Rangers Amongst Top 25 Attended Clubs in Europe

And we do this in the second tier, still ahead of ra shelteric!

Rangers Amongst Top 25 Attended Clubs in Europe This Season

Rangers are amongst the top 25 attended clubs in European football this season, according to figures revealed today.

According to a study carried out by radio station TalkSport, the average attendances at both Parkhead and Ibrox for the 2015/16 campaign puts Celtic in 23rd place, with Rangers just ahead in 22nd.

Celtic’s average home attendance is recorded  as 44,321, whilst Rangers’ is tallied as 44,720.

Embed from Getty Images

However, it is unclear how many of those numbers relate to season ticket holders, many of whom are often counted as a spectator at matches they haven’t attended.

The Hoops’ attendance figures in particular have come under close scrutiny in recent months – coinciding with a sticky patch for the team.

But the fact both sides make the list is a badge of honour, and is a reminder of just how big the two teams remain in European terms.

Embed from Getty Images

They are just in front of Liverpool and Athletic Bilbao in the list of 25, and just behind the likes of PSG, Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan.

Borussia Dortmund top the list with an average attendance of 81,222 at their impressive Westfalenstadion. If you want to see the list in full, it can be viewed here.

Surely we should be getting access to any European Superleague with such a record in the second tier.

The figures they seem to be quotes are from club reported attendances  (or so it seems) rather that actual through the gate figures, available from Police.

Should they use the latter I think ALL figures would drop, ours included but CFC'S would drop ALOT further.

It can't do any harm to be among the top most supported clubs but in the larger picture it doesn't help a great deal since TV deals and not attendance figures are the deciding factor in modern football.  Sky is never going to come calling with a multi billion deal for Scottish football.  

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It can't do any harm to be among the top most supported clubs but in the larger picture it doesn't help a great deal since TV deals and not attendance figures are the deciding factor in modern football.  Sky is never going to come calling with a multi billion deal for Scottish football.  

I'm sure I read somewhere that the money through the gates is really an irrelevance in relation to the premiership sky money. It all helps right enough.

3 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Not looked at the full list, but I would assume Glasgow is the smallest city to have 2 teams on the list?

I don't know if it's still the case but the last figures I saw, admittedly a few years ago, Scotland had the highest attendances in Europe as a proportion of it's population.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

The paedophile harbourers are the masters of propaganda. The truth is they'd be lucky to be in the top 150. They must be counting the amount of seats their banners cover!

yup, and it's so pathetic it makes me chuckle.

i was on youtube the other day, and the amount of videos they've put up in the guise of unbiased videos just to make them look like angels and us look like dicks is incredible.

they have things like old firm flashpoints, and it doesn't contain one mistimed tackle, one booking, one anything from the scum - just all us. it's rediculous. Do they forget the time their fans hit the ref with a coin and he ended up a bloody mess? perhaps all the pitch invasions during that game as well?

their cheating? let's not forget sugarpuff teeth lennon trying to get a reaction from one of our players by winding him up 3 or 4 times in one game - never seen such unprofessionalism from a manager before.

i dont even need to go into their players tackling and cheating as well, serial divers and violent knuckle draggers.

but i guess this doesn't fit in with their always cheated never defeated club motto

32 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

If celt*c get near 45 000 into their ground every week, the piggery must have a capacity of 100 000, because it's barely half full most weeks.

Didn't you know they added that expansion they now have the largest stadium in the world. or so they fucking think with those figures