Reply from BT

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Good Afternoon Redwhiteandblue,

Thank you for your email in regards to Chris Sutton. I am replying in writing as requested.

I do apologise if you feel Chris' commentary was rather biased, I know this can be rather frustrating when watching the games.

As an avid football fan myself, I do know how you feel when you have a direct rivals player commentating on your game and trust me as an Irishman myself, I do understand in great depth, the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic. While it may come across as frustrating to a diehard fan such as yourself the whole point of a colour commentator is to be opinionated. I do not know the exact incident you are referring to from ten years ago, no doubt it was something from an Old Firm Derby. If I was you, I would take great enjoyment in knowing that after all these years Rangers still get under Chris Sutton's skin.

I will feed it back appropriately but I must advise it may not be changed. You being Scottish and me being Irish, we both know how much biased commentary we have to go through when any England team are playing. Similarly it really gets to me when I had to watch a certain Thierry Henry do the punditry for the Ireland matches during the summer. I do really appreciate the annoyance but as football fans, banter and opposite opinions are something we will always have to deal with.

On a side note, it’s nice to see the 'Gers back in the top division, Celtic have been getting far too easy a time up there so it'll be nice if somebody can finally knock them off their perch.

Regards
Daniel Rouse
Digital Care

More people need to fire off a quick E-Mail about this cretin. Just maybe we can get rid of him. Mind and say you will cancel your subscription if he isn't.

Actually quite impressed by that reply.

The bloke from BT comes across as a genuine guy who isn't thin skinned and obsessed with a has-been footballer.

Any chance he can take over your account on here? 

8 hours ago, Deanofwright said:

We all know Sutton is a bawbag but I'm scratching my brains to think of something he's actually done wrong on this occasion. I'm my opinion he's been quite fair on all of our games. He did go a bit over the top complaining about forrester not getting sent off but he probably deserved an early bath.

Well said.  Sutton is obviously Tim minded but actually he's a pretty reasonable pundit.  Like you said he went over the top with the Forrester thing (although he was right in what he said) but I'd prefer him to a sycophant.  It warms my cockles to hear him say that we are good to watch. 

Fuck sake. Ive seen it all now.

Honestly thought we were a bit better than this as a support than getting upset about what Mutton has to say. Why let it effect you so much?

He is a dick aye but he is entitled to his opinion if you get upset about it either watch the game on mute or actually go to the game.

Michael stewart is probably my favourite pundit the now btw. He isnt shy saying what he thinks and had a real go about Mccoists lack of coaching and management style.

22 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Football fans in general are becoming overtly offended by everything these days. Sad times.

Couldn't agree more. 

Threads like these and the constant feed of daily record articles that get flung on here get right on my tits. 

I don't buy any papers. Never have done for years and years. Newspaper articles should have their own forum set up and not permitted in bears den. 

Commentators and pundits have been annoying fans for years, that's their job. Gets people talking and arguing. Its all part of the game. Anyone remember "Archie sleeps with Charlie" from years ago? and he was a Rangers man.. That was the right attitude , none of this writing complaint letters.

People like Sutton are much more than pundits / mere commentators. 

The media influences so much public opinion and they can control what they want us to see or hear, dependant on their agenda.

With the likes of Sutton or Hartson for example their agenda is to talk up IRAceltic and talk down Rangers ( in simple terms ). The opinions they give and the words they use and even the tone they say it in very often portrays a far from impartial view.

These things in time contribute to raising the profile of certain IRAceltic players and inflating their potential transfer value etc. So basically they know they are in a position that can assist their former club. I have absolutely no doubt that this is manufactured right from the very heart of IRAceltics board room. It's no coincidence that so many of their former players rock up on some sort of media platform?

Their hate for Rangers knows no bounds. Sutton etc know exactly what they are doing, that's why he's so hard to stomach.

Sutton gets ripped apart on the show, he tries talking over the others and gets slapped back into his place like the wee bitch that he is. I can genuinely see him walking off a show if his band of paedos take a tanking and hes in the studio for the game. 

Fuck trying to get him thrown off when he'll implode on himself in due course, far more entertaining. 

11 hours ago, Deanofwright said:

We all know Sutton is a bawbag but I'm scratching my brains to think of something he's actually done wrong on this occasion. I'm my opinion he's been quite fair on all of our games. He did go a bit over the top complaining about forrester not getting sent off but he probably deserved an early bath.

Stop scratching your brains.

Read your post and you have answered your own question mate.

1 hour ago, 7troop said:

People like Sutton are much more than pundits / mere commentators. 

The media influences so much public opinion and they can control what they want us to see or hear, dependant on their agenda.

With the likes of Sutton or Hartson for example their agenda is to talk up IRAceltic and talk down Rangers ( in simple terms ). The opinions they give and the words they use and even the tone they say it in very often portrays a far from impartial view.

These things in time contribute to raising the profile of certain IRAceltic players and inflating their potential transfer value etc. So basically they know they are in a position that can assist their former club. I have absolutely no doubt that this is manufactured right from the very heart of IRAceltics board room. It's no coincidence that so many of their former players rock up on some sort of media platform?

Their hate for Rangers knows no bounds. Sutton etc know exactly what they are doing, that's why he's so hard to stomach.

Paranoid pish.

3 hours ago, Briton said:

Well said.  Sutton is obviously Tim minded but actually he's a pretty reasonable pundit.  Like you said he went over the top with the Forrester thing (although he was right in what he said) but I'd prefer him to a sycophant.  It warms my cockles to hear him say that we are good to watch. 

But he goes over the top with all those incidents, in my opinion. When I said I rate him, it's because he isn't "on message" in that he doesn't appear to read from a script with his opinion; and as you say he isn't a sycophant. I don't have a problem with him at all.

Fucking cringey that you'd even complain tbh. What's the actual solution to this problem, having Rangers-friendly commentators and pundits? But what happens when they say something we don't like? Abuse, complain and cry until we fall asleep? 

What makes it even worse is that other Rangers fans have actually done the same. Pathetic! 

3 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

He is a dick aye but he is entitled to his opinion if you get upset about it either watch the game on mute or actually go to the game.

Michael stewart is probably my favourite pundit the now btw. He isnt shy saying what he thinks and had a real go about Mccoists lack of coaching and management style.

I liked Stewart too, but even he is starting to get on my tits as a "know it all".  My current favorite pundit is Derek Ferguson on BBC Shortbread as he doesn't try to come over as a  smart arse, makes fair and honest comments and opinions, and seems to have a genuine interest in the good of the game, particularly at grass roots levels.

I'm sure you could all find fault with every pundit if you hung on every word or comment they said.

15 minutes ago, Capital Blu said:

I liked Stewart too, but even he is starting to get on my tits as a "know it all".  My current favorite pundit is Derek Ferguson on BBC Shortbread as he doesn't try to come over as a  smart arse, makes fair and honest comments and opinions, and seems to have a genuine interest in the good of the game, particularly at grass roots levels.

I'm sure you could all find fault with every pundit if you hung on every word or comment they said.

Derek visited my boys school recently promoting grass roots football and equality (kick racism out etc).

Took time out his visit to discuss Rangers with my boy and made his day.

Top bloke for that.?

Sutton is a prick but as a commentator this season he has been fair and balanced. He has praised Niko and Joey and how we play. He has also argued for us against people like Stewart and has called the decisions how he saw them. I really can't complain at how he has commented on our games. Of course he is a Tim and will always side with that mob but he hasn't been biased against us. 

Some people need to grow a pair and stop getting offended. It wasn't like that when Andy Gray used to commentate on our games for sky v them and speak openly about us.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Derek visited my boys school recently promoting grass roots football and equality (kick racism out etc).

Took time out his visit to discuss Rangers with my boy and made his day.

Top bloke for that.?

He's pissed me off at times, but fair play to him for that.

40 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

After reading some of the replies on here think we can start calling him Chris he's such a nice guy ! :sherlock:

We all know he's a cunt mate, just can't get my head around going to all the effort the op has because he doesn't like what the wanker has to say. Hope to fuck the op doesn't have kids;

The wean "daddy can we go out and play some football"

Op "naw wee man get to yir fucking kip l'm busy writing a letter to BT about that cunt Sutton"

The wean " ok dad can we maybe have a kick about tomorrow?"

Op" naw lm reading the record and listening to Radio Clyde to see what else l can complain about"

The wean" ok dad l'll just go play football with the guy that's now pumping mum as you're too busy being a rocket"

5 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

We all know he's a cunt mate, just can't get my head around going to all the effort the op has because he doesn't like what the wanker has to say. Hope to fuck the op doesn't have kids;

The wean "daddy can we go out and play some football"

Op "naw wee man get to yir fucking kip l'm busy writing a letter to BT about that cunt Sutton"

The wean " ok dad can we maybe have a kick about tomorrow?"

Op" naw lm reading the record and listening to Radio Clyde to see what else l can complain about"

The wean" ok dad l'll just go play football with the guy that's now pumping mum as you're too busy being a rocket"

"Daddy I stood on dog poo playing football in the park can you write wan ov them letters tae the cooncil 

dad " now we're talking son ma pleasure wee man".