Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

Just now, The Dude said:

Without knowing how many are arrested knowing the number of those banned won't really help any. Do the club normally announce when they ban supporters?

The number should match, and considering they backed the fans before stabbing them in the back it's the least they could do. 

Rangers fan sentenced today.

A Rangers fan has been jailed for four months for his part in a pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final.

Season ticket holder x, 50, admitted making his way on to the Hampden pitch after the final whistle.

He gesticulated at Hibs fans after the Edinburgh club's 3-2 win and tried to start a fight with one of them, before he himself was knocked to the ground.

x, from Glasgow, who has 20 previous convictions, was also handed an 18-month football banning order.

'Deplorable conduct'

Jailing him at Glasgow Sheriff Court, Sheriff Aisha Anwar told x: "Your conduct on 21 May, however you may choose to justify it, was deplorable.

"The shameful images of what occurred during the football match were replayed across the world."

The court heard that x attempted to hit a Hibs fan before being punched to the ground, cutting his head and becoming unconscious before being helped by a first aider.

x was later traced to his home in the city's Royston area and arrested by police weeks after the game.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

The number should match, and considering they backed the fans before stabbing them in the back it's the least they could do. 

How do you match the number when you don't know how many have been arrested? 

Just now, The Dude said:

How do you match the number when you don't know how many have been arrested? 

So are you saying the club don't know how many have been arrested and their names and addresses? How did they know where to send the banning letter? 

Are you also saying that some people banned haven't been arrested for anything? 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So are you saying the club don't know how many have been arrested and their names and addresses? How did they know where to send the banning letter? 

Are you also saying that some people banned haven't been arrested for anything? 

No I'm not saying either of those. I'm saying how do WE match the numbers if the club tell us how many were banned when we don't know how many were arrested? 

The he only club who have banned people who haven't been arrested are Hibs.

Just now, The Dude said:

No I'm not saying either of those. I'm saying how do WE match the numbers if the club tell us how many were banned when we don't know how many were arrested? 

The he only club who have banned people who haven't been arrested are Hibs.

You been taking your stupid pills today. 

The club are banning all Rangers fans who were arrested whether they are found guilty or not, so the numbers will match. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You been taking your stupid pills today. 

The club are banning all Rangers fans who were arrested whether they are found guilty or not, so the numbers will match. 

Have they? I've not seen anything which backs that up. So far we're aware of two letters (there may be more but who knows), the club are saying they are banning those charged with "serious offences" and we've no idea how many were arrested or banned. According to posters on here it's the vast majority (30+) of those arrested so I'd expect there to be    30+ bannings. Are there?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rangers fan sentenced today.

A Rangers fan has been jailed for four months for his part in a pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final.

He gesticulated at Hibs fans after the Edinburgh club's 3-2 win and tried to start a fight with one of them, before he himself was knocked to the ground.

MacDonald, from Glasgow, who has 20 previous convictions, was also handed an 18-month football banning order.

Compare and contrast with the Hibs fans who have been sentenced so far:

Four Hibs fans have admitted their part in a pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final.

David Jack, 19, Bryan McCabe, 45, Steven Gordon, 28, and Alexander Lanni, 22, ran onto the Hampden Park pitch after Hibs played Rangers on 21 May.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, Jack, of Edinburgh, also admitted pushing Rangers player Andy Halliday.

And Gordon, also of Edinburgh, pleaded guilty to kicking an unknown man while he was on the ground.

Each of the men either ran towards or approached Rangers fans and gesticulated in a threatening or aggressive manner or behaved aggressively.

In court, Gordon was fined £566 and given an 18-month football banning order.

McCabe, also from Edinburgh, was given the same length of order and a £400 fine.

Both cases involve gesticulating and threatening behaviour...parity eh :rolleyes:

(I notice he has 20 previous convictions, but as they fail to mention what they are and the sheriff hasn't mentioned them - then I'm assuming they aren't football related)

Just now, The Dude said:

Have they? I've not seen anything which backs that up. So far we're aware of two letters (there may be more but who knows), the club are saying they are banning those charged with "serious offences" and we've no idea how many were arrested or banned. According to posters on here it's the vast majority (30+) of those arrested so I'd expect there to be    30+ bannings. Are there?

The club could tell us, but I'm sure they won't. 

So are you claiming that some arrested won't be banned? 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The club could tell us, but I'm sure they won't. 

So are you claiming that some arrested won't be banned? 

No I'm asking how many were arrested and how many were banned. If (let's say) 30 were arrested but only 5 are banned, what offences are those 5 charged with that the club saw fit to ban them.

If the numbers of arrests are anywhere near what is claimed by some and the club had banned all of them I'd have seen many more fans complaining about being banned. So far it's all came from this. 

49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No I'm asking how many were arrested and how many were banned. If (let's say) 30 were arrested but only 5 are banned, what offences are those 5 charged with that the club saw fit to ban them.

If the numbers of arrests are anywhere near what is claimed by some and the club had banned all of them I'd have seen many more fans complaining about being banned. So far it's all came from this. 

They can't pick and choose, if I was one of the banned and I knew someone who was also arrested but didn't get banned I would be talking to a lawyer

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This is when the club should step in take his ST off him refund him and tell him to come back in 18 months time when his ban is up. 

Don't  always agree with CB but I take my hat off to him with this.

Are you watching Mr King and Mr Murray? Would you treat your family the same?  Well we are a family and we need to stick togeather more than ever 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They can't pick and choose, if I was one of the banned and I knew someone who was also arrested but didn't get banned I would be talking to a lawyer.

Course they can, it's their rules. They can choose how to implement them. When to enforce them and when to ignore them. It's purely at their discretion. Which is why I'm wondering if those who have received these letters have been charged with something more serious than being on the pitch or a BOTP.

I wouldn't think they would have any recourse through a lawyer. As the letter points out entering the ground is an unqualified acceptance of the t&c's and whether you've read them or not, you've accepted them.

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Don't  always agree with CB but I take my hat off to him with this.

Are you watching Mr King and Mr Murray? Would you treat your family the same?  Well we are a family and we need to stick togeather more than ever 

Fairest way to do it and you keep us the fans happy. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Course they can, it's their rules. They can choose how to implement them. When to enforce them and when to ignore them. It's purely at their discretion. Which is why I'm wondering if those who have received these letters have been charged with something more serious than being on the pitch or a BOTP.

I wouldn't think they would have any recourse through a lawyer. As the letter points out entering the ground is an unqualified acceptance of the t&c's and whether you've read them or not, you've accepted them.

Which why they should've stayed out of the banning orders and left it to the courts. 

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Could the ppl with the letters put in a foi request to the club asking 

When and who gave them the list of names they used for issuing bans?

The date of the first meeting were issuing bans was proposed ?

The date of the meeting were the banned list was agreed ?

1872 should've been demanding this instead of that pish statement we got. 

7 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Compare and contrast with the Hibs fans who have been sentenced so far:

Both cases involve gesticulating and threatening behaviour...parity eh :rolleyes:

(I notice he has 20 previous convictions, but as they fail to mention what they are and the sheriff hasn't mentioned them - then I'm assuming they aren't football related)

Fucking thread is hoaching.