Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

28 minutes ago, Willis said:

Naw. Me calling you a mongo is the understatement of the year.

You just said "It would be more than an idea, it would be a certainty.  Why would they buy a ticket when they know they will be banned and lose all their money?" Which is a statement that completely contradicts itself, and now your backtracking and arguing the semantics between knowing something and being almost absolutely sure :lol: you'll be calling out folks spelling mistakes next and think you've won the argument :lol:

They would have "more than an idea, it would be a certainty (that they'd be banned)"

"Why would someone buy a ticket if they knew they were getting banned?"

:lol: you said that in the same sentence what the fuck are you on about :lol:

The following statement is true - the previous statement was false

They knew they'd be in the papers and get a ban from Rangers and they still bought a ticket.  How can you not understand something so simple?  Rangers never phoned up and demanded they buy a ticket and then say you're banned give us your cash.  I mean fuck sake doh

Just now, CoplandStandBear said:

They knew they'd be in the papers and get a ban from Rangers and they still bought a ticket.  How can you not understand something so simple?  Rangers never phoned up and demanded they buy a ticket and then say you're banned give us your cash.  I mean fuck sake doh

:lol: im done. You're too thick to argue with

10 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

You can't really say they knew they would get a ban.  The club came out within days stating our support acted under provocation.   Can't remember the exact words however the general take away from it wasn't that the club would ban supporters - far from it.  Unless the club changed position on that however I do not recall that being the case  

8 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

You still here yakking a lot of shite :lol:

Just like the board you don't give a fuck about how loyal supporters are treated,  you've made that perfectly clear...  Don't know what else you expect to achieve here by banging the some old dull drum, apart from make yourself look even more wanky.

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Why would you think they wouldn't get banned?  It seems pretty obvious given the media coverage.

The media don't decide, the club do.  Whether any of us agree or disagree is irelevant, the club released a statement showing a lot of sympathy for the position of our support.  There is no getting away from that.

15 minutes ago, markem said:

You can't really say they knew they would get a ban.  The club came out within days stating our support acted under provocation.   Can't remember the exact words however the general take away from it wasn't that the club would ban supporters - far from it.  Unless the club changed position on that however I do not recall that being the case  

They ran the considerable risk of being banned and it looks to have failed.  The club as a gesture might refund it, but if they don't their terms look pretty definitive.  

15 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Has anyone figured out how many banning orders have been dished out and if it was for specific offences, ie violence or just for being on the pitch.

ps how many more folk are going to talk about being " in the trenches" it is a bit naff btw.

It's an euphemism; which might sound "naff" to you, but it's a pertinent description of what this thread is about.

Btw! Have you ever been in the trenches?

5 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Why would you think they wouldn't get banned?  It seems pretty obvious given the media covs.trage.

Its more like there have been deals done with the two clubs, police and sfa and the fans are being used as collateral damage, IT feckin stinks

7 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

They bought a ticket they knew they wouldn't be able to use.  Who else is to blame but them?  The club might refund them, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Follow With Pride dealt with a limited number of things like songs, banners, etc. so your quote of it's potential penalties doesn't really apply.

The Season Book T&Cs that I think apply are:

"Misconduct by the holder and /or failure to adhere to these conditions or the ground regulation or the holder acting in a manner which the Club considers
is detrimental to it interests or it likely in the reasonable option of the Club, to bring football or the Club into disrepute shall permit the Club to confiscate or forfeit (in each case without compensation) this card and /or ban the holder from attending future matches or other events at the stadium for such period of time as the Club deems appropriate."

So, nothing specific specified (like arrest), and also no commitment to do anything ("shall permit"). So, I'd say they didn't know they wouldn't be able to use them.

I'm not sure how much small claims would be able to do unless it could be shown that the club had already decided to remove the ST prior to taking their money, or other unusual situations like this years ST being their first one, or being arrested but no charged, but might be worth a try, depending on the situation of individual cases. Out of everything here, the timing in relation to ST renewal is the most disgusting.

(Hi. First post, be gentle. More of a reader than a poster, but this has me raging)

10 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

What a cracker you are ffs 

4 hours ago, piperpete said:

Its more like there have been deals done with the two clubs, police and sfa and the fans are being used as collateral damage, IT feckin stinks

Probably as the Rangers board have proved once again they have no backbone and I'm being kind .

However if it were Rangers fans running on the pitch and roles were reversed ,I'm pretty certain the while agenda by Scottlands gestapo ,SFA and Hivs would be non negotiable .

Rangers fc would already have had severe sanctions applied with all of these bastards making sure it happened 

10 hours ago, jintybear said:

Read that. You will see that the general consensus is that club backed the fans who were provoked into going onto the pitch! How would they know at that time that the club would do a 360 degree u-turn 

180 degree u-turn :wink:

I was about to post the same link.  My head is actually sore trying to understand his argument, still can't believe someone is that daft, he must be at the windup. 

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-season-tickets-unfair-terms-consumer-contracts/

@K.A.I might be worth having a look into this mate in relation to getting money back , the office of fair trading seem to be the ppl to deal with this stuff , 

man utd were forced into changing their t&c's a cpl of years ago after complaints too so for braindead cunts like coplandstandbear just because its in the t&c doesnt mean its right or is above consumer laws