James Tavernier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be fascinating to see what Tavernier, Waghorn etc do to some of the defences next season. I get the feeling that we have not seen the best of them yet. First few games of the season especially, if teams decide to actually come out and try to play football, I think we could hand out a few slappings! 

Here's hoping :ulster::ulster::ulster:

Admit it lads Tav couldn't defend his 12 year old sisters virginity  but further up the field he is a great player.I watched him a few years ago when he was on loan at Wednesday and he came as a right back and spent most of his time over the half way line 

I am not a Tav hater i think he has been great this season in the oppositions half but a right back he isn't 

I don't like the idea of Tav as a midfielder (central or a winger) at all.

Part of the reason he is so effective is because he gets a lot more space to play in when he comes from deep.

He has his weaknesses defensively and he needs to work on them, but he offers us so much as an attacking threat that I think he's one of the least of our worries in terms of looking for a "better option" for next season.

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don't like the idea of Tav as a midfielder (central or a winger) at all.

Part of the reason he is so effective is because he gets a lot more space to play in when he comes from deep.

He has his weaknesses defensively and he needs to work on them, but he offers us so much as an attacking threat that I think he's one of the least of our worries in terms of looking for a "better option" for next season.

You are right that having him as an actual midfielder wouldn't be as effective. I think getting a true DM will really help cover for Wallace and Tav marauding forward as they can drift wide when they see the play coming that way whilst leaving our centre backs able to stay in position.

i think we need competition for Tav next year as he seemed to get complacent after the initial 10 games and I think this comes with having a guaranteed place.

1 hour ago, Wednesday Loyal said:

Admit it lads Tav couldn't defend his 12 year old sisters virginity  but further up the field he is a great player.I watched him a few years ago when he was on loan at Wednesday and he came as a right back and spent most of his time over the half way line 

I am not a Tav hater i think he has been great this season in the oppositions half but a right back he isn't 

That post has beast ripping right out you

28 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You are right that having him as an actual midfielder wouldn't be as effective. I think getting a true DM will really help cover for Wallace and Tav marauding forward as they can drift wide when they see the play coming that way whilst leaving our centre backs able to stay in position.

i think we need competition for Tav next year as he seemed to get complacent after the initial 10 games and I think this comes with having a guaranteed place.

A holding midfielder should help and I think it'll be one of the first areas addressed come the summer.

I'm not making excuses for Tav and saying he doesn't need to look to improve his own game defensively but I think because we are always going to play on the offensive, which is always going to leave us somewhat exposed regardless of who's playing at full back for us.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Imagine having a RB that can defend and bomb forward with Tav playing in front of him. 

The stuff wet dreams are made of. 

You mean like when we had numan albertz/gio/McCann in front of them. Always loved our left flank in the late 90s early 00s.

i don't think the unwashed full backs will be used to what we'll dish out.