Dodoo out for up to 5 weeks

LeeWallaceRFC

RANGERS striker Joe Dodoo has been ruled out of action for up to five weeks after being crocked against Kilmarnock.

The former Leicester City kid was stretchered off at Rugby Park last month as Mark Warburton’s side were held to a 1-1 draw in the Premiership.

Rangers warmed up for their Old Firm clash this weekend with a 7-0 win over Linfield on Saturday as Josh Windass and Martyn Waghorn returned to action.

Dodoo did not feature in Belfast but boss Warburton is keen to get him back on the park as quickly as possible.

He told RangersTV: “Josh got a good hour and looked very strong, fit and got forward. Likewise, Waggy came on and played high before dropping in to a midfield role for us and that allowed us to look at different people in different positions.

“It’s great to welcome them back, and touch-wood we will have a full squad to choose from, the only exception being Joe Dodoo, who unfortunately suffered in the Kilmarnock game, and he is facing four or five weeks on the sidelines.

“He is a quick healer by the looks of things though, and fingers-crossed he will come back sooner than expected. All in all, it was a really pleasing weekend for us.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14724419.Rangers_striker_Joe_Dodoo_ruled_out_of_action_for_up_to_five_weeks/?

Don't think it's been posted yet.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fucking Rugby park man, twice we've gone there and twice we've came away with a forward injured. 

and both times were to do with players landing hard on the plastic pitch. How much more proof do they need that plastic pitches aren't good enough at this level.

15 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

That pitch is a fucking discrace surley it's no co incidence that we have have 2 long term casualties in 2 games there. 

These surfaces are terrible I think. Shame for him when he's new to the club and trying to make an impression. Hope to see him back challenging the forwards again soon. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

and both times were to do with players landing hard on the plastic pitch. How much more proof do they need that plastic pitches aren't good enough at this level.

Probably needs one of them to get an injury there then all hell will break loose

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Probably needs one of them to get an injury there then all hell will break loose

You're right mate the SFA don't care about protecting our players but if it's a tarrier they'll do everything they can.

3 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Could be, could be a coincidence. One argument against it being the pitch- I live near the rugby team Saracens stadium in N London. They play rugby on a 4G pitch and according to a mate who works there the Saracens staff say all the research says there are no more injuries and it has been proven so far throughout the 2 years they've played on it. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, borderbear said:

Could be, could be a coincidence. One argument against it being the pitch- I live near the rugby team Saracens stadium in N London. They play rugby on a 4G pitch and according to a mate who works there the Saracens staff say all the research says there are no more injuries and it has been proven so far throughout the 2 years they've played on it. 

Yea that Killie pitch is used for rugby it's mad how we keep getting players injured on it while they don't with a more aggressive sport. maybe because rugby players are more bulky and usually stronger than your average footballer. It's a weird one and something I struggle to get my head around tbh.

Guest Lloyd72
31 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Wish him a speedy recovery but in all honesty he won't be missed.

I disagree, we could have done with someone like him with pace to bring on against the tarriers and just have him run at them imo.

2 minutes ago, borderbear said:

Bit of a difference between a rugby player's build and sturdiness when compared to a footballer's build.

I mean look at this Rugby player and compare it with Joe Dodoo

There is a difference in training as well, Football players don't really train against getting bad tackles done on them or hitting the ground hard. They only practice stamina, ball movements and team coordination. Rugby players do a lot of strength building exercises to build their endurance. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Bit of a difference between a rugby player's build and sturdiness when compared to a footballer's build.

I mean look at this Rugby player and compare it with Joe Dodoo

There is a difference in training as well, Football players don't really train against getting bad tackles done on them or hitting the ground hard. They only practice stamina, ball movements and team coordination. Rugby players do a lot of strength building exercises to build their endurance. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Yea that Killie pitch is used for rugby it's mad how we keep getting players injured on it while they don't with a more aggressive sport. maybe because rugby players are more bulky and usually stronger than your average footballer. It's a weird one and something I struggle to get my head around tbh.

and in football you're almost always leading with the leg on impact. The human body is much better designed to take an impact anywhere on the upper body compared to the knee or ankle. 

No place for them in the top league.