Warburton on skysports at 1015

boyd09

said were in good shape learned a lot about the team ,

doesnt think its a big gap from last season to this season league

asked any team news , said cant give too much away but barton should be involved

Ā 

hopes for 1 or 2 more no great rush has to be right players

presenter said about lego teeth saying aberdeen are nearest challenger he said hes entitled to his opinion but were in good shape seen rodgers onceĀ 

wouldnt make a prediction for season Ā but said we will finish stronglyĀ 

Ā 

nothing new really that was about it

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Objective for the season - MW response - "to be more than highly competitive".Ā Ā Ā  I'll take that as vaguely coded language for 'win 55'.Ā Ā  That has surely got to be the aim when those at Ibrox speak to each other.Ā  It may not be a public statement in order to avoid setting themselves up for criticism if they don't win 55 at first pass but MW's phrase provides the emphasis on success that is at Rangers in a subtle but effective way.Ā Ā Ā  Task is now to go and deliver.Ā Ā 

I'm still surprised that the reporter in amongst his 10 or so questions didn't ask the obvious one about whether he (MW) feels he needs a further quality goal scoring striker.Ā Ā  To win the league we will need to outscore the opposition week in and week out.Ā  I'd feel a lot more confident aboutĀ achieving a 'more than highly competitive' assessment at the end of the season if a class striker could be added and a CB who inspires more confidence in stopping goals fromĀ being conceded.Ā Ā 

DK - get the cheque book out pronto.