Latest from Shoot

The Dude

So, it’s down to one team to secure a treble? Okay it’s not quite the same as the others, but if Mark Warburton’s side were to pull off a triple trophy haul, then I have a feeling it’ll be spoken about for a long, long time to come.

With the Scottish Cup draw; which Lubo Moravcik was kept away from, pitting Rangers and Celtic against each other, there’s an opportunity for the Championship winners-elect to test themselves against a title chasing Premiership side. The last time the two sides met, Kenny McDowall was in charge and should never have had that responsibility forced on him.

Read More: http://www.shoot.co.uk/no-better-way-for-rangers-to-do-the-treble-than-beating-old-firm-rivals-celtic/

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

So, it’s down to one team to secure a treble? Okay it’s not quite the same as the others, but if Mark Warburton’s side were to pull off a triple trophy haul, then I have a feeling it’ll be spoken about for a long, long time to come.

With the Scottish Cup draw; which Lubo Moravcik was kept away from, pitting Rangers and Celtic against each other, there’s an opportunity for the Championship winners-elect to test themselves against a title chasing Premiership side. The last time the two sides met, Kenny McDowall was in charge and should never have had that responsibility forced on him.

Read More: http://www.shoot.co.uk/no-better-way-for-rangers-to-do-the-treble-than-beating-old-firm-rivals-celtic/

Short sweet and to the point mate ...... but nevertheless packed with a punch.

"The Treble" is well within our grasp, but the main goal as you say is our promotion.

Us against them is just another game (albeit an important one) but still only a game that is out with our main goal, and would be a nice bonus for us if we were the team to progress further, so don't want to get too hyped up about one game against them as we will have plenty more against them in the seasons to come when we are competing again in the top division.

Thanks again for your article and look forward to the next one.

:uk:

Its easy for me to say this just now but in the grand scheme of things I don't care if we get beaten by Celtic in the semi final.

I expect us to play a lot better than we did on our previous encounter with them and I fully expect us to play some decent football. I also expect us to score some goals.

If the footballing gods are not with us, like the Falkirk away game, and they win I wont be distraught as long as we do ourselves proud.

Come match day you can ignore the first sentence.

Top blog as usual.

Good wee solid article again, POTY will be hard to decide this year Waghorn,Holt and Kiernan are stand outs, Miller has been a revelation this season, credit to our full backs also Tav and Wallace for their contribution of goals and assists, it shows how far we've come in 12 months since there was only one candidate really last year to win it Darren McGregor, he was average as well, just shows how bad a squad/team we really were last year.

Hope Kiernan gets PotY, not because am a fan of him but more so because he's shown a lot of consistency and for him it'd be a nice reward for his hard work. 

Given how many clubs he's been to on loan, Rangers  is the first club that's took him on has an actual first team player. The most appearances in a single season before joining us was 18. So it'd be a good confidence boost for him, we all remember what McKay said about going out on loan and that it could affect how you see yourself.  Also it'd be great for Mr Warburton who got Kiernan into playing as a center half when he was younger. Be a nice pay off for him too. 

Great article Dude, always a pleasure reading them. 

For Rangers to win the Treble it would be an unbelievable achievement in regards of where we were as a club before Mark Warburton and Davie Weir took over at the beginning of the season.

Considering that they have virtually rebuilt the team and youth set up, to be within touching distance of winning the championship and Petrofac cup, that in its self is tremendous.

Another good read from the Dude.

(tu) Good read Dude.

For me, even though it wouldn't be THE treble, I think it would maybe be the most remarkable one.

Can you imagine it? Adrift, leaderless, club a mess and with no team in June 2015 to a treble and a fully functioning club in May 2016?

It'd be the stuff of dreams. It's still not the most likely version of events, but it COULD happen. :)

Just now, Inigo said:

(tu) Good read Dude.

For me, even though it wouldn't be THE treble, I think it would maybe be the most remarkable one.

Can you imagine it? Adrift, leaderless, club a mess and with no team in June 2015 to a treble and a fully functioning club in May 2016?

It'd be the stuff of dreams. It's still not the most likely version of events, but it COULD happen. :)

The bragging rights would be almost unsurpassed. 4 years without us in the top flight and zero trebles. 4 years put the top flight, one treble. They'd be in the car park before they'd finished putting the ribbons on he Scottish Cup. 

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

You are right,Dude; It may not be a "treble" in the general meaning of the phrase used in football but it would still be a magnificent achievement to win three of the four trophies that we have competed for,considering where we were just a few months previous to this point. We still have a lot to do before that scenario pans out,although I'm very confident two of our targets are within a baw hair of big Waldo lifting the prize. Too much can happen before we play the Bheasty Boys,so for me it's still a "Glass half full - half empty" outlook on it.

In essence; If we can win the main prize that gets us promoted as Champions; win the Petrofac and give a good account of ourselves in the SC semi, I will regard that as a season far beyond expectations.

I always enjoy reading your thoughts on all things football and although I don't always agree with your views; you seem to have a good grasp on the machinations of the game and the pros-cons of football coaching/management.

On a different topic;  I will send you a pm in a few weeks hopefully shedding some light on the Gostomski situation as I depart for Warsaw on Tuesday and will be in his home town of Kartuzy a few weeks from now. As he is no longer at Rangers the reason might not be important, but I would like to know why he left; because it certainly wasn't any lack of ability. :pipe:

Good read there Dude.

As far as the 'Treble' is concerned, I fully expect us to, a) win the league, b) beat Peterhead in the Petrofac Cup, However, part c) win the Scottish Cup, is more difficult, because we are only in the semi-final, and have 2 games to win, before we can get our hands on the Cup. 

Do I expect us to beat Celt*c? Not really, but then I remember our last game against them, also in a cup semi-final at Hampden Park, where, a very poor Rangers team, were beaten 2-0. I believe that the present Rangers team, would wipe the floor with last seasons team. Also the present C*lt*c team, is not as good as the one from last year, they have steadily got worse every season we were not there to challenge them, and that gives me hope people, real hope that we can go to Hampden, play them off the park, and win. 

Will we win the Treble? Possibly, but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Winning this league is our only goal this season, anything else that we pick up on the way, is gravy.

Good piece again Dude. 

This is a peculiar year , as previously there's been two or three stand outs to choose from . This season however , it really is about the teamwork and how every cog plays its part . Maybe some bigger cogs than others , but all playing their part . Been a long time we could say that. 

13 hours ago, gmcf said:

Good piece again Dude. 

This is a peculiar year , as previously there's been two or three stand outs to choose from . This season however , it really is about the teamwork and how every cog plays its part . Maybe some bigger cogs than others , but all playing their part . Been a long time we could say that. 

Spot on. It's been the first year in at least a decade or so where there's not been a core of 2 or 3 players arguably carrying the rest of the team. Long may it continue