• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

One more off game and it's Kiernan.

O'Halloran probably has two more games to buck up.

Halliday needs to watch himself. He could slip into the dreaded 'Rangers man' zone. We don't like their kind picking up a wage around here.

Jason Holt has had a wee dip recently. He could soon be in the grip of 'not the same since his injury' mob assault.

But really, it could be anyone. The name probably buys BK a few games more, right enough.

The next time Zelalem and/or Law play... and don't score a hat-trick... then it will be one of them. 

Hope you are starting your own bookies and taking bets here. 

I think the OP is more than a bit harsh.  We didn't sign him from Barcelona or Bayern and whilst he isn't World class he does a pretty decent job for us.    I rate him better than Alan Hutton and we got £9m for him!!!  

On a slightly different tack, I'd like to see him tried at right midfield with someone else at right back.

2 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Apart from a good spell at the start of the season he has been useless for the last few months, constantly disposessed when attempting to beat a man, crossing has been very poor, and defense wise he still looks suspect.

Yes he can still hit a decent free kick but even those have tailed off.

Are we actually seeing why he has done the loan rounds down south for years?

Useless?  Been our best player, or up there in quite a few recent games.  Has obviously been told to curtail marauding runs in favour of his defensive duties.

Can only assume you are fishing or know fuck all about football.  Like Wallace he benefits from having a wide player in front of him, a player like McKay for example.  We would get more out of our wing backs as an attacking force if our midfielders were prepared to slot in when one of the baks go forward.

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

One more off game and it's Kiernan.

http://i.imgur.com/yCSh8l1.gifv

Don't know what it is about Kiernan when he makes mistakes but they seem a lot more costly then when Wilson makes mistakes. Kinda balanced out

Wilson makes quite a few mistakes but is easily rectified, Kiernan makes a mistake or 2 but it usually causes problems 

10 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

O'Halloran probably has two more games to buck up.

Halliday needs to watch himself. He could slip into the dreaded 'Rangers man' zone. We don't like their kind picking up a wage around here.

Jason Holt has had a wee dip recently. He could soon be in the grip of 'not the same since his injury' mob assault.

But really, it could be anyone. The name probably buys BK a few games more, right enough.

Agree with the rest however, O'halloran does have good pace but end result, Halliday does do something but I'm not sure what that something is. Holt doesn't have anyone to kinda work with his creative spark I think. Also when you look at how packed the defense gets it's no surprise. That's why we have to make the most of counters. 

30 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

http://i.imgur.com/yCSh8l1.gifv

Don't know what it is about Kiernan when he makes mistakes but they seem a lot more costly then when Wilson makes mistakes. Kinda balanced out

Wilson makes quite a few mistakes but is easily rectified, Kiernan makes a mistake or 2 but it usually causes problems 

Agree with the rest however, O'halloran does have good pace but end result, Halliday does do something but I'm not sure what that something is. Holt doesn't have anyone to kinda work with his creative spark I think. Also when you look at how packed the defense gets it's no surprise. That's why we have to make the most of counters. 

Hmm. 

I think all I'll say at this point is that a lot of work goes into my posts. That may surprise you, and it may not seem like it, but it does, and I value them.

So I'd be grateful if you didn't give the credit for them to inferior posters. Especially ones that can't even be bothered to upload an avatar and that have delusions about being Mark Warburton's major influence.  :mad:

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We always need a whipping boy don't we?

A few months ago it was Wilson and before he got injured it looked like people were starting to earmark Waghorn for the role becauase he hadn't scored for a few games.

I'm assuming it must be Tav's turn to take up that mantle for a few weeks before its passed on to somebody else? :rolleyes:

Agree mate. It happens so often that I'm actually losing the energy to type appropriate information to defend rightfully whoever is being turned into a scapegoat every time... I'm glad people like you do.

31 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Hmm. 

I think all I'll say at this point is that a lot of work goes into my posts. That may surprise you, and it may not seem like it, but it does, and I value them.

So I'd be grateful if you didn't give the credit for them to inferior posters. Especially ones that can't even be bothered to upload an avatar and that have delusions about being Mark Warburton's major influence.  :mad:

That's weird, because everything I quoted was from your post, I did the highlight and "quote this" thing. No idea why it says I quoted ryju84 because more often than not he takens more pish than 10 willies. 

I did agree with most if not all of your post (bar the kiernan thing but i'm biased like that) and it was well constructed (tu) unlike the sfa

4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Apart from a good spell at the start of the season he has been useless for the last few months, constantly disposessed when attempting to beat a man, crossing has been very poor, and defense wise he still looks suspect.

Agree with some of your points OP but not the "useless" part. For me the best fullback in the league, especially going forward.

Think the frustration with him is due to how much his form appears to have dipped, but that's only due to his early season form being sensational.

Being dispossessed,  poor crossing, I agree with..... for me he looks like he needs a rest. 

I do think he looked so good early doors due to his cavalier approach - that's been restricted now to help the central defenders which has worked for the team but maybe not so for him.

A strong finish to the season and, with Waggy being out, is still in the running for PotY. 

4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Tav.s doing alright going by the stats, you cant expect him to keep putting the same level of performance week in week out playing on varying surfaces as very few can manage that playing on excellent surfaces every week.

Your usernames Ferris Bueller, do what the title of the movie says and take a day off or maybe longer I think you need to relax a bit.:rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

That's weird, because everything I quoted was from your post, I did the highlight and "quote this" thing. No idea why it says I quoted ryju84 because more often than not he takens more pish than 10 willies. 

I did agree with most if not all of your post (bar the kiernan thing but i'm biased like that) and it was well constructed (tu) unlike the sfa

I'm assuming you get that my post was supposed to be of the 'being a wide cunt' variety?

I think since the start of this season, Tav has had at least 2 or more  goalshots off the post, and at least 3 or more goalshots/headers cleared off the line by a defender (when they were going in). It's a matter of inches and bad luck away from him being at 13+ goals instead of 9. 

Goals isn't the only thing to judge a full-back by obviously, but Tav will prove next season he's the best Right Back in Scotland. People say his crossings poor but the one he hit in to set up King was sublime from the halfway line. One of our other players (according to Sky) said to Tav on the field during QOTS match that he needs to improve the crossing, so no doubt that's in Tav's mind and is something he will work on as it looked like he acknowledged it.

And here's me thinking a forum is about discussion and opinion!!

On here you put out an opinion for discussion and you get slated/abuse?

To the sensible responders, ok maybe 'useless' was ott, but as stated I think he has been frustrating recently, and yes this may be down to the high standards he set earlier in the season.