So what did that friendly tell you?

KeyserSoze

For me:

I don't care if we don't come up against a player like Andre Gray again,  our defence is not good enough. Kiernan has again been poor he should not be a regular 

MOH looks dangerous but perhaps as a sub. 

Kranjcar looked way short of being fit (still?) 

Rossiter will be a star

and well, Andy Fucking Halliday likes his newish position. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only got to grab the last 15mins.

I'm guessing there is absolutely nothing learned that we didn't already know. 

Missing a CB..nothing new.

MOH looked good what I caught.

Rossiter is going to be a massive player.

Roll on Saturday.

Probably that Rangers are just not good enough to play a 4-3-3 against better opposition.

It's becoming a bit too predictable at times now.

Also we seem to be terrified to put the ball into the box at a corner kick for some reason?

it told me...

Wes slightly gets the nod because he has better distribution, Hodson is solid and steady, Rossitor must start, Niko had a bad day at the office but nothing to be concerned about, Miller to see diminishing action this year, MOH strong but still lacks touch, young Thompson has to go out on loan ( an unused sub in a friendly is pointless) and yes...we need a CH

I still think Hill can offer us good cover at the CB position.  People need to stop bashing Wilson and realise that he is probably our best CB at the moment.  What we need is someone solid to partner Wilson and hopefully that happens ASAP.  Kiernan just isn't good enough and that new contract looks like a mistake.

We are still not yet the finished article.

Our defense (all of it) remains poor.

We still need a quality striker somewhere.

We need to (maybe at times) hurry the ball forward a bit more rather than passing our way into goal, especially against quality teams.

It tells me a championship team from England, the fifth richest league in the world, and a tough one, and now preparing for the EPL by buying in experience and top class players worth 10s of millions is better than a championship team from Scotland the 50th or 60th top league in Europe which is recruiting players from the English 1st division, loans and slightly past their best experienced players.

So result not a great problem as we are still in transition in a shit hole of football ability.

Probably a good result in many ways for us as it highlighted what we already know. Our style of play allows classier teams to hit us hard. and we are weak at the back. 

Our style of play puts the onus on us to outscore the opposition whilst leaving ourselves open at the back, so early in the game  we need a proven finisher. 

So simple answer, we're progressing reasonably and in a very short term we can now compete against most of what Scotland has to offer, but we need more steel at the back and opportunism up front to compete with the top three in Scotland and potential European opposition next season.

Even simpler answer which we've known for 12 months is we need an experienced commanding CB and a proven CF.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I still think Hill can offer us good cover at the CB position.  People need to stop bashing Wilson and realise that he is probably our best CB at the moment.  What we need is someone solid to partner Wilson and hopefully that happens ASAP.  Kiernan just isn't good enough and that new contract looks like a mistake.

Wilson is the same bombscare of a player , its only a matter of time till he fucks up . Wallace was shown up defending today too.