Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Senderos!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

plug the gaps in our squad now with loans and things will be positive again why the fuck wasnt this done weeks ago though.

News flash King you prick not every transfer has to be a saga.

They extended Kiernans contract so I guess they thought we were sound in defence. A couple of games later they realised what a lot of us have been think for the last year.

3 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

giving that useless prick a new deal should have seen whoever asked for it to happen his books awful decision. After the cup final Kiernan should have been shown the door with Mr Warburton booting him through it.

Post Souness we have had managers faithful to their signings , regardless.

Welcome big man.

Not my first choice, but I'll give him a chance. I know he can't be much worse than they other 3 clowns we've got for center halfs - if he can do some basics like head at set-pieces and mark up we've done well.

Snap thumb mans legs at Piggery, please.

I don't suppose many of us are over excited by this but you never know he could end up doing very well for us. I suspect it will be him and Wilson on the 10th so fingers crossed they get their positioning right most of the time.

Whatever happened to this guy? Did he get a bad injury or something? I remember watching him play for arsenal and he played for top clubs such as Valencia and  AC Milan. Suddenly he is playing for grasshoppers and then a free agent being linked to second tier spanish clubs etc. Is he still the same player he was?

Just now, gkb10127 said:

Whatever happened to this guy? Did he get a bad injury or something? I remember watching him play for arsenal and he played for top clubs such as Valencia and  AC Milan. Suddenly he is playing for grasshoppers and then a free agent being linked to second tier spanish clubs etc. Is he still the same player he was?

Read your post again, Think you just answered your own question.

A welcome to Mr Senderos.   I hope this works for Rangers and for the player.   MW kept insisting that Senderos has an impressive CV.   He clearly puts a lot of store in this signing as the long 'come train with us' courtship seems to me to indicate.  

Well he's signed, the squad is complete for this season (barring any last minute transfers out or any incoming loan players but no indications of activity on either front as far as I can see).   Next question is how quickly and effectively can they gel and turn lacklustre (frankly, poor) performances and results into sustained winning runs.  More to the point, can MW and DW now get this squad to elevate their performance levels to the point where they can win 55 this season.   It's all over to MW now to get the squad sorted out and to get the best possible team on the pitch for each game.   Its a big season for MW too - his biggest by a mile.

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Read your post again, Think you just answered your own question.

Well yeah its evident he is not the same player he was but does anyone know the reason for his decline? Its not like he is old he is only 31 i think

He seems to have lost his way, going by what I've read his hunger for performance has been lost with injures etc hence his numerous moves and not playing, hopefully he has showed enough in training and regained some of that hunger, I don't think he will be as bad as folk think, if players are happy in their environment they tend to be more relaxed and turn in better performances.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Past caring tbh, went on too long and doubt he's what we need.

But hey ho, Warburton will be right until he's proven very wrong, and I find that quite sad.

Why don't you think he's what we need?

Certainly question marks over number of games he's played but he's played at a far higher level than any of our existing centre backs and is not old.