to the team but as much as I'd like to be proved wrong I just don't think he's good enough for Rangers - especially in the SPL.

Waghorn being injured is a big blow (if he's out for a while) and when he's fit he starts as far as I'm concerned given what he's done this season.

Saying that should be ok with the likes of Miller, McKay, O'Halloran, King, Forrester hopefully stepping up.

Was right in front of me, definitely came down pretty hard at an awkward angle. On that surface it was always going to be a sore one. He'll defo miss the weekend I would guess, here's hoping not much more than that. Thankfully with the depth we've added in January we'll cope with this better than we might have in November/December. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The Sun saying should find out tomorrow but club fear it could be cruciate injury..

And we're a club who should know a cruciate injury when we see one, we must have had more serious knee injuries over the years than any other club on the planet.

Hopefully it isn't the case with Waggy.

7 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

And we're a club who should know a cruciate injury when we see one, we must have had more serious knee injuries over the years than any other club on the planet.

Hopefully it isn't the case with Waggy.

Surely he would have been unable to take the penalty if that was the case?

Hope its not the case anyway, though a week or two out may do him the world of good.