In the jungle

Just sitting here reminiscing about the last Scottish Cup final i was at. 93, going for the treble, against a decent Aberdeen team. The sun was shining, hammered , and standing in the jungle with my best pal. One of those days il never forget, watching Gough lifting the cup, losing a trainer only to find it as I was walking out, and best of all experiencing something the tims will never achieve. Watching my team, win a treble, in the jungle, the shitey jungle. 

Roll on 26 years, I don't see my best pal, I wear comfy shoes and rarely drink but il be there on Saturday and hopefully il experience another treble that will mean just as much to me as that day back in 93. 

Fix Bayonets !!!

Was that the game where there was thousands of RSC banners in the Rangers end? I think theres a Derrys Walls video on youtube that shows us in the piggery and theres literally hundreds of banners and flags. Always wondered what game it was as I dont think it was celtic we were playing, I believe the video says the score was 3-0 but might be wrong about that.

One of my finest memories ever that day, won the treble in their piggery, dads mates wouldn't let me buy a round all day at the grapes bar before and after the game, and to top it off found a tenner getting out the taxi on the way home!

45 minutes ago, Colonel H VC said:

Just sitting here reminiscing about the last Scottish Cup final i was at. 93, going for the treble, against a decent Aberdeen team. The sun was shining, hammered , and standing in the jungle with my best pal. One of those days il never forget, watching Gough lifting the cup, losing a trainer only to find it as I was walking out, and best of all experiencing something the tims will never achieve. Watching my team, win a treble, in the jungle, the shitey jungle. 

Roll on 26 years, I don't see my best pal, I wear comfy shoes and rarely drink but il be there on Saturday and hopefully il experience another treble that will mean just as much to me as that day back in 93. 

Fix Bayonets !!!

23 years :P

A truly special day. Got in just before kick off but still managed a cracking view right on the halfway line in the jungle. They must have been spewing. Imagine how we would have felt watching them celebrate in the east and west enclosures on the very last game before it was seated. I'd like to think we would have told the SFA to do one right enough.

2 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Did the mhanks not arrange a last minute friendly so they could say we were not the last fans in the jungle?

I don't even think they arranged a game but still charged the peasants a fiver for the "privilege".

22 minutes ago, Colonel H VC said:

I don't even think they arranged a game but still charged the peasants a fiver for the "privilege".

Yeah it was just a kick about with old crocks etc, chase away the blues or some shite they called it. Fact is ours was the last meaningful game in that shitehole.

4 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

One of my finest memories ever that day, won the treble in their piggery, dads mates wouldn't let me buy a round all day at the grapes bar before and after the game, and to top it off found a tenner getting out the taxi on the way home!

Ya bassa, I lost a tenner that day and I want it back 

Miserable old git loyal. :mutley:

2 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Did the mhanks not arrange a last minute friendly so they could say we were not the last fans in the jungle?

Yes.

I mind England pulled the same stunt with the old Wembley. They didn't want a Scotland victory to be the last game there... So, they decided to wait and play the worst German team in history... who also pumped them in their own midden.

Then they decided to play some U21 thing there and Massimo Maccarone scored a hat-trick against them. :lol:

They ended up finishing with some Soccer Aid veterans game and had to give up after they got beat at that too.

The last two proper teams to win at the old Wembley were Scotland and Germany. The last proper team to win a proper trophy after a proper game at the old Piggery was Rangers. Luvverly-jubberly. :21:

One of my best days as a Rangers supporter. 

Was at the back of the c**tic end that day, atmosphere was superb. 

When the players were warming up before the game I managed to start an "Andy , Andy , give us the Sash" to which the bold Mr Goram duly responded by mimicking the flute!!.. Superb   

I am also the proud owner of the ribbons from the cup    

Two of the funniest things I have seen at football happened that day in the jungle.

The commentary box was reached by a walkway that went over the jungle, a bit like the rope bridges you see in the movies. Gerry McNee and Charlie Nicolas were the commentators that day iirc and as they walked along the walkway the amount of pies flying from each side trying to hit them was unbelievable. Also when the fans bounced the walkway shook, it must have been terrifying for the two of them.

The second was a female copper that was standing watching the crowd trackside was getting lots of attention from some of the bears. Someone eventually said something that made her chuckle and her supervisor marched over and replaced her, obviously not very happy with her lack of professionalism. Everyone erupted into pantomime boos and heckling the replacement copper. About 5 minutes later the ball got knocked out of play and knocked the replacement coppers hat off. I couldn't move for laughing and either could those around me.

The banter and atmosphere that day was brilliant.

10 hours ago, Willis said:

Was that the game where there was thousands of RSC banners in the Rangers end? I think theres a Derrys Walls video on youtube that shows us in the piggery and theres literally hundreds of banners and flags. Always wondered what game it was as I dont think it was celtic we were playing, I believe the video says the score was 3-0 but might be wrong about that.

Nah I'm sure that was the 0-0 league game against Celtic start of the 93-94 season. Aberdeen fans had the Rangers end the day the OP is talking about.

I'm gutted I never got a ticket for this years final but I can't complain. Treble in the jungle was one of the best days of my life. Straight into Brigdeton for a pub lock-in then to the Louden in Duke St...hammered. I hardly see my mate I went to the game with that day, life moves on but what a day. I hope young bears are saying the same things on 20 years time.

the 'jungle' - that's why we always called them the 'animals'.

my best memory was when jimmy johnstone, who will go down in history as the best player who could dribble around in circles, go nowhere, and finally beat himself, was fucking around on the wing going nowhere as usual, and Big John, fed up with jimmy's redundant bullshit sent him flying 5 feet in the air with a fair shoulder charge, landing on the track and rolling inches from falling in the jungle.

we pissed ourselves laughing as the jungle went fucking ballistic.

10 hours ago, Colonel H VC said:

Fix Bayonets !!!

Felt exactly same that day mate .Remember standing in the jungle . It felt you weren't quite in the right place but the event a bit more than usual, felt special .

Winning treble on enemy lines . Quality . The bedlam after the goals was quite superb .

Made you appreciate what the scum had with that large  shed that they surely do miss .

One of the better Cup finals to have been at . As so many can turn very sour and instantly forgettable