All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Managers make bad signings, happened to the very best like Ferguson and Mourinho.

On paper it was a decent move for us, however JB let himself down like he always does. Mark maybe thought the moron had grown up after his stint in France then in the championship.

Sadly JB let his cuntishness shine through, not the managers fault for taking a risk that could have worked out fantastic.

At last (tu) We have many things to beat MW with atm, this is most definitely not one of them, shit happens.

22 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

More to the point who will be the fall guy for signing him? Will MW stay if his freedom to sign who he wants on his team has gone?

If Barton was signed against his wishes then he should've walked away already. It's interesting that Warburton made a big deal telling us about how he made the effort to get krancjar to sign but said very little about Barton  

Starting ot think Barton was just a smokescreen to take the heat of the board and the lack of investment. Only it's blown up in their faces. 

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Are we actually debating if the manager signs players now?:lol:

There is literally nothing concrete to even suggest this.

We are debating because Barton goes against all of Warburton thinking when it comes to buying players. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If Barton was signed against his wishes then he should've walked away already. It's interesting that Warburton made a big deal telling us about how he made the effort to get krancjar to sign but said very little about Barton  

Starting ot think Barton was just a smokescreen to take the heat of the board and the lack of investment. Only it's blown up in their faces. 

I beginning to think that also. I found this old news story interesting.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3592105/Frank-McParland-delighted-former-club-Burnley-no-regrets-moving-north-border-Rangers.html

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

I can't see him play again, this match fit discussion, he was match fit last season and won an award, looks like he is playing in the wrong role at Ibrox with the other players not performing, only magnifys the problems. The PR job Rangers done on Halliday after the altercations and with him given the captains armband imo is showing the stance by the management that Barton is finished whatever the final cost of his departure. 

Not saying you have, but did you sign up to the Holliday conspiring to get the armband theory that some mentalists have on here? 

I think Halliday performed well as third choice captain and we won the match.

BTW Barton has played the position before he joined Rangers. He has been outshone by his fellow Liverpudlian. Speaks volumes to me. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

We are debating because Barton goes against all of Warburton thinking when it comes to buying players. 

The Barton since 2013 doesn't though. 

One of his best friend's in football has recommended him and he's just had the season of his life. Add in his decade of footballing experience in a position we badly needed filled and it ticked all the boxes IMO.

I really don't think that many people seen it go as badly as this tbh. His off field reputation has been fine the past 3 years until now and his on field reputation has grown over the past few seasons. 

I think everyone thought the guy had really turned a corner but it hasn't worked out like that sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Q. Do you feel you have signed hungry young guys who want to settle down and improve?

A. Yeah, they want to put roots down. Their development has been good. They have gone away, they’ve experienced their first loan, second loan possibly, and now they’re ready to deal with that weight 
of expectation here and further their 
careers. I want young, hungry players 
supplemented by one or two senior guys who can play that mentoring role.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Q. Do you feel you have signed hungry young guys who want to settle down and improve?

A. Yeah, they want to put roots down. Their development has been good. They have gone away, they’ve experienced their first loan, second loan possibly, and now they’re ready to deal with that weight 
of expectation here and further their 
careers. I want young, hungry players 
supplemented by one or two senior guys who can play that mentoring role.

So you agree Barton goes against everything Warburton believes in when it comes squad harmony and atmosphere in the dressing room. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The Barton since 2013 doesn't though. 

One of his best friend's in football has recommended him and he's just had the season of his life. Add in his decade of footballing experience in a position we badly needed filled and it ticked all the boxes IMO.

I really don't think that many people seen it go as badly as this tbh. His off field reputation has been fine the past 3 years until now and his on field reputation has grown over the past few seasons. 

I think everyone thought the guy had really turned a corner but it hasn't worked out like that sadly. 

He has been playing for low key clubs without the press in his face. He comes to the goldfish bowl that is the us and them and it all goes tits up within 2 months. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

He has been playing for low key clubs without the press in his face. He comes to the goldfish bowl that is the us and them and it all goes tits up within 2 months. 

I agree aye that is probably the guy's downfall but you can't assess how a player is going to handle it until they are here. That's the difference between a footballer and a Rangers player, the mentality has to be as strong as the footballing abilities.

I can't see him play again, this match fit discussion, he was match fit last season and won an award, looks like he is playing in the wrong role at Ibrox with the other players not performing, only magnifys the problems. The PR job Rangers done on Halliday after the altercations and with him given the captains armband imo is showing the stance by the management that Barton is finished whatever the final cost of his departure. 

Halliday was given captain due to the fact Wallace and Miller weren't playing, and he was the next worthy candidate, nothing more, nothing less.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has talked about having some experience in the squad we tried to sign John Eustace in the championship 

The way he's given up on Barton so quickly makes you wonder but unless we're reliably informed otherwise we can only assume Warburton signed him 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I agree aye that is probably the guy's downfall but you can't assess how a player is going to handle it until they are here. That's the difference between a footballer and a Rangers player, the mentality has to be as strong as the footballing abilities.

Agreed mate, but taking a player with a suspect temperament and dropping him into that pressure was a huge gamble. 

One that I think Warburton wouldn't have taken. Anyway it's all opinion until we know different. 

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

In what way do you find it interesting? I find this quote from McParland to be the most interesting:

"Unless the three of us are really keen on it then it doesn't go forward. That was how we worked previously when we were quite successful with bringing players in"

Had just copied the same paragraph to paste.

Pretty much blows out the water any conspiracy theory that a player is brought in without a manager's consent.

Especially one who had the conviction to leave his previous role when a new system doing just that was to be introduced. 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He has talked about having some experience in the squad we tried to sign John Eustace in the championship 

The way he's given up on Barton so quickly makes you wonder but unless we're reliably informed otherwise we can only assume Warburton signed him 

Is not the experience that goes against his thinking, it's his philosophy of a player being the right fit in the dressing room and on and off the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

In what way do you find it interesting? I find this quote from McParland to be the most interesting:

"Unless the three of us are really keen on it then it doesn't go forward. That was how we worked previously when we were quite successful with bringing players in"

This sentence, How heavily?

Andrew (Dickson), Stewart (Robertson) and the board and heavily involved in everything we do. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is not the experience that goes against his thinking, it's his philosophy of a player being the right fit in the dressing room and on and off the pitch. 

True but he maybe took the word of Sean Dyche that Barton was terrific on and off the pitch with no trouble at all, McParland was at Burnley when Barton signed there as well

More likely to me that Warburton's decided he made a big mistake, costly one right enough 

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

This sentence, How heavily?

Heavily as in getting deals over the line!

Are you, to be clear, alluding to AD and SR influencing deals that MW does not consent?

Seriously?

If so you need to take time out.....

Just now, simplythebest said:

True but he maybe took the word of Sean Dyche that Barton was terrific on and off the pitch with no trouble at all, McParland was at Burnley when Barton signed there as well

More likely to me that Warburton's decided he made a big mistake, costly one right enough 

As I said mate it's all opinion, I've said before I think Warburton got dazzled by the big names. 

If he did sign Barton then you have question Warburton and the fact he ditched his philosophy so quickly for a huge gamble. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you agree Barton goes against everything Warburton believes in when it comes squad harmony and atmosphere in the dressing room. 

If Warburton didn't sign him, or was against his signing in the first instance, then why has he been shoe horned in to every single team sheet when he was available. Surely if the manager had no faith in barton, and had been against his signing, he wouldnt have started him in the biggest game of the season being the first match away against the scum? 

dont buy into this theory that it was a board signing. the burnley links between the manager and dyche are glaringly apparent, along with mcparland. they knew what they were getting when warburton quite clearly, by his own admission, spoke with dyche (his self-professed "best friend in football") about joey barton prior to signing. 

mourinho had several players forced upon him during his second spell as manager - clear signings made by those above him. mourinho chose not to play them. see baba rahman. see djilobodji. see cuadrado. see salah. 

any manager with a fucking spine would not play those players who dont fit into their system, or who go against "what they believe in", instead of making a conscious effort to wedge the cunt into the team even when it was glaringly apparent that he was not suited to the system. 

If you are correct, and warburton didnt want him and the board signed him, then we should be chasing the manager right now for lacking the necessary leadership qualities to pick a team on merit in accordance with their beliefs / footballing philosophy. 

the notion that barton was secretly signed by dave king et al when he was seen cruising around the town with davie weir and then playing golf with miller and having dinner with mcparland and halliday, is quite frankly fucking daft. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As I said mate it's all opinion, I've said before I think Warburton got dazzled by the big names. 

If he did sign Barton then you have question Warburton and the fact he ditched his philosophy so quickly for a huge gamble. 

But you could say the same about a number of our signings this summer. How the fuck does Clint Hill fit in with what the manager supposedly wants (young, hungry talent and players that have "lost their way")? does that mean clint hill was a board signing too? 

i'd be more sympathetic to the view that warburton is simply out of his depth as a total rookie and that he doesnt have a fucking clue what he's doing, than i am towards the conspiracy theories about the bastard board signing players on behalf of our lame duck manager.