Who honestly enjoys games Vs Celtic?

Junior Soprano

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it means so much to you, it's a horrible feeling. The term "butterflies" doesn't cut it; it's an extreme anxiety at the pit of your stomach It's replaced by one of two things by full-time though - pure euphoria or utter devastation.

I'm a staunch athiest and realist (IMO, of course), but even I find myself clasping my hands over my lips in a prayer-like position (I must look very nervous) and even folding my arms or putting my hands in my pocket if I think it'll help us. It's strange, but I did the exact same routine during the semi-final penalties; folded arms until the run-up, then hands in pockets. It worked, to be fair.

The thought of winning this game is an unbelievable prospect. That is all that even begins to combat these "butterflies".

12 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Aye, totally agree.  It'd be alright if it was just the anxiety of the build up - i got that building up to the December game against Hibs last season for example. But in these games there's honestly no relief until the games over- even when your winning, half time at Hampden was probably the worst 15 minutes of my life following football. That game overall was one of the biggest emotional  rollercoasters i've experienced in my life as sad as it sounds :lol:

I was drinking pints of water in the stand that day I was a wreck haha totally agree with you I couldn't stop shaking all the way through would have gave an arm to beat them

10 hours ago, Bris Koyd said:

I just wish we never had to play in the same league as them again. Last season was my favourite season ever. We were playing brilliant football and weren't subjected to all the "Up the Ra" nonsense. I loathe Hibs, but for the most part they hate the tims' sectarian bigotry as much as us. If they disappeared off the face of the earth, the minority of our support who are sectarian bigots would disappear. Our crowds might well decline, but it would be worth it to not have to put up with them. The booing of minute's silences, the GB, it would all be gone. As much as I love getting it up them, I would much prefer we didn't have to play them and listen to their fans' bigotry. 

Fuck up Alan

The absolute worst part is the five minutes after we score. You just pray we can keep the ball and settle ourselves down and keep the momentum because if they score within those 5-10 mins the momentum swings again. 

Prime example is when Sutton scored in 19 seconds. We fucking battered them the rest of the game because we'd scored 8 minutes later. Think we scored 3 in the first half. 

Momentum is key

Sometimes I wish there wasn't a football. Fucking petrified when we have it then lose it, even a throw in haha

Of course I enjoy it, it's some of the best days of the year for me!

Got a tingly feeling in my belly the week leading up to it, and I buy into the media hype and let myself get worked up.

The day of the game itself is different class. Up early, tunes on and crack open the beers. 

Watching the players come out the tunnel just brings out pure pride and hatred. That first 50 50 is like a release!

Nothing better than when we score and last seasons semi final was bedlam in the pub when Kennys goal went in....even more so with Barrie McKays. If we win then everything is great and you feel on top of the world, when we lose you are just deflated and want to forget about it.

Watching this one in the pub or the house with my Dad, bro and my mate. Watching it in the house brings back great memories from my childhood when I used to watch them with my old man and they have defined my upbringing supporting Rangers I think.

To all you people saying that you wish we never had to play them again...

How did you feel the hours, days or even weeks after we stuffed them in the semi-final? Remember that feeling of being on top of the fucking world?!! Like all your horses won, like all your teams scored, like you pulled the handle and hit the jackpot.:21:

Thats why we play them . :uk:

I spend all week loving the build up, winding that lot up, watching old videos and reading all the forums articles ect.

As the week goes by the nerves start. 

The game itself is 90mins of nerve shredding tension that has you watching through your fingers at times.

I have this thing where I cant watch corners or set pieces near the box, I have to close my eyes, cross my fingers begging for a goal or a clearance depending on what end obviously. That was before we had a defence incapable of defending set pieces. 

I will probably be a quivering wreck by half time of this game. 

20 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

To all you people saying that you wish we never had to play them again...

How did you feel the hours, days or even weeks after we stuffed them in the semi-final? Remember that feeling of being on top of the fucking world?!! Like all your horses won, like all your teams scored, like you pulled the handle and hit the jackpot.:21:

Thats why we play them . :uk:

I've never been more drained after a game of football ever. That despite winning was probably one of the hardest days following rangers ever.

I agree with a lot of what's being said here.

The build up to the game is hellish, the feeling when you go a goal behind is dreadful, when you come back excellent and when you win is one of the most incredible feelings ever.

Beating them at their dump is always special.

It's all i think about all week can't get it out my head talk non stop to anybody that will listen ( mostly my Mrs ) about it. Struggle to sleep have so much worry about it. Day of game is even worse it's great at start round your mates few beers and tunes before you head to game but second am in that stadium my whole body is taken over by it. 

8 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I fucking hate it. I hate nearly bursting into tears when the Tarriers are on an attack :lol:

Always remember the 1-1 game where Jig scored. Taigs were ultra attacking from start to finish. Could barely breathe at times :lol: