linfield1690

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, calio said:

I'm presuming you know the details of the deal then yeah? Can you explain what triggers our dividend payment from Rangers retail? Ta

I'll be honest with you jbj, I think your in the extreme minority mate ;)

when did i ever say i knew about the deal, tbh i probably know as much as our board do

what i said, and i stand by it, is that i do not have any faith that the current lot could set up a better operation, infact i think the current lot would struggle to organise a piss up in a brewery,

we got a million quid for nothing coming off our worst season in a long time and a full blown boycott, imagine just how much we'd make if we actually decided to simply act like normal fans now and buy what we wanted, yes SD get a big chunk of it as well, but given they actually do all the work all we have to do is simply play well and thats it

3 hours ago, In walter we trust said:

The store was more or less empty, very sad to see , this needs sorted soon 

Agree it's very sad, especially with it being the day that it was. Supporters obviously were staying away from the store.

I was heartened by what DK said yesterday that he thought there would be a solution in the short term. I find that difficult to believe considering the lengths SD have went to, so maybe there is a lot more going on behind the scenes. Maybe with the headlines the last few days and the impact on sales over the next few weeks will force a rethink by Puma and SD, who knows, need to hold out for hope anyway.

43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

when did i ever say i knew about the deal, tbh i probably know as much as our board do

what i said, and i stand by it, is that i do not have any faith that the current lot could set up a better operation, infact i think the current lot would struggle to organise a piss up in a brewery,

we got a million quid for nothing coming off our worst season in a long time and a full blown boycott, imagine just how much we'd make if we actually decided to simply act like normal fans now and buy what we wanted, yes SD get a big chunk of it as well, but given they actually do all the work all we have to do is simply play well and thats it

:D 

the term delusions of grandeur springs to mind

On 8/6/2016 at 11:47 AM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I see no reason why anyone would go in to the Megastore and buy a jersey.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows buying the kits undermine the boards position when it comes to getting a better retail deal.  Since no one will be going in I doubt there will be any issues.

I see no reason to abuse Bears with their kids outside Ibrox, I see that as a lot worse than buying an item of clothing, you dont seem to feel the same way.

To be honest this thread is much ado about nothing. Some fans want to buy merchandise which some on here are defending - and that's fair enough. However it's quite clear that the vast majority of Rangers fans are NOT buying the merchandise and that's having the effect that others are arguing for.

So in summary, let whoever wants to buy the new tops do so but for the boycotters please don't fret about it because the protest is having a clear affect. Something will have to give, and very soon  I hope ?

16 minutes ago, Willis said:

I see no reason to abuse Bears with their kids outside Ibrox, I see that as a lot worse than buying an item of clothing, you dont seem to feel the same way.

Were any kids actually abused outside the Megastore yesterday?

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What triggers the dividend payment?

On 06/08/2016 at 8:48 AM, LochendBilly said:

Don't wear a strip bud, bit too old for that. Spend my money with the club directly as I've no idea how much they get from the fake stuff.

See report in DR, both clubs losing millions to thieves selling fake/unauthorized shite outside stadiums.  Fukking parasites bleeding Rangers fans.

End of the day it's up to individuals what they buy and whether they elect to give small amounts to the lub or give 100% to thieves.

King needs to get rid of SD ASAP, though more likely they'll reach some sort of compromise and that SD will not go away which should be fun.

Just now, the goal machine said:

Whenever SD decide to give us it, I'm sure. They'll be desperate to hand us money.

Thank you gm, we will only receive payment(the dividend) from our retail deal when or if Sports Direct choose to make it & some think that we could do worse than that? Hard to believe that would even be possible :belm:

Forget all about the pence in the pound figures that are banded about, all that matters is that we will only ever get paid when fat Mike decides, the trigger for payment is how generous lardass is feeling any particular day. *Don`t hold your breath*

Pretty sure the last dividend was used almost completely to cover the cost of closing the stores(did the Belfast one become a Sports Direct?), we were lucky enough for fat Mike to take over our megastore & it`s staff at the same time, making our Club shop a glorified Sports Direct.

That`s some going right enough... If your Mike Ashley or a Sports Direct shareholder ;)

A Guardian analysis of the Rangers accounts last month suggested that the joint venture with Sports Direct, Rangers Retail Ltd, had paid the Scottish Championship team dividends of about £559,000 since the deal came into effect about four years ago. During that time, the Rangers store had taken more than £13m through its tills from fans, while a previous retail deal with JJB Sports saw the club receive an initial payment of £18m, with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Over the same four-year period, the accounts also suggest that Sports Direct was paid three times Rangers’ dividends, totalling about £1.8m. On top of those payments, it has also earned hundreds of thousands of pounds from the joint venture for providing retailing services. Despite the difference in the amounts received by each party, Rangers owns 51% of Rangers Retail, while Sports Direct holds the remaining 49%.

The agreements between the two also include:

A seven-year notice period to break the contract

A confidentiality agreement that binds Rangers but not Sports Direct

Obligations for Rangers Retail to buy stock at a “higher cost than its retail value”

A clause allowing Sports Direct to force Rangers out of its shareholding in Rangers Retail if the relationship between the club and the retailer is “deadlocked”

A further clause that forced the football club to pay Sports Direct £620,000 for closing down two former Rangers stores in Glasgow and Belfast

Zero upfront payment to Rangers for awarding the retail deal to Sports Direct in 2012

A controlling vote for Sports Direct on “financial matters” concerning Rangers Retail.

Sports Direct could not be contacted to provide comment in time for publication.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/mar/07/sports-direct-rangers-football-retail-deal-dave-king-conflict-interest

Aye,the current board could do worse lol

9 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

There have been threads on the subject recently with one or 2  people saying they wanted to buy the new kit but weren't sure because of the ongoing situation and the general consensus was to encourage them to buy if that's what they wanted to do. 

That's not encouraging them to buy it,  that's telling them to make their own mind up and do what they want.

There were, however, people actively trying to persuade members to NOT buy. 

9 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Just seen King's interview after the match and he said he expected the commercial side of things to be sorted out in weeks or a couple of months, which is encouraging.

Oh that's good.

Any idea when he's going to dig into his own pocket and give Warburton some cash money to fix the bastard defence already?

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Oh that's good.

Any idea when he's going to dig into his own pocket and give Warburton some cash money to fix the bastard defence already?

He's no money in his pocket that's what most said on here at the time Ashleys been a great smokescreen for him and the boards inability to invest.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Oh that's good.

Oh that is good.

I don't know anymore than you and to be fair I don't think the defence was the reason we dropped points on Saturday. A couple of quality players are still needed  and  I hope DK is prepared to part with more cash if required.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's no money in his pocket that's what most said on here at the time Ashleys been a great smokescreen for him and the boards inability to invest.

Aye sure, I bet the board are delighted Ashley is fucking Rangers over, and they're  dreading the day when we get a deal that brings decent income into the club.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

I don't know anymore than you and to be fair I don't think the defence was the reason we dropped points on Saturday. A couple of quality players are still needed  and  I hope DK is prepared to part with more cash if required.

The defence was the reason we lost that cup final,and after nearly a whole transfer window the problem still hasn't been fixed.

I've already said it before,if we still have the same three centre backs come the 1st of September then Tam Mullen better be prepared for the shitstorm that'll come his way.

801.gif

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Aye sure, I bet the board are delighted Ashley is fucking Rangers over, and they're  be dreading the day when we get a deal that brings decent income into the club.

A deal he could live with King said, he forget the lies he tells.

4 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Everyone conveniently forgets that King had the opportunity to get in before MA did but instead wanted control of the club without puttibg money in his pocket.

I`m sure you`ll no let us forget Wully ;)

So did King put money in Ashleys pocket to get control? I don`t really understand why he would have to tbh.