Tav, is he all that?

Ferris Bueller

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think he and LW have been told to change their game style. After an attack you now see them both breaking a gut to get back into their defensive roles and that must be energy sapping. It probably is easier for an attacking player to exploit this, especially when they've not done much running for a large part of the game.

IIRC Warburton said the team had a discussion about tactics and they tweaked a few things off the back of it after we went through that bad run in late Autumn.

I think both the m full backs being quite so gung-ho, to the point that it was almost reckless, was probably part of that discussion because we have tightened up at the back since then and I think the way they go forward seems to be a lot more measured since then too.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

IIRC Warburton said the team had a discussion about tactics and they tweaked a few things off the back of it after we went through that bad run in late Autumn.

I think both the m full backs being quite so gung-ho, to the point that it was almost reckless, was probably part of that discussion because we have tightened up at the back since then and I think the way they go forward seems to be a lot more measured since then too.

I think he and LW have been told to change their game style. After an attack you now see them both breaking a gut to get back into their defensive roles and that must be energy sapping. It probably is easier for an attacking player to exploit this, especially when they've not done much running for a large part of the game.

17 assists and 11 goals along with the best defence in the division tells your otherwise.

Aye obadeyi tore him that much of a new one he scored a hat trick...

I will admit the past 8 games hes blew hot and cold. Dumbarton he got 3 assists and a goal, next game he tailed off. 

Defensively hes become better as the seasons went on though and importantly He loves and knows what it takes to play for us. Him and Kiernan especially have took the club to thier hearts. Love it. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

This is probably why we're losing less goals but scoring less.

Last season Jose seemed to do the same with Chelsea. Half way through the league they were turning out some nice exciting football but by the end, all that mattered was the three points, even if it meant winning ugly during the run in.

Needs competition for his place as he can put in a shite performance and know he's never getting dropped.  He's a bit like Hutton, good at going forward but suspect at the back.  Never seems to be able to read the game that well when defending and players go past him too easily.  Wish he'd work on the crosses a bit more, but overall he's up there with Waghorn for player of the year for me.

28 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We always need a whipping boy don't we?

A few months ago it was Wilson and before he got injured it looked like people were starting to earmark Waghorn for the role becauase he hadn't scored for a few games.

I'm assuming it must be Tav's turn to take up that mantle for a few weeks before its passed on to somebody else? :rolleyes:

Halliday as well has got it recently. Turns out our whole team is shite apparently!

48 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think it worked well early on in the season but is a hard position to play as the season wears on as you have to work so hard in that position.

Don't think he's hit the heights he did earlier this year, for a number of reasons

- tiredness (he's played every minute bar 10 mins one game)

- he's been asked to curb his attacking runs (which might change when we get a proper DM in)

- lack of competition 

- team as a whole isn't quite 'clicking' 

I like him. He's a good player. Everyone's allowed a few off days here and there.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think it worked well early on in the season but is a hard position to play as the season wears on as you have to work so hard in that position.

A lean squad doesn't help matters either so MW might need to change his thinking up here especially with the artificial pitches and the cold, wet weather as I'm sure players up here probably have more injuries.

giphy.gif

Oh no you didn't, OP!!

Gotta remember Tav's a modern day social media footballer. There's every chance he'll see this and feel unloved.

I shall balance your yin with some yang at the next match, in the form of a nice little banner.

Hope you see it way up in the Sandy Jardine Govan Rear, Tav. :wub:

il_570xN.364375350.jpg

Just now, sammy cox said:

Wonder who will get it next week.Been Waghorn for a bit now Tav wonder whos name will come out the magic hat next week for pelters.

One more off game and it's Kiernan.

O'Halloran probably has two more games to buck up.

Halliday needs to watch himself. He could slip into the dreaded 'Rangers man' zone. We don't like their kind picking up a wage around here.

Jason Holt has had a wee dip recently. He could soon be in the grip of 'not the same since his injury' mob assault.

But really, it could be anyone. The name probably buys BK a few games more, right enough.