What's your favourite Rangers shirt?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ZZed said:

Fav away shirt

s-l225.jpg

What year was that mate? Is that the away version of the blue one with similar collar that Sandy made famous to younger bears like me. I'd wear that with pride almost any where :D

Only place I wouldn't is probably a funeral. Great top. Must have been a great year for kids if the blue Sandy one was the home equivalent. They all look much better without the sponsorship shite.

7 hours ago, Fabric said:

This was my first Rangers strip and I would buy it in a second if I could get it anyehere. A guy at work was having a clear out and was selling all his old strips and I bought the orange and blue stripes mcewans lager 1 (peach of a top) 92/93 season possibly??? If someone could post that strip as I have no clue how to. 

:541:

For the blue one anyway but definitely if you mean that blue and orange vertical striped one with McEwan's Lager on it. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best top I've had. Between that and the blue criss cross diamond one you posted about above. Although for me its probably behind that away top on pure beauty but that home top probably beats any away top because it just screams 'Rampant Rangers'. Brings back memories where we could compete with just about anyone and I mean outwith Britain. I don't even think I cast a glance down south back then, it was really only your AC Milan, Juventus, or Ajax that made me take notice. Everything else was riff raff :lol:

Sky and all cable TV channels needs bombed for destroying football and dislodging us as a premier team. Surely sports should be protected from this commercial nonsense?  Lot of shite what's going on now. Imagine the likes of Everton or Watford being able to buy our players let alone a team that has achieved as much as Ajax. Fucking nonsense and I will never respect the European achievements of such teams anymore.

Denying young Bears their Laudrups. Bastards :p20:

I'm always a bit right-wing when I'm hungover mate so maybe they just need told rather than bombed :)

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I hate this one with a passion.  Shite collar on it and that wouldn't tuck down.  It was also exactly the same as the France international top and felt like bit of a rip off.

Yeah I didn't really like a lot of these tops. Same with the one that reminds must of us of Gazza. The one you mean only makes my chest tighten out of respect for Brian Laudrup. What a fucking player :crywank:

6 hours ago, murzo said:

dcooper.jpg

Pin strip loyal, plus its all the better as it was the last strip with no sponsor on it.

First Rangers top I ever consciously seen I think mate. Brilliant memories although I was too young to go to games according to my Da :(

Typical bollocks because it was his drinking time. Not sure how much I forgive him now that I think about it.

49 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

What year was that mate? Is that the away version of the blue one with similar collar that Sandy made famous to younger bears like me. I'd wear that with pride almost any where :D

Only place I wouldn't is probably a funeral. Great top. Must have been a great year for kids if the blue Sandy one was the home equivalent. They all look much better without the sponsorship shite.

year was from I think 79 to 81 then we moved to Blue home with pinstripes and white away with pinstripes both amazing strips but for me the red away kit from 79 to 81 has never been bettered 

6 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

The 60's top with the white v neck that was worn by Baxter , Brand & Millar is my favourite , we also had a couple of decent change kits then as well , 64 cup final & one we wore away to Wolves in the CWC semi . The 94-96 adidas home kit plus the 2010-11 umbro home top were good also .

I realise I'm beginning to spam this thread but so fuck. Mate are you an old bear who remembers these tops through experience?

Just wanted to ask if you remember the Spurs team that put us out of Europe back then. Only mention it as my grandfather always reckoned they were the best side he ever saw at Ibrox. Better than the Juventus side of the early 90s who would get my shout. He was always a bit pissed about English sides putting us out of Europe with lots of Scottish players or and winning European trophies with our guys. Does make you think when you look at how many of the good English sides used our boys. We'd probably be ranked up there with teams like Ajax and Holland if we had kept them all. He loved a dude called Dave Mackay and said he would have made a huge difference to our midfield. He used to rant a lot about Rangers :lol:

Even had a love/hate relationship about Jim Baxter but John Greig and Davy Wilson were beyond questioning lol

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Easiest question ever

season-19621963-rangers-fc-eric-caldow-o

Who is that mate? If you know of course. Is that Ibrox in the background? It looks like it to me with what I have seen of the roof part but never seen a photo that shows the terraces so well and just wondering how the hell you could get 118,000 into that as it looks a lot more shallow than you would expect.

Looks fucking brilliant to me though. I'd be happy with that and the current main stand no matter what all the rich clubs were up to with regards to stadiums.

My all time favourite strip is the Davie Cooper one that I believe this years one is based on. I thought I was past strips but its that good that even this lesser version has me tempted. True art and beauty is always hard to resist :drool:

End up posting a few pics I found but who cares when its these guys :)

CYB.jpg

GP31125110.jpg

CAxufsCWAAEIROk.jpg

Davie-Cooper.jpg

8 hours ago, TopCat said:

This takes a bit of beating imo.

:541:

Terry Butcher playing for Rangers in 1989.jpg

This one ^^^ because it was the first strip I had when I was 9. Loved it.

And this vvvv because it was the first strip I ever saw us play in. Always seemed such bright shade of blue. Simple but great looking. The current strip achieves that in the same way and it looks great too.

33 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

My all time favourite strip is the Davie Cooper one that I believe this years one is based on. I thought I was past strips but its that good that even this lesser version has me tempted. True art and beauty is always hard to resist :drool:

End up posting a few pics I found but who cares when its these guys :)

GP31125110.jpg

Inigo is that a Turkish boat and Greek saying above it? Sorry but not that I can tell for sure just judging on a quick glance of what I see here. Just wondering? The boat's structure looks unusual to me. Not that I'm technical but take a wee interest because my family go back a long time in shipbuilding. I mean those shelf like parts at the side.

Probably for sentimental reasons , but liked the shirt through the 70's when it was a proper shade of royal blue and just the crest . Never did like various sponsors getting in the way though , sadly , financially we now have to. 

Probably upside down , they usually are :D 

2uf8rko.jpg

21 minutes ago, Matt1998 said:

My Favourite Rangers top

image.jpeg

Welcome mate. I quite liked the simplicity of that top myself. Something about the collar and texture of the cloth stopped it being a good one for me. Its kind of shite now for us bears because that top also reminds me of Naismith who I really liked as a player but who showed a crazy lack of awareness and any basic gut feeling for the club when he talked like an economist when we went bust even though he had been offered a good deal. Sold himself for Everton. That still makes me laugh when I think of proper good players like the two Stevens boys or Ball. I honestly don't even know where that boy is now but I think he is not at Everton anymore and I imagine like so many others he is probably bouncing about the lower English divisions. I know its difficult to be grandees like our club should be anymore because of this TV cash rubbish but our club had better not even think about offering nothing players like that a mention on a photo in the main stand never mind a possible place in the team as a veteran helping to guide youngsters.

Edit mate, wee rant there mate about Naismith nothing to do with your post right enough lol Hungover Sunday.

Top is ok when you think of Jelevic :)