English Football

Clemdog

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is it fuck, not dangerous, not last man, not a goal scoring opportunity.

Another rule is also if he didn’t even attempt to play the ball he should have been sent off. 

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play"

That describes his actions, never winning the ball, skinned, team humped so boot someone in the air with excessive force - again, Solskjaer knew it, Neville knew it, Mourinho knew it, Shaw looked like someone who wanted it to be a red. 

The ball is miles and miles away all he does it punt him in the air. It's not cynical, its a cunts trick. 

spacer.png

If that's Duffy going in on Kent in the next OF game, you just know that Michael Stewart will rave about it being a robust, yet fair tackle and that Kent made the most of it.

31 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Aye a pull-back of the jersey is a yellow.

But there isny any intent to play the ball so a red.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

There’s a difference between what was a yellow 10 year ago and now.

No bruality, no excessive force, no endangering the player, no last man, no goal scoring opportunity. It's still no a red.

The Man U situation is so weird. At the moment it is all very similar to when McCoist was with us I feel. 

The board are clearly an absolute dugshit mess which makes it difficult for a manager but that still doesn’t excuse coaching the absolute best out of the squad which neither McCoist did or Solsjaker does. 

Them both being ex-players is also not a coincidence, it is something that is intentional to try and split the fan base. You also have the bonus if you are their board of knowing Solskjaer is out of his depth so won't batter you in the media in the way some managers might. 

I can see why some managers would avoid them just now for fear they weren’t going to get what they expected and needed from a club that size, but just now, following Solskjaer seems as good a time as any as it would take very little to be seen to be doing a lot.

I could see Pochettino doing a pretty decent job with them and getting a lot more out of that squad that Solskjaer does and enhancing his reputation again pretty quickly. At the moment, looking at them solely as a football squad they are a rudderless mess with no purpose or direction in their play other than to on occasion sit in and hit a side on the break, Poch would get more out of that squad.

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The Man U situation is so weird. At the moment it is all very similar to when McCoist was with us I feel. 

The board are clearly an absolute dugshit mess which makes it difficult for a manager but that still doesn’t excuse coaching the absolute best out of the squad which neither McCoist did or Solsjaker does. 

Them both being ex-players is also not a coincidence, it is something that is intentional to try and split the fan base. You also have the bonus if you are their board of knowing Solskjaer is out of depth so won't batter you in the media in a way some managers might. 

I can see why some managers would avoid them just now for fear they weren’t going to get what they expected and needed from a club that size, but just now, following Solskjaer seems as good a time as any as it would take very little to be seen to be doing a lot.

I could see Pochettino doing a pretty decent job with them and getting a lot more out of that squad that Solskjaer does and enhancing his reputation again pretty quickly. At the moment, looking at them solely as a football squad they are a rudderless mess with no purpose or direction in their play other than to on occasion sit in and hit a side on the break, Poch would get more out of that squad.

Solskjaer is just miles out of his depth as a coach/tactician at the level Man Utd play at. You only have to look at his CV to see what his level is.

They are still short in a few areas but I think Poch would turn them into an infinitely better side than they are now. I think he could get more out of the likes of Maguire, Bailey, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay & Rashford than Ole is managing to, buy that’s because I think he’s just a far better coach.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Man Utd sounding out Pochettino about taking over from Ole.

I know he didn’t win anything with Spurs but he’s the sort of coach that a lot of these younger players they have need to help develop them and bring them on.

Mental that they didn't do it as soon as last season finished.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Solskjaer is just miles out of his depth as a coach/tactician at the level Man Utd play at. You only have to look at his CV to see what his level is.

They are still short in a few areas but I think Poch would turn them into an infinitely better side than they are now. I think he could get more out of the likes of Maguire, Bailey, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay & Rashford than Ole is managing to, buy that’s because I think he’s just a far better coach.

Agree, you could look at the whole squad and see him getting another 5/10% out of them the likes of De Gea, Pogba, Martial would all be more excited to work with Poch than Solskjaer, he would also likely find an internal solution to an issue given his history of doing it. 

Just when you thought the top tier of the English game couldn't get anymore obscene regarding money, this West ham attempted deal takes it to another level.

"West Ham United were so desperate to sign Chelsea's England defender Fikayo Tomori, 22, on loan that they offered to pay the Blues £50,000 every time he did not play for the Hammers - but the deal still collapsed. (Talksport)"

I know we've been saying for years that the bubble is going to burst, that quote is one of the reasons it should, and quickly.

27 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

"West Ham United were so desperate to sign Chelsea's England defender Fikayo Tomori, 22, on loan that they offered to pay the Blues £50,000 every time he did not play for the Hammers - but the deal still collapsed. (Talksport)"

He’d walk into their starting 11 and play every week.:lol:

18 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Someone pointed out that if you asked fans of the PL and Championship whether they'd swap the manager of the team they support for Solskjaer, there'd probably only be about 10 at the most, of the 44, that would say yes.

On 06/10/2020 at 09:59, DBBTB said:

Man Utd sounding out Pochettino about taking over from Ole.

I know he didn’t win anything with Spurs but he’s the sort of coach that a lot of these younger players they have need to help develop them and bring them on.

Surely he'll either end up at Man Utd or Chelsea.

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Something doesn't sit right with making 55 staff redundant, when you've just signed a player for £45m.

Most of the staff were scouts or from that department and since they cant go watch players or travel easily then their job is pretty much redundant any way. Think most only had 1 year left on contract etc. 

15 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Most of the staff were scouts or from that department and since they cant go watch players or travel easily then their job is pretty much redundant any way. Think most only had 1 year left on contract etc. 

Done away with scouts in general iirc, completely changing the way the do transfers