****Your official Dundee v Rangers thread****

AlCapone

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The defence can't  be blamed entirely for Dundee having 63% possession. I look at it another way, 63% possession and not one clear shot at goal. Any other team would commend the defence for that statistic and take solace instead of pannicking. 

Its not just the defence, the midfield kept playing sideways and backwards in the second half resulting in the defence giving the ball away and getting in to trouble, For a so called attacking team we don't do attacking!!, also not taking our chances puts even more pressure on us. We played decent enough in the first half and should have scored more, also Miller and Forrester should have been off at the 50 minute mark as both were showing signs of tiredness, at least its a win but can't see us winning the league.

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Mckay not effective ?

Who flicked the ball for Harry to score ?

Who gave Wallace an ace of a through ball which finished with Miller getting No 2 ?

I rest my case.

He also stopped performing in the second half apart from the odd occasion, and his finishing is still not good enough.

A huge three points today bears! 

Not the best performance but I thought we showed good character in the final 10 minutes to see the game out. Last season we dropped points in games such as Falkirk and Raith away so we are improving. 

Another positive is that more of our players got game time that need it E.g. Barton and Niko. 

Onto Motherwell at home next week. Let's get another sell out and have Ibrox rocking. If the tims drop points in the early game away to St. Johnstone the atmosphere could be quite good! 

:uk:

2 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Its not just the defence, the midfield kept playing sideways and backwards in the second half resulting in the defence giving the ball away and getting in to trouble, For a so called attacking team we don't do attacking!!, also not taking our chances puts even more pressure on us. We played decent enough in the first half and should have scored more, also Miller and Forrester should have been off at the 50 minute mark as both were showing signs of tiredness, at least its a win but can't see us winning the league.

Yes that's fair enough, I just think the defence gets too much of the blame. If you ignore that shit stirring bastard mutton then the defence played ok. Some aukward balls out, I grant you but not one clear cut chance for Dundee the entire game, apart from the goal of course. 

Mutton enphasing Rangers frailties throughout the match has pissed me off. 

Every team has there strong and weak points. Rangers strong point is clearly not their defence but today the defence were far from vulnerable as mutton put it. 

19 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Corners are a joke

MoH, Dodoo, Niko done nothing when came on

Forrester had a great 1st half

McKay not effective again, cannot wait till he gets going

The defence are just a shambles, they done a couple good bits of defending at times but every time the ball comes over or they need to hold a challenge they fucking fuck it up, this was needing addressed last Jan never mind in the next fortnight 

less said about corners the better, we all know it is a joke, they had 3 free headers

Thought Wee Rossiter was awesome again, absolute star, he can't do all the dirty work himself either, needs help

Barton was ok, few passes which had me raging

Wingbacks nowhere near as effective as they can be, Wallace was the better out of the 2 I thought

Miller, was ok, great goal as was Forrester

Halliday I thought got himself into good positions, with some better decision making he could have assisted in a couple more goals today

Delighted with the 3 more point but the guys have to be braver, and take example from Rossiter, we all have to win ugly sometimes but we need a couple games where we win beautifully to make these games count

Onto the next

McKay was the best player on the park along with Rossiter? The flick on to Forrseter for the first and the brilliant pass to Wallace for Millers goal? 

26 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The defence can't  be blamed entirely for Dundee having 63% possession. I look at it another way, 63% possession and not one clear shot at goal. Any other team would commend the defence for that statistic and take solace instead of pannicking. 

Yeah okay I take your point, but when I was watching with Dundee having so much possession in that period I was a bag of nerves

Wow some people 

someone said earlier they worry about this fragile rangers team winning ugly (just done it) 

4 pts out of 6 through to qf 

but some people just want to moan and greet 

4 years ago today Kevin Kyle scored a last minute equaliser against Peterhead 

take stock

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Mr Warburton....we've got to learn from that game 

I wish we'd learn how to defend corners and how to score from corners

I really do get MW always going on about learning.   Seems everything these days in every walk of life has a 'life long learning' mantra attached to it.   I know lots of people who are professional learners.  Always looking to acquire some new qualification or other, or do yet another course.   Always learning......but not always translated into much actual productive 'doing'.   I'm looking forward to the day when evidence in Rangers defensive skills moves from learning to learned - especially defending corner kicks and free kicks.    Also looking to see more evidence of having learned in converting goal scoring opportunities into actual goals scored.   We should have been 3-0 up and instead found ourselves conceding a goal.  

As much as MW talks about 'learning' it also applies to himself to shift the emphasis into 'learned'.   And quickly too if he holds to the ambition of producing a squad which proves to have been more than competitive this season.  

Until its more a case of learned and then developing from that 'learned' position watching games is a bit tense.    Like watching kids take exams - until the results are out and they show they have learned the nerves are there.  

Just now, JograBear said:

We lost control of midfield when Krancjar came on. Still think he is a luxury.

Along with Barton.

If we play against the Bheasts (in 3 weeks time) like we did today and we will be ripped apart.

A harsh lesson looms on the horizon for some.

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Along with Barton.

If we play against the Bheasts (in 3 weeks time) like we did today and we will be ripped apart.

A harsh lesson looms on the horizon for some.

The midfield control was lost before Kranjcar came on and just got worse as the game went on, even fresh players didn't help.