Fraser aird

I've watched four Whitecap games so far. The team itself is average and so is Aird. In the first two games he was directly responsible for two goals and then one goal.
In the last two games I have seen him he has settled down and both his tackling and distribution is improving. He tends to hug the touchline when he forays forward and he looked easy to cover.
Might need to watch him for longer to see if he really has what it takes.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, 72barca said:

I've watched four Whitecap games so far. The team itself is average and so is Aird. In the first two games he was directly responsible for two goals and then one goal.
In the last two games I have seen him he has settled down and both his tackling and distribution is improving. He tends to hug the touchline when he forays forward and he looked easy to cover.
Might need to watch him for longer to see if he really has what it takes.

Keep watching mate and keep us updated.

let Dave King know and he will send you an EBT

He's been sent to Vancouver and is playing RB for them, by all accounts started off poorly but has been coming on to a game.

IMO he's been farmed out there to learn the role and come back as cover for Tav.

Time will tell if he's hood enough for cover but I think it's unfair to judge on how he could be as a RB based on prev Rangers performances or indeed the short game find he had as a RB.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to think of this as...

This time last season.... was Barrie McKay "good enough" ? - The answer would have been no.  I hope he gets his chance because I honestly think he has a good future.

On 16 April 2016 at 0:53 AM, Jamie0202 said:

So you're saying a player has never come good? I remember a time when players like  Alan Hutton, Alan McGregor, Barrie McKay and Ally McCoist were all deemed utter pish by our support. Give the boy a chance FFS. He's learning a new position and may come good.

TBH since none of us have seen him recently it's a stupid thread.

Spot on.Players go on loan for experience and to try and prove themselves.If they do well I am a firm believer they at least have earned a chance to impress back at Ibrox.If not what exactly is the point of the system or the incentive for the players as far as their Rangers careers go.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Voted Whitecaps player of the month. Wee guy seems to be doing pretty well.

Only reason he won is because all the bears on Twitter voted for him ! Whitecaps fans were not amused at all saying he nowhere near deserves it 

On 16 April 2016 at 11:06 PM, Bellshill_Bear said:

Simple question, is he good enough to play as cover for tavers next season? 

Cover, for a guy who never missed a game?

Course he is.

I could do that & I'm 58!

I've watched a few more games since my last post. He does have pace and is good going forward but is a woeful defender.
He seems to want to tuck himself in behind the RCB which leaves the winger in acres of space. He can usually get over but in a lot of cases not before the winger has crossed it.
I feel he is not progressing as a fullback and certainly can NOT tackle.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No.

nice hard working lad but not our level even as cover. Don't wish him anything than good luck though 

What level of player are we likely to get to cover Tavers? (Or anyone else for that matter.)