Your Ibrox Match Day Routine

What's your Ibrox Match Day Routine? (I will refrain from using the word Ritual as we leave that sort of voodoo and Babylonian behaviour to our East End counterparts).

For me I always travel by subway, i love the atmosphere in the City Centre on Saturday afternoons and the hustle and bustle of the Underground, then walking up the Copland Road, the buzz has never changed, I always arrive now in plenty of time as I like to take a stroll round the stadium, buy a programme, have a swatch at the vendors scarfs, flags, hats etc. Sometimes pop into the megastore just to have a chuckle at the prices, have a burger and chips then head into the Stadium.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jump of supporters bus at Albion car park, Have a quick look over to Ibrox every time then away up paisley road west to the rolls Royce, Few blackthorn and a chicken burger. 10 min before kick off leave buy a rising stars ticket pish and into the seat.

Arrive on supporters bus, go to pub, arrive half pished at my seat 5 mins before kick off then ask everyone around me what the team is, then hold in a piss until half time so I'm not annoying every cunt around me by getting up and down, ask everyone In second half what team is again, then hold another piss till full time, then go home ??

Me and my dad get the 12 o clock train, go get underground tickets, go to an unamed pub in the centre, watch some of the early game, have 3 pints and something to eat. Then we head over to Ibrox, get a pie and go to the bookies, go to our seat and have a blether with the guys who sit around us. 

Can't beat it. 

Up early watch my wee ones playing football if it's an early kick off home game. Head round to the Butchers for bacon pork links and rolls, head up the road get it cooked and eaten then off to the pub with the 2 oldest. A few in the pub then round up the troops for the bus get the money collected bus paid then into the Corker for a couple then up to Ibrox for the game and a resounding win for us. Back on the bus to the pub get mortal with the mates, head home get take away fall asleep wake up for Match of the Day then go to bed.

Job done. 

Up at 5 for 3 pm kickoff, shower shave. Make food for bus get carryout sorted. Have breakfast, head to bus for 3 hour journey to airth few beers then into Glasgow off at louden few nips then up 2 stadium. Watch RANGERS win back to bus for party all the way home.

Meet at Edinburgh train station for a couple of pints at 11.15. 

Jump on the 12 train with a few beers. The beers ordinarily start with the letter of the opposition. Red Stripe = Raith etc.

Taxi to the WRC few pints then head to game.

Subway back into town. Cans bought for train then head home.

Meet cousin for a few pints in town.

Subway to Ibrox. (the smell of the subway is always associated with going to Ibrox.)

Buy programme.

Always walk round the stadium, before heading in.

Macaroni pie, brown sauce and bovril.

Watch the Rangers.

I love every minute of match day.

Have a couple of pints in the kind mans renfrew, walk up to to wallace and have a couple in there,  pop over to the prince of wales masonic ,  have a few beers in there, read the paper and put my bets on online , around 2.15 our bus arrives outside , quick snifter then its off to the match i go 

Usually into the Masonic club or the Anchor Inn in Largs, sing song on the bus, then if I have my Daughter then she and my Dad and I will go into the WRC for a few drinks. Then head into the ground a few minutes before kick off. If my Daughter not with me then sometimes Ill nip down to the wee shop along from the Louden and get a wee half bottle of wine instead of going to the pub, starting to get too old to be doing that now though :lol::lol:

My only real "ritual" is when im walking out the stadium I bang the overhead signs, first one twice, second one once, no idea why just always have :lol:

Usually go straight back to Largs on the supporters bus, but occasionally will stay back and go into the Louden for a few and get the train home, havent done that in a while though, need to go back soon, havent been in the Louden all season when I used to go in all the time.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Go to pub at home, on the supporters bus at 12.30, into Neptune for few more then leave at 2.45pm n walk round to ibrox. 

I love going to ibrox. 

I miss going to the Neptune. Used to go in there before every game for years, but thats was when my Dad drove up, since 2012 weve been getting the supporters bus so theres not enough time to get to the Neptune.

Just now, Willis said:

Usually into the Masonic club or the Anchor Inn in Largs, sing song on the bus, then if I have my Daughter then she and my Dad and I will go into the WRC for a few drinks. Then head into the ground a few minutes before kick off. If my Daughter not with me then sometimes Ill nip down to the wee shop along from the Louden and get a wee half bottle of wine instead of going to the pub, starting to get too old to be doing that now though :lol::lol:

My only real "ritual" is when im walking out the stadium I bang the overhead signs, first one twice, second one once, no idea why just always have :lol:

Usually go straight back to Largs on the supporters bus, but occasionally will stay back and go into the Louden for a few and get the train home, havent done that in a while though, need to go back soon, havent been in the Louden all season when I used to go in all the time.

Whenever I leave, I've always (literally for years) wrattled the exit sign next to the seats with my right hand, then going down the stairs whack the overhead wall with both hands then the last overhead wall before exiting kiss my right hand and touch the wall.  I've not got a clue how it started, probably just seeing most of the others doing it, but that's my ritual for leaving. 

Just now, Willis said:

I miss going to the Neptune. Used to go in there before every game for years, but thats was when my Dad drove up, since 2012 weve been getting the supporters bus so theres not enough time to get to the Neptune.

I quite like the Neptune, it must be at least 15 years we have been going in. We t through few times too for away games at porkheid when nobody has tickets and it's jumping then too. 

Bus leaves at 1pm, half bottle for the road through.

Several bevies in the Neptune and stroll round for kick off.

Another half bottle from the wee carry out shop at the top of Copland Road

Back to the pub at home, usually taxi'd home bloto about 10ish.