SFA drop complaints against Hibs and Rangers

RFCRobertson

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Bang on with that.

However our board are not so principled. Are we the fans prepared to force the boards hand on it? I would like to think yes, but alas I have a gut feeling it would be a no, as whilst we are expert in giving it large on such matters, we aint so good on the follow through. Us fight on a platform for social justice and equality and it means missing a game or two as well. Fuck that I hear the cry. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't hear many thus far in the now multiple threads on this calling for a boycott of the SC, which indeed would be the only effective way in which to get any redress. Otherwise it's the usual shut to fuck up and take it up the erse.

The bheasts caused a referee strike years ago with their constant questioning of every decision and it has done them no harm as they get more than their fair share of calls still . We need to take drastic action to put a stop to the obvious persecution that has , is and will keep happening to us until we show that we won't stand for it anymore . Sadly I don't think the board are up for the fight.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality is that as much as I don't agree with the decision, the SFA's own rules did not enable them to punish either club as clubs are not deemed liable for the actions of their fans.

Those that were deemed to have broken the law have had their collar felt by plod as part of the criminal investigation. 

You have to separate this from the SFA action (or lack of in this case).

The bigger issue here is the message that the lack of accountability sends to others. 

I suspect that this will come back to bite the SFA.

The final was in May and they are releasing this Nearly in October.  The SFA today failed in its obligation to make sure players are protected on the park, They have all but said that they are powerless to stop this happening again.

Also from STV report why are we being treated as equally guilty of the invasion,  Hibs fans got as far as the Rangers End before any reaction after we had witnessed our players being attacked.

We need a FOI as to the numbers of Rangers fans against Hibs fans who have had there doors kicked in.

The agenda is clear and until we start shouting about it will continue.

23 minutes ago, murzo said:

The bheasts caused a referee strike years ago with their constant questioning of every decision and it has done them no harm as they get more than their fair share of calls still . We need to take drastic action to put a stop to the obvious persecution that has , is and will keep happening to us until we show that we won't stand for it anymore . Sadly I don't think the board are up for the fight.

Post of the day(tu)

17 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

The reality is that as much as I don't agree with the decision, the SFA's own rules did not enable them to punish either club as clubs are not deemed liable for the actions of their fans.

Those that were deemed to have broken the law have had their collar felt by plod as part of the criminal investigation. 

The bigger issue here is the message that the lack of accountability sends to others. 

The SFA are well within their right to ban all Hibs fans from any ground in the country. 

13 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

The final was in May and they are releasing this Nearly in October.  The SFA today failed in its obligation to make sure players are protected on the park, They have all but said that they are powerless to stop this happening again.

Also from STV report why are we being treated as equally guilty of the invasion,  Hibs fans got as far as the Rangers End before any reaction after we had witnessed our players being attacked.

We need a FOI as to the numbers of Rangers fans against Hibs fans who have had there doors kicked in.

The agenda is clear and until we start shouting about it will continue.

Surly even from a Health and Safety prospective the SFA should have been held responsible for not having adequate controls in place to deal with public disorder by the Hibs pitch invaders . 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The SFA are well within their right to ban all Hibs fans from any ground in the country. 

I suspect they could if they wanted to, but I also suspect that they would be challenged from a legal point of view by Hibs.  I assume that this was why they dropped the charges because they knew it would be challenged (by both clubs).

But I agree that they should have been banned.

8 minutes ago, donmac said:

Surly even from a Health and Safety prospective the SFA should have been held responsible for not having adequate controls in place to deal with public disorder by the Hibs pitch invaders . 

You would think so but for the showpiece final in Scotland to be marred by massive crowd trouble and the clubs supporters who initiated the violence to get away completely scot free means As a Club we need to protect our players and supporters, as the SFA are not fit for purpose. 

49 minutes ago, murzo said:

Sadly, neither are the majority of the fans. As I said, it doesn't mean getting off our erses and marching to Hampden, which I feel would be pointless, unless it was in support of board action. It only needs pressure eg. Petition, emails, demo at an Ibrox home game to the board, demanding action from them and the only one that I know of that would be effective in fighting the corrupt SFA is withdrawing from the competition. It would be UK sports headlines and every media outlet would be clambering to get the story. From there we could pick a friendly one who could lay before the public, the wrong doings against our club and our fans. It's the only way and the best opportunity we have to get it all out there.

Sadly, we don't have the spine for it. 

Apply the pressure to Wishart if we can find out a contact email or phone number,Ask why he hasn't released a statement about the players he represents being attacked in their place of work.

Tell him Rangers fans are organising a protest against the SFA outside Hanpden for lack of punishment against Hibs and Rangers fans would like him to lead this protest.... Watch his arse collapse. 

8 hours ago, baltic_blue said:

In future it will now be remembered as the final that both sets of fans caused trouble. There will be no mention of hibs fans charging towards Rangers fans. It will be both sets of supporters invaded the pitch to confront each other and they will get away with saying it along with saying Rangers fans caused the delay in the police getting to the stadium. In saying that they are getting away with saying it was Rangers fans that caused it by reacting now so fuck it. Either the board grow a set of balls or we will always be tarnished by these cunts.

That's the way that despicable Teflon Mob do business: spew out outrageous amounts of bullshit about us knowing that a high percentage will stick because hating everything Rangers is the only thing that fuels the lives of so many poisonous twats in Scotland. It's so damned tiresome and predictable now. 

Fucking digrace. Fuck the sfa. They've set precedent along with the Motherwell fiasco let's pick a game and do the same. Let's see what the outcome is. Won't be the same but let them try and explain why it's different. You know, I know. Shower of bastards.WATP and always will be. No surrender. 

12 minutes ago, daytripping12 said:

It all comes down to whether a club should be punished for the actions of their fans at a neutral stadium, on balance I'd probably say no, any club is a business why should it be responsible for the public who use their services? If someone uses a local shop every day to buy smokes then goes out housebreaking later on should the shop be responsible for his actions? seems a strange analogy but at the end of the day comes down to the same thing.

If this had happened at easter road and hibs had not provided adequate policing and stewarding then fair enough to hit them hard, I'm not sure what they could have done to prevent the invasion in this case.

Strict liability is  not a road we want to go down, we all know who would be hit hardest.

The courts will punish those who assaulted our players, they're not getting off scot free like some seem to be suggesting.  

Hibs should be held responsible. They sold tickets to any Tom dick and Paddy through a public sale while fans who go every week were denied a chance to attend. The sfa are also have a case to answer by the amount they allocated each club. Time our board got back on the attack, or we will forever be the whipping boys of scottish football 

The Rangers support should boycott the Scottish Cup. Hit the SFA where it hurts, allowing them to get a very light share of the pie.

I know that most of us hate the word boycott, never mind actually boycotting games, but we've got to do something, otherwise they'll keep shitting on us for ever more. If this hurts the club, then the board should get the message that if they don't start sticking up for Rangers, & the Support, then we will.

We Are The People!!!

6 minutes ago, daytripping12 said:

My last post on the subject as I'm clearly on a different wavelength to a lot of you but why should Hibs be punished because of the actions of those who follow them? the courts will take care of those who did damage, what has it got to do with the club? 

Yes! Considering we have been fined & had fans banned from an away game previously for 'sectarian' singing! 

2 hours ago, daytripping12 said:

I don't get that logic Ranter, are you saying the team with the most season ticket holders should get the most tickets? I'd be raging if we ever got to another European final and the likes of Man Utd or Barcelona got 2/3rds of the tickets on that basis, a final at a neutral ground should always be an equal split if both teams can sell them.

The problem is who they are selling them to. If we played East Stirling in a final they could sell over 20000 but it wouldn't be all their fans. If we got to another euro final against a bigger club any amount of tickets allocated to a club would normally be used by either club in a fair manner. My objection is a club getting twice as many as it's normal home gate while another clubs loyal fans are locked out. I've been to a hampden final with a ticket for the other end because a team couldn't sell their whole allocation to their own fans. So  why not give give clubs allocations they can manage, and help keep the numpties out.

21 minutes ago, ranter said:

The problem is who they are selling them to. If we played East Stirling in a final they could sell over 20000 but it wouldn't be all their fans. If we got to another euro final against a bigger club any amount of tickets allocated to a club would normally be used by either club in a fair manner. My objection is a club getting twice as many as it's normal home gate while another clubs loyal fans are locked out. I've been to a hampden final with a ticket for the other end because a team couldn't sell their whole allocation to their own fans. So  why not give give clubs allocations they can manage, and help keep the numpties out.

Like hibs last season? Average gate around 8/9k but got the same amount of tickets as us in the final. I agree with you that is wrong. 

Pull out the Scottish cup,for the next 3 years in protest, and we should just invade the park against Celtic in the semi's if we win as we can all run on the pitch attack any their players we see fit then goad their fans and everything will be fine and Rangers will go unpunished.. 

Never going to happen, Petrie is still in a job and now we must demand he and Regan are removed from their posts. 

14 hours ago, DMax399 said:

Bite the SFA? Our board should be demanding Regan and Petrie are bothe removed and if this fails to happen make an official complaint to UEFA and pull out their cup competition.  

It time our board stood up for the club and the fans , their honeymoon is well and truly over and I amd the vast majority of season ticket holders expect them to do their job. 

And if the  SFA could not punish Hibs in the first place then why charge them?  Again another fuck up by Regan and his cronies 

26 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Bite the SFA? Our board should be demanding Regan and Petrie are bothe removed and if this fails to happen make an official complaint to UEFA and pull out their cup competition.  

It time our board stood up for the club and the fans , their honeymoon is well and truly over and I amd the vast majority of season ticket holders expect them to do their job. 

And if the  SFA could not punish Hibs in the first place then why charge them?  Again another fuck up by Regan and his cronies 

These fuck ups by these morons running the game in Scotland are happening all too often, but its seems only to the benefit of other clubs and at the expense of Rangers Football Club and fans.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Pull out the Scottish cup,for the next 3 years in protest, and we should just invade the park against Celtic in the semi's if we win as we can all run on the pitch attack any their players we see fit then goad their fans and everything will be fine and Rangers will go unpunished.. 

Never going to happen, Petrie is still in a job and now we must demand he and Regan are removed from their posts. 

As you say, destroy the scum in semi then invade the park punching and kicking anything in green and white, ohh and attack any official we can found. We also need to go on the offensive and head right into the stands and start lashing out at any bheast in their crowd including children in this as they would just use them as they done during the troubles. With a bit of luck maybe there can be a few fatalities possibly caused by people in blue but good news well get a criminal record but the club won't get punished  ??

a noise up obv but the decision is shocking