We need to sort this.

K.A.I

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I think Warburton has proven himself to be an exceptional man manager and very good process manager. He is a talented organiser and a good strategist. All very important attributes in business management. I am still yet to be convinced he is a fantastic football manager. 

He has a lot still to learn and I am sure he will get there but he better start learning fast because the honeymoon is definitely over 

He should be questioned and scrutinised like anyone else but we're still light years ahead of the situation we were in when Warburton arrived

Losing the cup final and the unconvincing start to this league season shows there's plenty of work to be done if we're to get to where we have to be but as it stands there's no reason for us to not trust Warburton or to think that we could get anyone else who could do better 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost all hope that the defense will be sorted out. Watching none of our players(think we had a 5v2 man advantage) react to a basic forward run just after they scored is just sheer laziness, three of them just fucking watched him go. Second time in a few weeks that fucking midget McDonald has bullied our defence in the air. Add to that the bizarre team selection of starting with no creativity in the midfield three of a 4-3-3 and Miller through the middle is mind boggling.

Just now, simplythebest said:

He should be questioned and scrutinised like anyone else but we're still light years ahead of the situation we were in when Warburton arrived

Losing the cup final and the unconvincing start to this league season shows there's plenty of work to be done if we're to get to where we have to be but as it stands there's no reason for us to not trust Warburton or to think that we could get anyone else who could do better 

Agreed, but see to be honest, my definition of "the honeymoon is over" is that we need to stop comparing where we are today with where we were under McCoist. There is enough water under the bridge and enough players through the revolving door that this is very much Warburton's squad now and despite lots of other peoples misgivings I am pretty happy with the players we have signed. The squad of players we have now is very good. we have found some gems and they are mostly of a better standard of every other squad in Scotland other than the scum.

The troubles we are seeing right now are not personnel problems they are managerial problems, IMO

Just now, Bakbear said:

Agreed, but see to be honest, my definition of "the honeymoon is over" is that we need to stop comparing where we are today with where we were under McCoist. There is enough water under the bridge and enough players through the revolving door that this is very much Warburton's squad now and despite lots of other peoples misgivings I am pretty happy with the players we have signed. The squad of players we have now is very good. we have found some gems and they are mostly of a better standard of every other squad in Scotland other than the scum.

The troubles we are seeing right now are not personnel problems they are managerial problems, IMO

Agree with all of this, but particularly the last sentence. Warburton has done some good things no doubt, but I'm still to be convinced that 18 months at Brentford is a sufficient apprenticeship for the pressure and expectations at a club the size of Rangers.

7 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Just thought he'd struggled big time in the last couple of games otherwise I'd have picked him over Barton as well mate. 

He has struggled, but Barton is struggling too and offers nothing going forward. No need for Barton when Rossiter is in the the team. Rossiter does the Barton job better and would prefer Forrester as an attacking mid. Todays set up was a bit shite tbh.

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If the 3/4 usual guys could reply nice and early with their wee speeches regarding alleged "over-reactions/we won, what more you want?" etc then that would be fantastic.

A few things for me :

Like Dundee last week I am delighted with the 3 points but that wasn't pretty. We need to keep learning lessons even when we win, like today and last week.

Of course 2 wins is 2 wins and you don't get any more points for playing well. Yup, Totally understood, that's not lost on me. I promise.

These 3 inter-changable forwards for me need to be addressed. I appreciate it's Warburton's ethos so not changed, but altered.

We have Dodoo who can't trap a bag of sand if we are honest but got a couple of positive comments from me in other games because he was a presence in the box but when he's out on the wings trying to work magic and the odd time he got a ball inside (and it actually got past a Motherwell defender) there was no-one there as usual.

I don't even think Garner will make much difference in that regard. He might be a good player but I don't think this system works in games against the better teams in Scotland.

We made the changes a bit quicker this week. Was it 60 minutes instead of 70 this week? the changes should have been made at half-time and gave us maximum time to get the 2 goals we needed and been able to breathe a bit easier.

Barton has done absolutely nothing of note so far - all he does is run is mouth off. Some of it is quite funny and I enjoy it, but it renders a lot of what he says when he doesn't back anything up on the pitch. Nico slightly better in regards to him making a couple of good probing balls when he came on. It was something a bit different and actually asked a couple of questions of the Motherwell defence.

First half was really flat and predictable. We all seen the team selection at the start and knew our midfield would be devoid of ideas and pace/urgency,

I won't finish the OP without mentioning some of the positives.

Miller again - for all his legs are done, he's popped up with another really important goal. Which he is capable of, but he is only capable if he's in positions like and the position he took up in the box against Dundee last week. He's still an asset to us doing that, but not in the inter-changable 3 man forward line Warburton likes. It harps back to me first point about tweaking it somehow.

Character - IMO we didn't really start playing until the last half an hour with it all to do, but we still managed it. We kept going right until the end which is something I've praised Celtic for the last 20-odd years. You've got to be proud of the way we went about that.

Rossiter - Again, I think he was the best player we had on the park. I'd be looking to build a team around him instead of Halliday (which Warburton seems to do)

A mixture of good and bad. Warburton is a fantastic manager and I like his style but he really does need to learn to change things and develop a decent plan B at times. I'm not letting the wins against Dundee and Motherwell today hide the fact. It's a dangerous road to go down. Provided you are honest and constructive there's no reason you can't improve (even when you win)

One more small favour, if anyone wants to come on, quote me and just say bollocks/bull shit/rubbish please tell me what parts and debate it instead of the super fan attitude as these aren't fickle/knee-jerk reactions. Take a look in the match day thread and see the frustration in real time. Every comment is totally justified and a last minute winner doesn't change the issues we need to iron out.

All that from a dodgy stream ? 

There are problems there that's for sure

McKay has barely kicked a ball at all, that midfield 3..what the fuck?

Miller should be on at the end of the match, maybe half hour to go

We need a convincing win against Kilmarnock and a completely different set up from that one that started today, those 3 don't work

I didn't see the game so I'm going on the games I have seen so far and the match thread

My worry with Garner is watching his videos he loves a cross ball so hopefully we can put a lot more in, the defence? I'm not even getting started on that, I didn't think they would be this bad but after the cup final I knew something wasn't right

Needs fixed and needs fixed now, scraping games every week is not what you do if you want to win the league, we can only afford so much of those until it really hurts us when we don't get so fortunate with injury winners

The scums defence is shite, they are there for the taking if we can just get a commanding centre back who actually knows how to organise a defence and lead from the back, and our forward players start turning it on

Windass might be our get out of jail in terms of attacking power and drive

The defence still remains the biggest problem for me,1st attempt on goal the opposition score yet again.

Said it before and the OP has repeated the same that Rossiter and Barton should never be in the starting eleven,one or the other.

Also,what the fuck does O'Halloran have to do to get a starting place? He came on today and changed the flow of the game with him actually running at their defence instead of fannying about the edge of box passing the ball about.

We do have pace available in the side and we don't seem to take advantage of it,so fucking frustrating at times.

18 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I think any randomner from the crowd could have probably improved what McCoist served up so I don't mean that should be a standard to compare to, but I think the style of football and the new transfer policy brought in by Warburton saw us ahead of schedule in many ways last season and that's where the admiration came from. Nothing has changed to make me think that Warburton still isn't trying to actually build something and for too many years we just never had that. 

I agree it's managerial problems mainly in the sense that managers have to take credit for good and bad you can't pick and choose, Warburton has to work out why displays have been unconvincing going back to after the Scottish Cup semi and has to solve it. Like you say our squad is clearly ahead of every other team in Scotland apart from theirs so a good showing most weeks shouldn't be asking too much. 

But it's a typical thing in football that fans can turn quickly (not talking about your post there) especially on managers and I think we need to avoid that, Warburton is still the type of guy in charge we need right now and we aren't in a position to go out and get better. He's not untouchable but things would have to get much worse for us to have to consider a change anytime soon in my opinion. 

As much as I want Halliday to succeed here, he needs to be dropped until MW works out how best to use him. If he's not good enough then fair enough, but the manager is obviously seeing something from him that puts him in that starting 11 every week, and it's just not working in the match.

51 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

If MW drops Halliday against Killie I'll be a happy man. He was rotten today and we looked far better with Nico being on in his place.

Don't have a problem with Halliday, let him win his place back.

McKay could do with being dropped too. Hopefully when Windass is fit he'll push him for the place.

Rossiter and Tav had pretty good games today.

Glad we got the three points but could do without the last minute heroics.

If those two dopes at the back and I mean BOTH of them, are not replaced, we will win no honours this season.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I think any randomner from the crowd could have probably improved what McCoist served up so I don't mean that should be a standard to compare to, but I think the style of football and the new transfer policy brought in by Warburton saw us ahead of schedule in many ways last season and that's where the admiration came from. Nothing has changed to make me think that Warburton still isn't trying to actually build something and for too many years we just never had that. 

I agree it's managerial problems mainly in the sense that managers have to take credit for good and bad you can't pick and choose, Warburton has to work out why displays have been unconvincing going back to after the Scottish Cup semi and has to solve it. Like you say our squad is clearly ahead of every other team in Scotland apart from theirs so a good showing most weeks shouldn't be asking too much. 

But it's a typical thing in football that fans can turn quickly (not talking about your post there) especially on managers and I think we need to avoid that, Warburton is still the type of guy in charge we need right now and we aren't in a position to go out and get better. He's not untouchable but things would have to get much worse for us to have to consider a change anytime soon in my opinion. 

Aye.... agreed again and got you now....

My comments started off with the OP saying he is a fantastic manager.... I just think he is not yet a fantastic football manager.... however I think if he learns as he should, then he can be.... For where we were and for where we are he is exactly the right guy for us, neither he, nor we, are the finished article. My point stands that his learning better pick up some pace because with the personnel at his disposal we should be much more comfortable than we were today.

His selections are questionable, his substitutions are questionable, and some of the way in which he deploys players is questionable and i think he needs to learn quickly as the OF game is approaching fast and we are nowhere near where we need to be for that game

I agree with a lot of what the OP says but totally disagree with Barton. 2nd half Hamilton and 2nd half today I thought he was excellent. It's not enough I understand that but that goes for he whole team. That's 3 games we've only performed for 45 mins which isn't good enough. On top of that, Hill needs to play until we bring in another CH. And MOH needs to start especially when we are at home and teams are tougher to bread down.

16 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Agree with all of this, but particularly the last sentence. Warburton has done some good things no doubt, but I'm still to be convinced that 18 months at Brentford is a sufficient apprenticeship for the pressure and expectations at a club the size of Rangers.

To be honest I disagree with that. I think experience, at times, is overrated. There are so many young, hungry managers with great ideas, visions and philosophies that IMO piss all over experience managers.

Warburton is not perfect, of course he isn't and we should all be allowed to constructively critique his performance. There is no problem with that. He's made mistakes and has so much to learn, and I believe he will. However in terms of dealing with the pressure and expectations of our huge club, I genuinely don't think many managers worldwide could have handled it as seamlessly as him. The way he conducts himself, the way he has dealt with the media scrutiny and pressure, and the way he embraces our history and standing in the game, I think he is more than capable of dealing with the huge expectations of being our manager. He was the calmest man around in the lead up to last years semi and also afterwards. He is fully aware of the pressure and expectation, but rather than worry about it he has an ability to embrace it and use it positively.

We've been booed and criticised whilst winning so Warburton is in no doubt of what is expected from him, the staff and the players. Of course if he were to have dropped more points today, or if we do it again soon he will feel more pressure coming his way, but I think he can deal with it .

2 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I agree with a lot of what the OP says but totally disagree with Barton. 2nd half Hamilton and 2nd half today I thought he was excellent. It's not enough I understand that but that goes for he whole team. That's 3 games we've only performed for 45 mins which isn't good enough. On top of that, Hill needs to play until we bring in another CH. And MOH needs to start especially when we are at home and teams are tougher to bread down.

They passed around him easily today and at times he looked like his legs had gone. Couple of good tackles but nowhere near the level we need.

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Folk going on about the defenders for? They looked good they day, the only threat they posed was when Wes was daydreamin'

They had 2 shots off target and 1 on target. and the only goal they got was offside by a yard. 

That's not much of a defence for them to be honest. The one time Motherwell had the chance to score and they did because they were all asleep and he had a tap-in. That's the very basics, which they failed at AGAIN.

and AGAIN it cost us a goal.