Press conferences - Warburton and Windass

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RFCstuart said:

Why is he annoyed about negative stories about getting hammered 5-1? Am I missing something? 

I think he was being more specific than you are being. He gave examples of the stories, and it wasn't criticism of the performance etc. He has criticised the players performance himself.

6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

More pish.

Just pick the right players Mark and stop shoe horning in your favourites.

Totally, from that interview its clear to me he is already feeling the pressure big time and the worrying thing as a fan is it could have a negative effect on some of his decisions.

He likes to have a go at the media but at the end of the day its the biggest club he has managed and very few have the same expectation, history and stature. 

If he was managing a team similar down south like Utd then I'm pretty sure he would be under the same scrutiny as he would here.........has to realise its Rangers he is managing, finances dont dictate how big a club we are, our history and fans do that so he needs to recognise that.

I really don't know what other fans are expecting him to say in press conferences. The fact he is only answering the pish questions the reporters are asking without trying to sound like a prick or giving them a headline they can twist to suit their own needs.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as I think he and the team will come good. We haven't came out the starting gates firing on all cylinders but with the addition of 12 players I would expect there to be a gelling period.  

He's right about the negativity in our game, we can see that for ourselves where everyone hates us rather than welcoming the big club back to the top league (where we should be) bringing improved marketing/sponsorship, interest and crowds are all linked with that, but wait! No, they'd rather slag us off and tell us we're not welcome etc. Then year after year there's another think tank about how we improve and then shitty programmes like Scotland's Game where someone had the audacity to say "we need to get people though the gates and into grounds". Well I'm sorry, that was sell out Saturday's when we were first demoted and it fell flat on its face because when push comes to shove they hate us more than they support their own clubs. MW is just telling him the harsh reality.

As for the rest of his press conf, time will tell if they bounce back against RC.

Not one of MW's best pressers, but then again, we've  not been playing at our best.

He must realise that he's to blame for some of our poor form.

Surely he's read about, or has a rough idea of our footballing history and our Iron Curtain reputation in defence.

It's all very well not to worry about defence when your attitude is to score more than the other team, but we're not scoring, hence the plethora of dropped points and our dropping down the table.

4 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Not one of MW's best pressers, but then again, we've  not been playing at our best.

He must realise that he's to blame for some of our poor form.

Surely he's read about, or has a rough idea of our footballing history and our Iron Curtain reputation in defence.

It's all very well not to worry about defence when your attitude is to score more than the other team, but we're not scoring, hence the plethora of dropped points and our dropping down the table.

I think people are underestimating the man. We havent got the defenders in that we have probably worked very hard getting in over summer, so he is left with what we have now - doesnt mean that "he cant see what the supporters are seeing". He will know a lot better than most. This project WILL take time but unfortunately the Support arent willing to give it to him. Shame

37 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I think people are underestimating the man. We havent got the defenders in that we have probably worked very hard getting in over summer, so he is left with what we have now - doesnt mean that "he cant see what the supporters are seeing". He will know a lot better than most. This project WILL take time but unfortunately the Support arent willing to give it to him. Shame

I'm not trying to underestimate him, but most of the players playing at the club right now have been brought in by him. Certainly the ones that are the fans targets most times.

I don't think he's sorted us out over the transfer window and we've now got to deal with what we have. You never know, maybe Hill will become a world beater, but he'll have to hurry up before we're beaten by all comers in the world.

It does seem particulary easy to play against us just now.

18 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

I think he is spot on with his comments.  We are far too negative and it holds back our game.  

Hmm I think the negativity is only really facing one way tbh! The rest of Scottish football is talked up in a positive light yet when I ever I read an article about the famous it always with a negative spin and it when it's a decent piece it's like they're almost apologetic about it. 

If MW wants to see/hear negative comments on anything, he doesn't need to look at the media, he just needs to come on here.

Nothing wrong with the presser.

The man is obviously feeling the heat but so far he has handled it well.

I have great faith in the way he wants to do things football-wise but I think he still needs more time. The comments about his time being up and on a slippery slope are laughable.

Back the man. We are Rangers SUPPORTERS - Lets support them.

3 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I'm not trying to underestimate him, but most of the players playing at the club right now have been brought in by him. Certainly the ones that are the fans targets most times.

I don't think he's sorted us out over the transfer window and we've now got to deal with what we have. You never know, maybe Hill will become a world beater, but he'll have to hurry up before we're beaten by all comers in the world.

It does seem particulary easy to play against us just now.

It is. Look across our back four. Tav's a gem going forward, not too shining bright in defence, but overall adds value. I think his defensive qualities are getting better, but still the weaker part of his game. For the two in central defence, no need to say anymore and lastly our captain is just not firing on all cylinders right now. He will eventually and sooner rather than later I hope.

The system is to play the ball out from the back, now a tough call when we currently have four whom I would say aren't the most confident nor comfortable on the ball just now and that's a lot to build upon.

Then we have Barton in the hole, who is nowhere near fit enough and playing poorly, albeit he did win a man of the match. TBH, I don't think it's his bag covering for others. I think he is more suited to a free role, creating what he can and taking cunts out as he goes forward. I don't think he is comfortable having to think about protecting what is behind him, as well as not having the pace to check back. Maybe in a different role he would be a game changer, who knows?

Thus far the midfield and forwards have been underperforming. Not so much lack of effort, just disjointed. Lack of pace and the smart movement in pressuring. Some of it down to the new players settling in, but I don't know WTF is up with McKay. We have Miller overcompensating, spending a lot of time in defending of late, so maybe just not confident in the defence, as he can read the game and see a weakness, but he shouldn't be having to do it. Quite a bit of nervousness about and desperation.

Think we have found gems in Windass and Garner, with Forrester and MOH not far behind, plus there are others well equipped to replace the current starting line up, so there is there is plenty opportunity to change and rotate without weakening the team.

However, IMHO MW is struggling with the holding midfield role and the issue with the CD's being worse at the minute than even he thought they would be and it's fucking up the whole system. Maybe getting too complicated, I don't know, but change is needed. He needs to take the risk as he sees it in his own mind and make the personnel changes and maybe, it will all fall into place with fresh faces, show that it can be done and everyone can learn and get the confidence in it.

It ain't easy, he has one of the worst two jobs in football management for pressure. Does he need time? Yes he does, because I am sure he would have thought he would have this sorted before now. He put a whole team together at the beginning of last season and set the place on fire. Can he do it again? Yes he can. He now has to dig deep and take the risk. Maybe sacrifice a couple of his own principles, I don't know. Scottish football might not be so pretty, nor the quality not so good, but teams are wide as the fucking Clyde and as physical as they come. There is also the bitterness and hatred towards us, that comes with being Rangers, just to spice it up even more.

On reflection, putting my bitter disappointment behind me and despite my rantings in howling at the moon, pound for pound there is NO other to replace him, nor would I wish to. I want him to succeed and we need him to succeed. Only a second best after him I'd say. I know he might look cool and hold it together in front of the mhedia, but I am confident he is burning up inside and frustrated and stressed to fuck. Maybe time to chill and reflect and for him to get back to what he is good at. The basics as he knows them. Who knows what the fuck goes on behind the scenes and what pressure he is under, but I witnessed some of the best football I have seen in a long long time under him. It brought us success and it can do again.

Apologies to all for my rantings. Time to draw a line in the sand in the Barton affair. Get behind the manager and Barton if he is staying and the rest of the team, as our haters WILL rip us another one for this and with many more waiting in their hip pocket to do us down. MW is our best shot and each and everyone need our support.

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Exactly mate. We have proof of him speaking to Mariappa and Lescott etc, but it turned out differently. The guy was trying to secure the players he wanted and was landed with lesser choices.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Apologies to all for my rantings. Time to draw a line in the sand in the Barton affair. Get behind the manager and Barton if he is staying and the rest of the team, as our haters WILL rip us another one for this and with many more waiting in their hip pocket to do us down. MW is our best shot and each and everyone need our support.

Well said mate and a very good post, especially the part about MW ...... but thought I would highlight your apology as it appears to be well meant and genuine ...... :cheers:

:uk:

On 15/09/2016 at 9:01 PM, loyalfollower said:

The guy said nothing wrong in that interview. Spot on with the negativity though. Bears included

Totally agree, Our team get it from all sides. Imho when the going gets hard for the Manager and team, we need to support them harder to get them through the low points.

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Reformation Bear said:

Pity nobody had the balls to ask him about McCoist's assessment of how long it will take to win the title.   Maybe the journos were warned off that question by JT.   I'd have liked to have heard his answer though.

This was asked and answered at previous press conference  

MW said its about opinions however he doesn't agree with Ally and both he and Davie understand they do not get that long