Jorg Albertz

GOAT

30 minutes ago, StewGer said:

Hard to pick one favourite, I'll go for his goal against Bayern because I was behind the goal going mental :D 

Advocaat subbed him with about 10 minutes to go, we were well on top, Bayern put the pressure on and got a soft free kick which went in off a horrible deflection. 

Loved his cool spot kick at the piggery to put us 2-0 up before half-time, that was right after the filth burst Hugh Dallas head open with coins and ran onto the park. Nerves of steel to slot that away knowing what it meant. Ran all the way back to the halfway line to salute the Bears.

Jorg is class as well not mentioning the rift between him and Advocaat. There was a rift and wee Dick thought he was lazy and had to track back more.

The director who told me that commented that Big Jorg could stand on the halfway line smoking most of the game if he wanted, as long as he kept scoring the goals he did. Dick thought different though.

1 minute ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Loved his cool spot kick at the piggery to put us 2-0 up before half-time, that was right after the filth burst Hugh Dallas head open with coins and ran onto the park. Nerves of steel to slot that away knowing what it meant. Ran all the way back to the halfway line to salute the Bears.

Jorg is class as well not mentioning the rift between him and Advocaat. There was a rift and wee Dick thought he was lazy and had to track back more.

The director who told me that commented that Big Jorg could stand on the halfway line smoking most of the game if he wanted, as long as he kept scoring the goals he did. Dick thought different though.

The way he just stood there,chewing his gum while  mayhem was erupting all around 

Was my favourite player at the time, always put a fiver on him for the first goal, big man done me proud, that free kick against them was my favourite followed by the run from halfway line v them, only to repeat it a fortnight later if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

One of my favourite ever players to wear the jersey.  Obviously everyone will remember THAT free kick, but other than that what is your favourite memory or goal from him?  

I'm going to go with the one where he picked it up on the half way line in the Scottish cup semi final against the bheggers, and ran past a couple of players before smashing the ball into the top corner at the piggery.  The bears went absolute potty that day.

Also special mention to his goal at Easter Road in 1997 in the 4-3 game after being 3-1 down. He got the equalizer and it was a fucking cracker of a goal.  30+ yards out right in the top corner.

What a guy.

One of my favourites also goat as you can see in my username, he scored so many belters for us we really could be here all day, can't disagree with your original 3, the one at Easter rd springs to mind and his interview after the game was quality when in his trademark German/Scottish accent he claimed  to "crack it over his heid" or words to that effect.:D

Used to speak to him in Cameron house when I was in the gym training,a great guy who always had time for everyone. Loved the club,support and Scotland greatly.In my top 5 favourites,even in the legends games his passing was sublime .

Brilliant player, a real fans hero to many. Could have made the difference had he not been suspended for the Scottish cup final against Hearts when the 9IAR years were coming to an end. Another who has scored so many wonderful goals that it is very difficult to pick just one but I seem to remember a strike that was measured by Sky as being the hardest struck. This

I always remember the last minute goal he scored against hearts at Ibrox the night we had a celebration of 100 years at the stadium . I took my daughter who had just turned 3 to her first game that night and it was a poor game as hearts just packed the defence and looked for a draw . They nearly got one but the big man done the business in the 90th minute and my daughter who had been nodding off near shit herself at the roar that greeted the goal , she told everyone after that that Jorg Albertz was her favourite .

Favourite player ever to have played for us. Grew up with that side he joined and the stuff he did was just magical. The only time a have ever cried at football is when he did his lap of honour on the last game at Ibrox. Must have been 9-10 maybe. 

Top top player. His hattrick v Dundee sticks out think it was his second goal a Wee drop of the hip to dummy a defender then cracked it across the keeper. Then taking a lovely scooped pass from Neil McCann on his knee and slotting past the keeper. Brilliant hat trick.

Probably my favourite ever Ranger.  Took a while to get up to full tilt but when he did and shifted on to his left, he was usually unstoppable. The only player who's name I had on the back of any Rangers top (Light Blue and White NTL on from 99/00).  Even now, my wee boy who's only 9, practices "The Hammer's" free kicks in the garden.  Absolutely loved the big guy.  Legend.

I know of a German guy who used to live, in a particular part of Ireland; hes a Bear and Albertz was his favourite player, this guy used to work as a fitter in a factory and the locals didn't like him, he could also play a bit, he had played semi pro in the lower German leagues; the locals gave him quite a bit of hassle and he gave it back, he got unfairly dismissed from his job, but before he left for Germany, he wore his Gers top around the local town for weeks, shouting I'm coming down the road etc. pissed the pricks who were hassling him right off; he didn't give two effs, and that's a true story!