Tav, is he all that?

Ferris Bueller

3 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

And here's me thinking a forum is about discussion and opinion!!

On here you put out an opinion for discussion and you get slated/abuse?

To the sensible responders, ok maybe 'useless' was ott, but as stated I think he has been frustrating recently, and yes this may be down to the high standards he set earlier in the season.

There seems to be a wee clique who instead of challenging the thread with their own opinion and points try to shut every thread down they do not agree with. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

http://i.imgur.com/yCSh8l1.gifv

Don't know what it is about Kiernan when he makes mistakes but they seem a lot more costly then when Wilson makes mistakes. Kinda balanced out

Wilson makes quite a few mistakes but is easily rectified, Kiernan makes a mistake or 2 but it usually causes problems 

Agree with the rest however, O'halloran does have good pace but end result, Halliday does do something but I'm not sure what that something is. Holt doesn't have anyone to kinda work with his creative spark I think. Also when you look at how packed the defense gets it's no surprise. That's why we have to make the most of counters. 

That wasnt me that said that. I was quoting someone else. But if you are agreeing then I will take full credit:pipe:

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We always need a whipping boy don't we?

A few months ago it was Wilson and before he got injured it looked like people were starting to earmark Waghorn for the role becauase he hadn't scored for a few games.

I'm assuming it must be Tav's turn to take up that mantle for a few weeks before its passed on to somebody else? :rolleyes:

It'll be Holt next, I mean what's he done recently? Fuck all! Get rid of in summer. And Wallace, been pish recently, hasnae scored and got beat by O'Neill in the last game. Punt him anaw. And as for the fucking manager! Talk about clueless...

:lol:

4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Find him really frustrating at the moment, don't know how many times he just seems to try and run through the defender!

Deffo think we need competition at his position, maybe it is that there is no fear of being dropped and performances have dropped?

Defo needs competition. Essential for every position.

He has been frustrating recently.

I have been disappointed with his contribution for a while now, every foray forward he tends to lose possession and his distribution is careless as well as being a greedy so and so.............in saying that I do like him in the team but I wish he would release the ball properly and not be so greedy and selfish when in the forward areas, if he plays the way I know he can then he is great.

9 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

That wasnt me that said that. I was quoting someone else. But if you are agreeing then I will take full credit:pipe:

I believe the appropriate OT question in this circumstance would be... 'wantin slashed?'

As this isn't the OT, count yourself lucky.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

There seems to be a wee clique who instead of challenging the thread with their own opinion and points try to shut every thread down they do not agree with. 

Objectivity, assessment, discussion, debate?

Nah all seen as anti Rangers and jumped upon.

It's as if by saying every single aspect of our play is anything but perfect then you are having a go.

44 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

And here's me thinking a forum is about discussion and opinion!!

On here you put out an opinion for discussion and you get slated/abuse?

To the sensible responders, ok maybe 'useless' was ott, but as stated I think he has been frustrating recently, and yes this may be down to the high standards he set earlier in the season.

?

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Tbf, when a thread starts as out there as it did, it's setting itself up for a bit of derision and extremes in the opposite direction. It isn't likely to make for the start of a balanced discussion.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Tbf, when a thread starts as out there as it did, it's setting itself up for a bit of derision and extremes in the opposite direction. It isn't likely to make for the start of a balanced discussion.

Not at all, you can see that the most astute posters have given their points and opinions and actually created a more balanced discussion, certainly not what the shout down the thread posters wanted it seems.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Not at all, you can see that the most astute posters have given their points and opinions and actually created a more balanced discussion, certainly not what the shout down the thread posters wanted it seems.

More tolerant posters (in this particular instance), rather than astute. On RM things will always be derided where it's deemed by some to be deserved.

People can become upset about derision of posters where it doesn't suit, but they've no doubt derided when it's suited them in other threads too. 

And it doesn't shut it down, anyway. Nobody's stopping you engaging with the more astute posters.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

More tolerant posters (in this particular instance), rather than astute. On RM things will always be derided where it's deemed by some to be deserved.

People can become upset about derision of posters where it doesn't suit, but they've no doubt derided when it's suited them in other threads too. 

And it doesn't shut it down, anyway. Nobody's stopping you engaging with the more astute posters.

You may need to re-read the thread and question what you assume is tolerant posters, differing views should not be discouraged by a small band who equate disappointment in a player loss of form as an outright attack.

Imagine the shock of coming on a website and finding not everyone's views echo your own.

6 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Apart from a good spell at the startinof the season he has been useless for the last few moptths, constantly disposessed when attempting to beat a man, crossing has been very poor, and defense wise he still looks suspect.

Yes he can still hit a decent free kick but even those have tailed off.

Are we actually seeing why he has done the loan rounds down south for years?

His problem IS that teams we play pack defences and theres no room for him too get Into the box, against Dumbarton once Miller came on and used his head by staying out the box and had two defenders follow him IT opened up for him and MOH IN the last 20min where he had space to hit the bye line.

Just now, Smile said:

You may need to re-read the thread and question what you assume is tolerant posters, differing views should not be discouraged by a small band who equate disappointment in a player loss of form as an outright attack.

The people you want to discuss it with, the 'astute' ones, are the more tolerant ones. The other ones would be the less tolerant ones.

The other ones, the less tolerant ones, just became a bit derisory because the OP started off with some nonsense about Tav being 'useless' etc. Which doesn't quite equate with 'disappointment at a players loss of form', as you euphemistically put it. Something he's said himself was OTT. Dunno why it needed pointing out tbh.

I look forward to you never lampooning an exaggerated OP. It's what happens. As I say, if you don't like it, nobody's stopping you ignoring it and addressing the points you think are astute. It doesn't shut anything down if there are reasoned replies there for you to be getting on with. If there are some that aren't reasoned, it may be that it tells you as much about the OP as anything else. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Either way, it's not unusual in threads.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

One thing you have to say in Tavs favour even when he has a bad/indifferent game he never hides and always wants the ball.

There's no lack in passion in Tav, despite being 3-0 down against St Johnston he still (and the full team) gave it his all even getting us a goal. Which is a good thing to have in a player and a side. (tu)

Just now, Inigo said:

The people you want to discuss it with, the 'astute' ones, are the more tolerant ones. The other ones would be the less tolerant ones.

The other ones, the less tolerant ones, just became a bit derisory because the OP started off with some nonsense about Tav being 'useless' etc. Which doesn't quite equate with 'disappointment at a players loss of form', as you euphemistically put it. Something he's said himself was OTT. Dunno why it needed pointing out tbh.

I look forward to you never lampooning an exaggerated OP. It's what happens. As I say, if you don't like it, nobody's stopping you ignoring it and addressing the points you think are astute. It doesn't shut anything down if there are reasoned replies there for you to be getting on with. If there are some that aren't reasoned, it may be that it tells you as much about the OP as anything else. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Either way, it's not unusual in threads.

Not at all I'm happy to discuss it with anyone, i can't see me trying to shut down the thread quite the opposite in fact.

Just now, Smile said:

Not at all I'm happy to discuss it with anyone, i can't see me trying to shut down the thread quite the opposite in fact.

Hmm. No ridicule from you, ever? Noted. We shall see... 

Although, I repeat, nobody's shut down the thread, any more than any other threads are shut down by a bit of ridicule (and i's probably a fair few threads that happens).

You'll always get alot of different kinds of replies. So it goes.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Hmm. No ridicule from you, ever? Noted. We shall see... 

Although, I repeat, nobody's shut down the thread, any more than any other threads are shut down by a bit of ridicule (and i's probably a fair few threads that happens).

You'll always get alot of different kinds of replies. So it goes.

You seem to be going back and forward on this with me for no reason, and with each post, it's making less and less sense to me.

Just now, Smile said:

You seem to be going back and forward on this with me for no reason, and with each post, it's making less and less sense to me.

Just read it all back. All follows fine. No idea why it's not making sense to you. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Just read it all back. All follows fine. No idea why it's not making sense to you. 

I'm glad you feel that way but I'm sure its only common sense to respect the poster who's reading this nonsense you keep posting/quoting to give his opinion.