Should Warburton Go?

Broxi

Should Warburton Go?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

waghorn ain't good enough for us mate..I agree right now he's the best we have which is depressing

I think through the middle he would prove to be decent. Just now out wide he isn't suited to it and gets caught on the ball. 

When he is central he has the ability to go drift out and 've more effective.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Manager is a top manager who will prove this in time. We played Aberdeen off the park today, whilst I would have started Waghorn through the middle we still done more than enough to win that game. We have responded to our early season form and are playing well just now imo. Better teams have lost at Pittodrie.

36 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Warburton is not the problem, his tactics is creating lots of great chances, it was easier to score Waghorn's chance than miss it. Poor tactics did not cause the first goal, that was unforgivable, pub teams would be embarrassed to lose a goal like that. 

Warburton needs to start chopping heads off. Pick one of the numpties in the defence and set an example, stick him in the under 21's to learn the basics. 

Waghorn needs to lose his place. 

Warburton is a great manager but he needs to be harder on failures because the players are happy enough to keep repeating the same ones. 

If MW is not the problem, then why only 5 wins in 17 games?

Not chopping heads is also MW's problem.

Lastly, a great manager does not reflect those statistics.

Ffs - what happened to support and allowing the man to build a squad and giving him the time to do so - the number of times I said all a Rangers manager has to do is win and was told it was all about building a philosophy - looking long term, not short, and watching what MW has done I have, and am buying into that. 

Seems after all that the only requisite for a Rangers Manager is to win!

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Fuck up. 

Weve been saying dominated and defensive lapse since January

A point isn't good enough when you play for fucking Rangers. 

No need for the abuse fella.  If that's your opinion then fine, but you might consider how you put present it.

The Problem we would have is who could we get to Manage a team that's getting little or no Support from this board. I said after Ally as did many others we should have went for an experienced Manager but we never did that.

I like Warburton but feel he's struggled for a while and it's been glossed over as we all hoped he'd turn it round.

Just now, Smile said:

The Problem we would have is who could we get to Manage a team that's getting little or no Support from this board. I said we should have went for experienced Manager but we never did that.

I like Warburton but feel he's struggled for a while and it's been glossed over as we all hoped he'd turn it round.

Mcleish?

57 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Are you serious..

Who actually thought we'd come up and start pumping established sides?

This is a tough league and yes mistakes have been made and some things have 5o change but give the guy a fuckin break.

Established sides, what the fuck are we then? 

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

So even if we continue to look like we're heading for a bottom half finish he needs the season? 

I don't think he should go now but we need to pick up form soon or it can't continue 

I agree that we need to improve but I don't see how bringing in another Manager this season (whoever that may be) is the answer.

For what it's worth I don't think we will finish bottom half.

Not sure which thread is the one to answer but as positivity is getting browbeaten tonight may as well be here. 

Warburton is learning. We are all impatient as fck. Me included. But we were fucking woeful against Hamilton and Kilmarnock and he got some serious decisions wrong against the scum. We were not as woeful against Ross County but nowhere near good enough. I have said loads of times that Warburton is an inexperienced football manager but that he will live or die by how quickly he learns. I think he is learning, its remains to be seen if its quickly enough.

We were much better today but now he needs to show he is learning that you can't always play through a form slump sometimes you need benched. McKay and Wallace need benched. 

losing to the sheep is a sore one and Rangers are about winning. It's never acceptable to lose but we defended really well first half, had one amateur loss in concentration and we are one nil down. Wilson should have got the header. Tav should have tracked the runner and frankly I would have liked to have seen Fod come out faster and make himself bigger. 

The free kick was a worldy that should never have been. 

I have faith that warburton will learn. But by fck he better hurry up. 

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs - what happened to support and allowing the man to build a squad and giving him the time to do so - the number of times I said all a Rangers manager has to do is win and was told it was all about building a philosophy - looking long term, not short, and watching what MW has done I have, and am buying into that. 

Seems after all that the only requisite for a Rangers Manager is to win!

I never said that i always said a manager judged on results at Rangers and winning everything. That was when everyone said they were happy just with Pretty football, when does that start again.

Just now, Bakbear said:

Not sure which thread is the one to answer but as positivity is getting browbeaten tonight may as well be here. 

Warburton is learning. We are all impatient as fck. Me included. But we were fucking woeful against Hamilton and Kilmarnock and he got some serious decisions wrong against the scum. We were not as woeful against Ross County but nowhere near good enough. I have said loads of times that Warburton is an inexperienced football manager but that he will live or die by how quickly he learns. I think he is learning, its remains to be seen if its quickly enough.

We were much better today but now he needs to show he is learning that you can't always play through a form slump sometimes you need benched. McKay and Wallace need benched. 

losing to the sheep is a sore one and Rangers are about winning. It's never acceptable to lose but we defended really well first half, had one amateur loss in concentration and we are one nil down. Wilson should have got the header. Tav should have tracked the runner and frankly I would have liked to have seen Fod come out faster and make himself bigger. 

The free kick was a worldy that should never have been. 

I have faith that warburton will learn. But by fck he better hurry up. 

Mate he had had long enough to learn if he hasn't learnt by now he never will.

Said already on this thread all those that want to get rid of him fine.What's the plan b when the next manager comes in and even if the board give him 5,10,15 million to win league which comprises of teams put together for two bob and this manager doesn't.What next for the greatest fans in the world do tell me what the next plan is.

Don't agree. You can't learn how much we are hated without living it. You can't learn how much better teams play against us than they do on a standard Saturday afternoon until you experience it for yourself. 

Scottish football is a very unique place. Being manager of Rangers takes a very particular kind of person. Dealing with the scrutiny and the pressure needs to be learned. Understanding the character that is needed and who has that character and who doesn't takes time. He got a relatively free ride last year and probably didn't fully understand. I think he is getting it now  

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If MW is not the problem, then why only 5 wins in 17 games?

Not chopping heads is also MW's problem.

Lastly, a great manager does not reflect those statistics.

There in the semi final of the cup, not sure where your 5 wins in 17 is coming from. If you included the cup games then it's obviously not the case.

The recent results and level of individual errors is what's going to be his downfall. 

Players are getting off with making the same errors over and over again. 

Im sure in your work if you make an error it's a case of getting it sorted but if you make the same blatant fuckup again and again you would expect your supervisor to take action. It's at the stage where Warburton needs to start taking action. Players need to be punished.That defence error requires at least one of them to be demoted to the under 21's ,

5 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Mate he had had long enough to learn if he hasn't learnt by now he never will.

Sorry disagree. Seriously this season is seen as a free go if we like it or not. Stability in the the top flight and progress next season. I don't like it but that imo is what is happening. 

3 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

My general concensus is

He's not been in the job long and is making a lot of mistakes but if he realises how demanding we are for success he should get it right. 

But he better get it right soon.

He knows how demanding we are for success, he knows that every game for us is must win....it ain't happening.