So what did that friendly tell you?

KeyserSoze

42 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

You know in my opinion you are the kind of so called Rangers fan that typifies so many on RM full of what's ifs and could have beens wishing the team to do badly.

So you think our defending, Kiernan in particular, is anything other than shit? I'm not wishing the team bad, I'm merely replying in a thread about yesterday's match, in which I've stated that it has told us nothing new, our defending is still the stuff of nightmares. Kiernan cost us the Scottish Cup last year. I hope I'm wrong, but if he's our number one centre half this year then we can look forward to plenty more horrorshows at the back. By not replacing him or at least changing our setup slightly, Warburton is showing himself to either be naive in thinking it'll be ok, or arrogant in his unwillingness to change. 

For what it's worth, I think Warburton knows Kiernan needs replaced, he's even stated we need a new centre back. I for one hope the Scottish Cup Final and yesterday hits home to him to tell King to get a new man in no matter what pronto. 

And to be called a typical RM fan when I've literally held opposing views to your average RM poster for many a year, what with my criticising of Green and Ashley despite 95% of posters on here supporting them, it's a laughable accusation. I supported King on here the whole time and was called (and still get called) a Celtic fan or Mark Dingwall regardless. :lol:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

So you think our defending, Kiernan in particular, is anything other than shit? I'm not wishing the team bad, I'm merely replying in a thread about yesterday's match, in which I've stated that it has told us nothing new, our defending is still the stuff of nightmares. Kiernan cost us the Scottish Cup last year. I hope I'm wrong, but if he's our number one centre half this year then we can look forward to plenty more horrorshows at the back. By not replacing him or at least changing our setup slightly, Warburton is showing himself to either be naive in thinking it'll be ok, or arrogant in his unwillingness to change. 

For what it's worth, I think Warburton knows Kiernan needs replaced, he's even stated we need a new centre back. I for one hope the Scottish Cup Final and yesterday hits home to him to tell King to get a new man in no matter what pronto. 

And to be called a typical RM fan when I've literally held opposing views to your average RM poster for many a year, what with my criticising of Green and Ashley despite 95% of posters on here supporting them, it's a laughable accusation. I supported King on here the whole time and was called (and still get called) a Celtic fan or Mark Dingwall regardless. :lol:

Did I mention Kiernan or any other defender.You did mention how the scum could have taken 5 off us,just remind me how many they took,you did mention Motherwell tore us apart,remind me how many they scored,to say Warburton needs to spend more than 5 minutes on the opposition,well enough said about that and on the subject of Warburton not being a success in Europe remind me who was the last manager who was a " success " in Europe and I would love to hear what your plan B is.Do tell me what YOUR plan B is.Iam very interested to hear what this plan b is that you and so many others talk about.

4 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! Similarly Motherwell were tearing us apart just a couple weeks ago. 

Celtic drew with the premiership champions last week, we got gubbed off this season's Premiership whipping boys. While I'm happy to wait and see how the team performs competitively, the warning signs are there for all to see. We have to do something about our defence.

I can't see Warburton ever being a success in Europe, teams will murder us on the counter. His tactics are too naive. 

Less of the bumming up of the taigs please, it's hurting my eyes.

Burnley and Leicester are closer in terms of ability than you think.

We're very open. I agree. I'd like a decent CB too shore up the defense. 

MW has been here for 5mins and totally changed the whole ethos of our club for the better.

The issue he has is funding. We're expected to compete with the taigs on a budget of far less, the wages we can offer is currently far less than them. 

He has players who I think are pretty mediocre, but with a style and brand of football that gives us a chance against probably better opposition. 

Look at what he did with Brentford. Look what he's done at Ibrox, the mans class. 

He's still learning and he'll take beatings like any good manager. He's tasked to win the league I'd imagine in the next 2 years ( I think we'll do it this year). I think plan B doesn't have to be too different from plan A. Basically get a 6ft 2 CF that allows the wide men to put a ball into the box from open play and set pieces and at the same time offers you an option in defense.

When it comes to European football I trust him to change and adapt. 

He's been here a season and worked wonders. People moaning because we've lost a couple of games. 

He's basically said he understands we need a new CB and a CF. He's not blind to our failings.

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Nothing we didn't already know. I've honestly no idea why so many on here seem to have had such a massive reaction to this game.

Flappers Utd ( aka whats ifs and could have beens ) 0 Moaning FC ( aka they nearly did this and we nearly didn't score ) 1

Burnley are epl quality and we're spl quality. Their front line would walk this league. We won't face the likes this season but we desperately need a no nonsense centre half for cross balls especially and with class on the grass too..they're not cheap so we need to spend to get one. . We also need to teach Tav to defend... 

Kranjcar was playing with lead boots on , defence passing back to keeper TOO much  which always give them back the ball , some players can't even control the ball , need Rossiter playing sweeper and never though i'd say this but keep Wilson in for Hill, Hodson for Tav . only positives for me were when subs came on was better and Windass will be back.

It made me realise I'd been over optimistic about our quality, and underestimated how much Burnley has improved since last year's pre-season friendly. I think they'll do okay in the EPL this season. Andre Gray is a class striker. Put him in our side and we'd be odds on favourites to leave the tims and the others in our wake. It made me realise we're a long way from having a first choice midfield sorted out for the season - but that game will have helped. Rossiter, Barton and Windass have been the three who've impressed me the most so far. Last season I was critical of Kenny Miller early on and he made my (few) comments to that effect look very premature later in the season. I'm prepared to make the same mistake again: his first touch has deserted him and it's time for him to focus on coaching. I'm still optimistic, though. We're only a couple of players short of a title winning team imo - the next few days could (hopefully) see us sort that.

Does squad rotation work? im not so sure it does, look at teams in England who do this for capital cup games, usually ends in defeat, Warbs has said its not about a starting 11 its the squad , players get used to each other, changing it constantly dosen't work. we certainly need a strong defence, this must be the worst in our history, and for the attacking team we are we still don't take enough chances look at the results yesterday , three teams we will play next season banging in seven goals, we can't even do that against Annan, East Stirling. I think our style is predictable now , teams know how to play against us. maybe im being overaly pesamistic but im concerned for the coming season, 55 could be on hold, hope im wrong. 

It told me nothing I already did not know, We need a quality centre back and a half decent target man.

Burnley were one of the hardest working teams when they got relegated 2 seasons ago and nothing much has changed. They sussed us out very early on, when we got the ball we were too slow allowing them to get back in shape, up front was powderpuff and when we needed to lump it up instead of playing dangerously deep when the pressed time and again and try to win the second ball, we never did that as we don't have someone upfront who can do this.

Time Mr King gave the manager £3 million to get the 2 players required.

Yes we have a good squad, yes we will beat the majority of the teams up,here but we have too much like for like.

Get the boy Dodoo up from the start and let's see what he can do. 

4 hours ago, MasterD said:

Nothing I didn't already know.

Defence is awful. Manager and many fans needed a wee wake up call and maybe the game will be a reality check for both.

I was more disappointed with the midfield than I was the defence though. The amount of times there was plenty of space in the middle yet we passed around the back until there was a diagonal ball on was unreal. That's the area we have the most experienced players yet I felt they were all missing.

Agree with this. I also felt we seemed very reluctant to give or receive the ball in tight situations in a way we weren't when this MW revolution started. 

If I think about the last time we played Burnley, we were far more confident in the sharp passing and we moved it more dynamically partly because we had trust in each other to take the ball in tight positions and be able to deal with it.

Still happy and confident in the management overall, but ffs things need to improve in some areas or we'll drop a good amount of points next season. 

3 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

He posted on the laugh at Celtic thread about in his opinion Walter Smith's poor record in Europe,the guy reeks to high heaven.

I actually didn't realise it was in the Celtic thread that I posted that.

Tell me Walter Smith had a good record in Europe, you can't, he performed very poorly all things considered. Feel free to act the prick though, makes no difference to me. I've been called a Celtic fan on here because I supported Dave King taking over the club, criticised Green and Ashley, didn't vote Brexit, don't support Israel's treatment of Palestinians. You calling me reeking tells me nothing other than you might be lacking in your ability to view information (Kiernan is not good enough or Smith only had two good European runs out of ten or eleven) and assimilate it into an evidence based appraisal of what that means (Our defence might not be good enough to win the league or that Smith underachieved in Europe). 

If you can't admit that then the only thing reeking in this thread is your own intellectual deficiencies. 

Dont usually read too much into friendlies but this one is sticking in my throat. After the first half hour against Motherwell i thought we were going through the gears albeit much lesser opposition. The fact the other mob drew with the English champions last week and we have been carved open by the Championship winners has been a kick in the bollocks to my optimism for our title winning ambitions.

He is getting some stick on here but Gary Wilmot did  make some valid points.

Good luck to Burnley for new season and thanks again to them for Turf Moor 1978. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

We seem to have slowed down remarkably with the introduction of barton and kranjcar 

Better second half when rossiter and moh came on injected much needed pace.

Spot on , the football was quicker and much more fluent. There was more rush to close down opponents too.

Glad someone else noticed this.

25 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I actually didn't realise it was in the Celtic thread that I posted that.

Tell me Walter Smith had a good record in Europe, you can't, he performed very poorly all things considered. Feel free to act the prick though, makes no difference to me. I've been called a Celtic fan on here because I supported Dave King taking over the club, criticised Green and Ashley, didn't vote Brexit, don't support Israel's treatment of Palestinians. You calling me reeking tells me nothing other than you might be lacking in your ability to view information (Kiernan is not good enough or Smith only had two good European runs out of ten or eleven) and assimilate it into an evidence based appraisal of what that means (Our defence might not be good enough to win the league or that Smith underachieved in Europe). 

If you can't admit that then the only thing reeking in this thread is your own intellectual deficiencies. 

Think it's fair to say I touched a nerve.

Burnley played in such a way that nullified Krancjar. They pressed our defenders high up the pitch and forced them into shite passes. 

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the better team won. We've just came up from 4 years of shite lower league football. We're good enough to compete in Scotland but it will take years for us to be able to compete against English Premier league teams and in Europe. 

22 minutes ago, Lidl said:

Burnley played in such a way that nullified Krancjar. They pressed our defenders high up the pitch and forced them into shite passes. 

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the better team won. We've just came up from 4 years of shite lower league football. We're good enough to compete in Scotland but it will take years for us to be able to compete against English Premier league teams and in Europe. 

Barton came from this team so he should not require to step up Krancjar is easily if fit at this level, the team we played in Burnley are stepping up a level to be an Epl team, i thought quite an ordinary team made us look poor as we have not invested in the poorest part of our team which is defence.

We seem to have no pace in the middle as well till young Rossiter came on.