Andy Murdoch freed

pcbear

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Smile said:

We thought we had got a manager in who worked and helped our youth move forward doesn't seem to be the case now.

I think we do. We also have a support who demand results with little time for subpar. We Can't have both...  And yes I realise how bad we have been of late :lol:

37 minutes ago, Cumbria_blue said:

On our own youth anyway. Warburton was happy to give Spurs' and Arsenal's youth a chance last season!

I didn't quite get that to be honest fair enough if they had been quality players but none of them were.

Thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best in his future career . What I think we are finding is how badly run the youth department was under Sinclair . Regarding Welsh , Hardie and Thompson we will see how they do at St Mirren and Raith if they standout there they will get their chance if the don't they are not of a suitable standard for us .

3 hours ago, Smile said:

We thought we had got a manager in who worked and helped our youth move forward doesn't seem to be the case now.

He's brought through McKay and helped turn him into an international quality player. Murdoch's been training with the First team since Warburton arrived and Warburton will have seen plenty of him and has deemed him not good enough.

It's how many come through the current crop at the academy who are a product of Warburton/Hollands new regime that we should judge the gaffer on.

13 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best in his future career . What I think we are finding is how badly run the youth department was under Sinclair . Regarding Welsh , Hardie and Thompson we will see how they do at St Mirren and Raith if they standout there they will get their chance if the don't they are not of a suitable standard for us .

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, hammer time said:

cannot see the point of holding onto both him and Robbie Crawford until just recently, if there was no chance of them getting anywhere near the first team why not let them go earlier on rather than holding on to them, anyway best of luck to both

Trying to help them find a club and letting them go through a pre-season so they have every chance of hitting the ground running at a new team. 

Thought he was an up and coming young player. As others have said was one of our best players during the McCall era.

I though given the chance in our first team squad could have developed into a more than handy midfielder.

But heigh ho there you go. Best of luck to you lad I hope you find a good club in the English championship and make lots of money.

Struggling to get a game with QoS wasn't he?

I think MW will probably play young players if they show they can be good enough. Probably hasn't seen many of those so far, and it's telling that we've recently brought in 4 under 18 players from other clubs. 

Andy Murdoch was never that good. 

13 hours ago, borderbear said:

He's brought through McKay and helped turn him into an international quality player. Murdoch's been training with the First team since Warburton arrived and Warburton will have seen plenty of him and has deemed him not good enough.

It's how many come through the current crop at the academy who are a product of Warburton/Hollands new regime that we should judge the gaffer on.

No he never McKay played under Ally he just lost his way and then did great at Raith Rovers. He's done nothing for youth so far.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

No he never McKay played under Ally he just lost his way and then did great at Raith Rovers. He's done nothing for youth so far.

What so you're saying Warburton has had no influence on the development of McKay? 

I'd say Warburton spotted the one piece of talent in the academy and made him a first team player. The only other major talent in that group was McLeod who he signed for Brentford. Warburton kept on plenty others like Murdoch, Crawford, Gasparotto and after a season has judged them not good enough. It's up to the likes of Hardie and Walsh to earn their place by preforming out on loan. The Rangers first team is no place to blood a youngster. McKay had talent and was ready so he picked him. The next one that's ready will get a shot like he did.