Waghorn injured for 6-8 weeks

WilliamFyfe

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

Surely he would have been unable to take the penalty if that was the case?

Hope its not the case anyway, though a week or two out may do him the world of good.

I`m hopeful its not that serious, I would of thought he`d have been struggling to walk let alone take a pen but then again Waggy is a tank

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Surely he would have been unable to take the penalty if that was the case?

Hope its not the case anyway, though a week or two out may do him the world of good.

If it's just a strain I think he'd have managed to take the penalty still.  If it was a tear however he'd struggle, I've done the cruciates in both my knees (one of them twice) and each time I struggled to walk let alone run. Hopefully won't be too bad but there's every chance he made it worse by taking the penalty etc when he should have just came off though!

Clark has scored some beauties for us. He's more of a penalty box striker than Waghorn so I believe if he gets good service he'll score regularly.  He's had a run of bad luck, so eventually it has to end and he'll get a run of good luck. It would be great to see him revered on RM as much as Waghorn is. I think he's capable of delivering. A front 3 of Clark, Miller and McKay, with MOH, Holt and Halliday pushing forward would be interesting.

33 minutes ago, crombie1873 said:

If it's just a strain I think he'd have managed to take the penalty still.  If it was a tear however he'd struggle, I've done the cruciates in both my knees (one of them twice) and each time I struggled to walk let alone run. Hopefully won't be too bad but there's every chance he made it worse by taking the penalty etc when he should have just came off though!

I could barely walk for a couple of days after I did mine in and it immediately swelled up.

I've seen footballers who are able to get up and then try to carry on before breaking down again (I'm sure that happened earlier this season in England with somebody, I just can't recall who) and I've heard of people who have done it and initially not felt it at all.

I'm no doctor but I assume the severity of the year will play a part in that (along with your pain threshold :pipe: )

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I could barely walk for a couple of days after I did mine in and it immediately swelled up.

I've seen footballers who are able to get up and then try to carry on before breaking down again (I'm sure that happened earlier this season in England with somebody, I just can't recall who) and I've heard of people who have done it and initially not felt it at all.

I'm no doctor but I assume the severity of the year will play a part in that (along with your pain threshold :pipe: )

Callum Wilson against Stoke. Got up and collapsed in an instant.

34 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Because was able to step up and take the pen I hope it is just a strain, a snapped ligament would make the knee too unstable unsupported and agony as well.

Tell that to Marvin Andrews :P

I really hope it's not his cruciate, that would most likely see him out for the rest of the season at least :angush:   MoH should hopefuly be able to step up to the plate, but we are slowly running out of options up front ( especially in the Scottish cup)

15 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I've ruptured my ACL twice. He could not have got up and took that pen if he had done it. Leg would buckled on him. Worrying that club fear it could be gnat though. Hope not!

Happened with paysmith up at Aberdeen he came back on 2 seconds later he was down. I had the same feeling last night when waggy came off after his pen hope it's not though as it will be about 4-5 months min. 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

It wouldn't have helped that Holt jumps on his back after he scores the penalty. I think if he felt there was a problem right away, which is what he appeared to do, then he should have got it seen to immediately. Hopefully not too bad.

I think that knee has been niggling him for a couple of games now and crashing down on it last night may have just exacerbated the situation.

19 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

What? Pictures of Waghorn?

No, artificial pitches mate. Rob talks about it in the press conference which was live at around 11th February. It's on the club's official YouTube channel mate, if you do a quick search on google or YouTube to see what he says and I agree with him.

Get well soon Waggy, hope you will be alright, hopefully he is back in time for the Petrofac Cup final in April at least, if it is long term in the worst case : (

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I think that knee has been niggling him for a couple of games now and crashing down on it last night may have just exacerbated the situation.

If that was the case he should have been rested, surely. He'll be a loss if he is out for any length of time. 

52 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

What? Pictures of Waghorn?

In his recent press conference (just before the replay) Kiernan said something along the lines of "want them away" or something to that extent. Following that young leeds utd goalkeeper getting cancer (due to the rubber pellets), and Waghorns injury (and countless others) I don't really blame him. 

EDIT: I just realized how poorly I worded what I originally said, I'm sorry 

:redcard:for me

On 16 February 2016 at 10:55 PM, Dutchy said:

It's been Clark's problem since he signed. He was prolific with QoS, but dried up playing for us, a better team that gave him much more opportunities than he would have got with QoS.

It reminds me a bit like Kenny miller's first stint with us. Scored 5 against the buddies and everyone expected him to do that every week.

A good time to step it up would be against QofS.

6 hours ago, gogzy said:

Tell that to Marvin Andrews :P

I really hope it's not his cruciate, that would most likely see him out for the rest of the season at least :angush:   MoH should hopefuly be able to step up to the plate, but we are slowly running out of options up front ( especially in the Scottish cup)

Marv's was torn but not completely ruptured.