Rangers v Hamilton 6th August

rossj6

Are home games before the split protected from being moved for TV (outside of the old firm derby)? I'm sure this was the case before we went into Div 3. If not does anyone know what the situation with TV rights is or can they choose any games they like?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been waiting all summer to say it now the fixtures are out I will this league should be our number 1 priority I'd happily not enter any cups(I know its not possible) to concentrate solely on these 38 league games coming up. Lets put these bastards back in there place. I would just add that would be my ideal situation for this season only

Im happy with that. Start at home, New Year game at home, the deciding OF at Ibrox. 

And as I'm sure MW will be making it clear to our players tomorrow morning at training, 3 wins from 3 in the League Cup and 4 wins from 4 in the League before we go to Parkhead. Full of confidence and hunger, send out a message to those fuckers. 

Getting excited now , fucking send it on!

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I have been waiting all summer to say it now the fixtures are out I will this league should be our number 1 priority I'd happily not enter any cups(I know its not possible) to concentrate solely on these 38 league games coming up. Lets put these bastards back in there place. I would just add that would be my ideal situation for this season only

Everything we enter should be our priority.  I'm fed up saying this the last four years, we are Rangers.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Im happy with that. Start at home, New Year game at home, the deciding OF at Ibrox. 

And as I'm sure MW will be making it clear to our players tomorrow morning at training, 3 wins from 3 in the League Cup and 4 wins from 4 in the League before we go to Parkhead. Full of confidence and hunger, send out a message to those fuckers. 

Getting excited now , fucking send it on!

No old firm game will be deciding Imo those days are long gone I actually worry more about the game before and afterward. Many times we seen it winning that game but slipping up just before or after.

24 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It SHOULD be a comfortable start though.  Obviously doesn't mean it will, but it still SHOULD.

It's great start Goat .I'm excited as every other bear. You have your away trip to Dundee . Hell I may even go myself to that one .

Just hate saying when we start counting wins before we even know who's in our starting 11 .

I would have preferred .Aberdeen or Hearts at Home .Gets the juices flowing on opening day .

11 hours ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Well you're talking shite...or at least your mate is.

Scotland play Lithuania on the 8/9/16 and then Slovakia on the 11/9/16...

I doubt there will be any fixtures that weekend in the Scottish Premiership! 

:D 

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

should be tho lets be honest.

I think Accies and Dundee may be saying the same .

On paper and historically maybe . I would prefer just treating these games like 2 cup ties .Must wins .

Get the foot in the door so to speak . Confidence would be very high if we had 6 points early doors .

No old firm game will be deciding Imo those days are long gone I actually worry more about the game before and afterward. Many times we seen it winning that game but slipping up just before or after.

Edu's goal in 2010 was hardly centuries ago. The final game post split has more often than not been vital from my memory, I do agree with you though- consistency is the crucial factor.

What gives us a right good chance I feel though is the fact that, not accounting for cups and rearranged fixtures, we'll have 7 days to recover and prepare prepare for just about every game. 7 days for our manager to to prepare our team, with one opponent in mind. It's a luxury that allowed Leicester (among other things obviously) to be so consistent last year. It's not just extra rest, it's extra preparation for every fixture. Come the end of the season when each game becomes more and more important and high stakes that will benefit us, an extra 10 minutes shift in the legs, and 2 or 3 extra sessions on the training ground preparing for the match in the bank. Confidence through preparation. 

26 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the December 31st Old Firm game gets shifted to Jan 2nd for TV.  Not sure I can recall an Old Firm game on Hogmanay?

I can't remember one .Fair amount on Jan1st and  after . 

Think we lost one 0-1 few years back on 28th Dec .

Would be superb though

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I can't remember one .Fair amount on Jan1st and  after . 

Think we lost one 0-1 few years back on 28th Dec .

Would be superb though

I certainly can't recall a Dec 31st Old Firm game from memory.  I would imagine it's just because Dec 31st falls on a Saturday that the fixture has been allocated to that date.  A Hogmanay Old Firm game would be great but I can't see it.  January 2nd would be my guess.

Its the complete unknown that's got me nervously excited. Will the squad we are building allow us to challenge for the title in the first season. Will the tactics that seen us canter the league last year work as well this. Not to long now until we find out.

21 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Edu's goal in 2010 was hardly centuries ago. The final game post split has more often than not been vital from my memory, I do agree with you though- consistency is the crucial factor.

What gives us a right good chance I feel though is the fact that, not accounting for cups and rearranged fixtures, we'll have 7 days to recover and prepare prepare for just about every game. 7 days for our manager to to prepare our team, with one opponent in mind. It's a luxury that allowed Leicester (among other things obviously) to be so consistent last year. It's not just extra rest, it's extra preparation for every fixture. Come the end of the season when each game becomes more and more important and high stakes that will benefit us, an extra 10 minutes shift in the legs, and 2 or 3 extra sessions on the training ground preparing for the match in the bank. Confidence through preparation. 

Looking back , our record in the post split old firm fixture is pretty shite . Still hasn't stopped us from winning the league in style though :uk:

Its the complete unknown that's got me nervously excited. Will the squad we are building allow us to challenge for the title in the first season. Will the tactics that seen us canter the league last year work as well this. Not to long now until we find out.

Tbf this is what I think to myself at this time of year  - every year since I was a boy....  :21:

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

So you think n.i should be demanding wins in the euros and not trying too win every game would be a slap in the face too their fans but you would like us too ignore the cups