Reply from BT

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Of course Sutton is going to say we :lol: 

He played for them for years, being offended about that is utterly bizarre.

I wasn't offended ffs?

Just pointing out he wasn't impartial.

15 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Would it bother you watching an ex Rangers player referring to us as "we" though?

It didn't "bother" me.

The guy is a total fanny.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I wasn't offended ffs?

Just pointing out he wasn't impartial.

It didn't "bother" me.

The guy is a total fanny.

Owen says 'we'
Rio says 'we'

plenty of ex players tend to say 'we' when their old clubs are playing, it's hardly a new or devastating thing.

They are impartial enough when commentating on the games not involving their old clubs.

I really don't see the issue

10 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I don't like him either but to write to BT ffs, he was on about Forrester and that he should have been sent off, he was right BTW but even if he wasn't who gives a fuck

That's the thing. Our support have become "offended" by everything. From Orange fucking water to newspaper clippings. 

We are slowly becoming a moaning brigade- offended for the sake of being offended. 

Especially on here, more posts relating to that lot and what folks say about us creep in every day. Depressing as fuck tbh. 

I come from a time of no one likes us we don't care. Place is riddled with pussies greetin about fuck all and nothing. Threads that would bore you to fucking tears. 

WATP 

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

If being impartial is a requirement then we'll be writing in to get McCann kicked off Sky too...

Tbf i always think McCann is usually quite fair in his analysis on sky.

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Owen says 'we'
Rio says 'we'

plenty of ex players tend to say 'we' when their old clubs are playing, it's hardly a new or devastating thing.

They are impartial enough when commentating on the games not involving their old clubs.

I really don't see the issue

The issue is that his complete over reaction to the Harry Forrester situation at Dundee has a lot of people in Scottish football discussing Harry and whether he is a dirty player or not.

This brings it to referees attention and it only takes one to try to make an example of Harry and it costs us in a game of he is sent off.

He was hardly impartial in that game, if he was then why not make a deal out of the o'dea situation?

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Tbf i always think McCann is usually quite fair in his analysis on sky.

The issue is that his complete over reaction to the Harry Forrester situation at Dundee has a lot of people in Scottish football discussing Harry and whether he is a dirty player or not.

This brings it to referees attention and it only takes one to try to make an example of Harry and it costs us in a game of he is sent off.

He was hardly impartial in that game, if he was then why not make a deal out of the o'dea situation?

What brings it to the attention of the referee? Chris Sutton going on about it? :lol:

Who was discussing if Harry is a dirty player? He mistimed a couple of tackles and should have been sent off...that's it.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Me too.

CgQC1L6WEAAo6sp.jpg

Smiling at the camera, should be mandatory.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

What brings it to the attention of the referee? Chris Sutton going on about it? :lol:

Who was discussing if Harry is a dirty player? He mistimed a couple of tackles and should have been sent off...that's it.

The bbc *i know* shared on facebook *i know* asking if Harry was a dirty player and if he should have been red carded.

They invited opinion, discussion.

Mainstream media running with the story about Harry without a mention of o'dea (that i noticed).

Without a mention of the free kick we were denied when young Jordan was fouled on the stroke of half time.

Usual comments saying we get all the refs decisions.

Of course referees etc read social media and newspapers.

Harry probably should have walked, the gaffer should have subbed him earlier, but the song and dance made was pathetic.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Smiling at the camera, should be mandatory.

The bbc *i know* shared on facebook *i know* asking if Harry was a dirty player and if he should have been red carded.

They invited opinion, discussion.

Mainstream media running with the story about Harry without a mention of o'dea (that i noticed).

Without a mention of the free kick we were denied when young Jordan was fouled on the stroke of half time.

Usual comments saying we get all the refs decisions.

Of course referees etc read social media and newspapers.

Harry probably should have walked, the gaffer should have subbed him earlier, but the song and dance made was pathetic.

Tims say we get all the decisions.

We say they get all the decisions.

It's always been like that.

I don't see a huge song and dance about it, it's not even being discussed outwith here anymore. It was hardly back page stuff...a wee BBC FB thingy isn't bringing it to everyone's attention.

If that's worthy of a strongly worded letter to BT then everyone better get Microsoft word open.....

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Very good reply from the guy at BT.

Have I missed something though? Whats the deal with Sutton? He was goign OTT on the Forrester bashing in the last game, but to be honest, he is allowed his opinion.

A couple of weeks ago, think it was in the Motherwell game, much to my surpise, Sutton was actually arguing quite venomously on our behalf. Came across as trying way to much to appear non biased to be honest.

Sutton is one of those guys who gets under your skin, a mild version of Lennon if you like. Its not great to have him commentating on our matches, but to be honest it is up to BT to decide.

I dont really think dislike for the guy means we should be campaining to have him removed. Plus, it will be great if we win the league and he has a hissy fit live on air.

I may have missed something though, so please let me know if this is the case.

Yes so are we going to have Rangers orientated guys doing all the beggars games then ? 

Think we all know the answer to that one 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mccall usually references us as we.

We also had bt employing him and Boyd for our games or even having miller on if he was injured 

Not sure if McCall or Boyd have commentated on the bheggars game though (i don't usually watch them)

I don't see a huge song and dance about it, it's not even being discussed outwith here anymore. It was hardly back page stuff...a wee BBC FB thingy isn't bringing it to everyone's attention.

If that's worthy of a strongly worded letter to BT then everyone better get Microsoft word open.....

GF have you morphed from Al to Marlon .

May take time getting used to :D

We will see as the season pans out then mate.

I'd put a wedge on Harry being targetted now by refs.

I wouldn't go as far as writing an email to BT to be fucked off anyway.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I will feed it back appropriately but I must advise it may not be changed. You being Scottish and me being Irish, we both know how much biased commentary we have to go through when any England team are playing. Similarly it really gets to me when I had to watch a certain Thierry Henry do the punditry for the Ireland matches during the summer

Fuck off Daniel ya republican shite bag. Plenty of people in Scotland were hoping the sporting wing of the ira got a fuckin thumping every time they stepped on a park and actually wanted England to win every match they played. Fuck you,sutton and the irish republic :uk: 

59 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yes so are we going to have Rangers orientated guys doing all the beggars games then ? 

Think we all know the answer to that one 

If BT had hired a Rangers orientated guy into the position Sutton has then yes we would.

I dont buy into this 'everything should be equal' pish.

It sounds like when Celtic fans were moaning that we had whatshisname as the SFA chairman or whatever.

BT hired Sutton because they thought he would be a good commentator. I think he is a bit of a bellend, but one who is actually a decent commentator. Do I think they should go out and hire Sebo to even up the score? No, not really.

good response from daniel at bt. 

i get why some people will want to see him removed (sutton) but personally i wouldn't do anything like that. if you don't like what sky/bt are selling then don't buy it. i was watching the game and on this forum at the same time and a lot of people were saying sutton was talking shite but i have no idea what he said cause i wasn't watching the match with him commentating. £6 on rangers tv is all it takes. money goes to the club and no these mega corporations.