Hampdump

BridgeIsBlue

32 minutes ago, tannerall said:

WTF ?

How is the grass and turf going to knit and settle in to the ground in less than a week.

Every gardener that has ever laid turf knows it is a longish process. 

You really could not make this shit up. 

Advice from the first plant site I looked at:

Although a good quality lawn should be able to accommodate pedestrian usage within two days, if at all possible, avoid doing so for 2 weeks – giving the lawn time to settle and become properly rooted.

RHS advice

Laying turf to make a lawn is problem free as long as turf is kept watered until it has rooted into the underlying soil.

The ground staff at even the most basic football playing fields know this. The Hampden ground staff, are not clowns, they know exactly what they are doing to the pitch at Hampden and the consequences to a team who prefer playing on a decent surface.  

:power_of_anguish:

Tanner spoke to a friend who is a greenkeeper, basically pishing himself over the issue.  Says he is worried about potential injuries as there is no way the surface wil knit i time in those temperatures

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gartsherriederry said:

It's to piss down all week so I can't imagine that will be good for trying to knit the turf together in time for the weekend. I don't know much about horticulture but I know that can't be good lol, just spend the fuckin money and put a decent pitch down in the first place 

Plenty info in here 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why relay a pitch in between a final and two semi finals? Surely if it was going to be relaid at all it would have happened sooner. Did they only just spot how bad the surface was? Odd.

It was only done before the Ross county v hibs final last month.

The problem is that it can take up to 5/6 weeks for the pitch to bed in properly but they had that cup final within a week and Queen's Park playing games on it too so it was always going to end up a mess again.

This will be relayed and probably start to cut up during our game and be fucked again by the time the final comes round.

5 hours ago, William McBeath said:

This

Our game is run like a bad comedy. We need to get some decent people in to change things. Can't remember his name but a sports promoter was going on about how badly run the whole thing is a while ago when we had no sponsor for our top league. Our media are exactly the same. Mostly clowns

Barry Hearn I think

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

They should just use all the money they have stole from us to get an expansive one, I mean we have bankrolled Scottish football since I can remember so why fucking stop now

This replacement is free after they fucked up the last replacement 5 weeks ago.

Scottish football is a joke

I don't know what goes through these peoples head's.

Its Rangers celic at the weekend, millions around the world will be watching.

"I've got a great idea lets rip the pitch up, let it get soaked all week then have a few rugby matches on it"

"Brilliant idea"     doh