SFA drop complaints against Hibs and Rangers

RFCRobertson

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Bite the SFA? Our board should be demanding Regan and Petrie are bothe removed and if this fails to happen make an official complaint to UEFA and pull out their cup competition.  

It time our board stood up for the club and the fans , their honeymoon is well and truly over and I amd the vast majority of season ticket holders expect them to do their job. 

And if the  SFA could not punish Hibs in the first place then why charge them?  Again another fuck up by Regan and his cronies 

I don't disagree with anything you say.

This is just my understanding of the situation.

I don't tend to comment on the board but what I will say is that it's a judgement call on how successful they think they would be if they were to escalate this as you describe, but there is no doubt that this has been badly handled by the SFA which has become the norm.

9 minutes ago, Capital Blu said:

The Scottish Government has now started to apply some pressure on the SFA and the Clubs

Cth0JnrWYAAK4O_.jpg

Don't know where I stand with that. It's that phrase "offensive behaviour" again that muddies the waters.

You can bet your life that everyone will be offended at anything and everything we do. It's far too broad a term.

That said it is absolutely baffling that our players can be assaulted on the pitch, not get their medals and there's no action against the club whatsoever .. instead Rangers fans doors go in, they lose their jobs and they do jail time and have criminal records for confornting the animals.

Scotland is a fucking dive and our own club don't do a fucking thing to help matters either. One big clusterfuck after another.

43 minutes ago, Capital Blu said:

The Scottish Government has now started to apply some pressure on the SFA and the Clubs

Cth0JnrWYAAK4O_.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/scottish-government-will-intervene-if-needed-over-scottish-cup-f/

There might be something in this if this article in June is anything to go by. It's a shame our gutless board can't do it though. 

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/scottish-government-will-intervene-if-needed-over-scottish-cup-f/

There might be something in this if this article in June is anything to go by. It's a shame our gutless board can't do it though. 

This , the board should demand a meeting with those bigoted cunts and demand they do something as they have helped fuel the hatred towards the unionist community 

There's another twist to the story today in an article in the Edinburgh Evening News website.

For the first time the damage to the advertising hoardings seems to have been quantified at £800K, but it may take a court case to have damages paid by one or more parties.

Given that Hivs have accepted liability for their fans damaging the Hamdump pitch it would seem a no brainer that they should accept liability for the damage to the advertising too.  Meanwhile Rangers haven't accepted liability for anything.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-and-rangers-face-being-sued-after-cup-final-1-4246587

HIBS and Rangers could be sued jointly for £800,000 over damage caused after the Scottish Cup final pitch invasion – despite being cleared of any blame last week. Misconduct charges against the clubs were dismissed by the SFA on Wednesday, which ruled neither could be held responsible for the fans’ behaviour. However, lawyers acting for Glasgow City Council are now considering raising a fresh action to cover the cost of the damage to digital LED advertising hoardings at Hampden in May.

The legal battle kicked off when solicitors acting on behalf of The Football Company Scotland, which owns the hoardings, started legal action against the council to cover the cost of the damage. But council officials are said to be furious they face covering the cost of the trouble. It’s understood the local authority’s claim has not been lodged yet. A spokesman for the city council, however, did confirm the body was “considering all of the legal options open to us in respect of the claim made by Football Company Scotland”.

The Football Company Scotland confirmed it was seeking damages but provided no further comment. A council insider told a Sunday newspaper: “Taxpayers will be appalled they face having to cough up for the damage. “Clearly the council will look at all its options, and going after the clubs is one of them.” Hibs and Rangers declined to comment. Hibs last week said they had paid for damage to the pitch.

I don't see how this involves the Council though.

3 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Police still releasing images yesterday of folk there wanting to charge....Surely if the clubs have been dropped then all the hunting for people should as well? 

Agree to a point mate, but as there were more hivs yobs than Rangers fans on the pitch, I would expect the searching to stop in Glasgow but to continue in Edinburgh as there were more of them involved.

I say this with full knowledge that I may be biased, but feel that I am justified due to the overwhelming evidence that was there for all to see on the day.

:7325:  

4 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Police still releasing images yesterday of folk there wanting to charge....Surely if the clubs have been dropped then all the hunting for people should as well? 

They're two completely different things, I'm not seeing the connection. The police are looking for people in relation to alleged crimes committed whilst the SFA have said they can't hold the clubs accountable for those crimes. 

2 hours ago, M0NTY said:

It just seems to me that aye the clubs are off the hook but the people involved arent. Prosecuting these people wont make a difference in the grand scheme of things. 

I do agree, prosecuting for most petty crimes doesn't seem to make a difference but at the same time it was the people and not the clubs that did it.

2 hours ago, Spectre said:

They're two completely different things, I'm not seeing the connection. The police are looking for people in relation to alleged crimes committed whilst the SFA have said they can't hold the clubs accountable for those crimes. 

I can bet if it was us they would have held us to account, a new made up rule would magically appear.

Nil-by-Mouth and the Governent, Police Scotland etc etc are all pushing for strict liability.

I think it is a great idea in principle, if fans rush the pitch and goad opposition fans which could incite a riot then I'm all for that club and their fans facing points deduction, stadium ban, game overrule etc etc

If clubs fans are seen to hang effigies or have banner saying H** scum orange bastards etc etc then I'm all for a point deduction, game forfeit etc etc

If club fans storm a field and assault opposition players and break goals, turf and other equipment I'm all for medal stripping, game forfeit etc etc

If our fans have banners saying fenian bastards or sing a "banned song" then fine we know the rules and we obviously will get punished

But that is the problem isn't it, nobody should be punished for singing a song, it is absolutely nothing compared to what Ce**** Hibs and Motherwell have done and we all know it wouldn't be dished out equally

For every point a team in the Prem gets deducted we will get double and that's what I'm worried about

Strict liability is a sensible idea to stop violence and offensive banners, not for songs! 

25 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Nil-by-Mouth and the Governent, Police Scotland etc etc are all pushing for strict liability.

I think it is a great idea in principle, if fans rush the pitch and goad opposition fans which could incite a riot then I'm all for that club and their fans facing points deduction, stadium ban, game overrule etc etc

If clubs fans are seen to hang effigies or have banner saying H** scum orange bastards etc etc then I'm all for a point deduction, game forfeit etc etc

If club fans storm a field and assault opposition players and break goals, turf and other equipment I'm all for medal stripping, game forfeit etc etc

If our fans have banners saying fenian bastards or sing a "banned song" then fine we know the rules and we obviously will get punished

But that is the problem isn't it, nobody should be punished for singing a song, it is absolutely nothing compared to what Ce**** Hibs and Motherwell have done and we all know it wouldn't be dished out equally

For every point a team in the Prem gets deducted we will get double and that's what I'm worried about

Strict liability is a sensible idea to stop violence and offensive banners, not for songs! 

With the current rules regarding the Scottish cup they already have sufficient regulations to suspend a club who's supporters damage the stadium. SFA using this as an excuse for not acting is false. 

"In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in the reparation of same.

The Association shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Board impose upon any club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Board, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club’s representatives or those associated with it (Rule 6 refers). "

On 10/2/2016 at 8:46 PM, Capital Blu said:

There's another twist to the story today in an article in the Edinburgh Evening News website.

For the first time the damage to the advertising hoardings seems to have been quantified at £800K, but it may take a court case to have damages paid by one or more parties.

Given that Hivs have accepted liability for their fans damaging the Hamdump pitch it would seem a no brainer that they should accept liability for the damage to the advertising too.  Meanwhile Rangers haven't accepted liability for anything.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-and-rangers-face-being-sued-after-cup-final-1-4246587

That story is all over the place,Reading it it looks like the company who own the LED boards are suing the wrong people and instead should be suing Hampden as they were responsible for them as they rented them.. Why they are suing the council is utterly bizarre.

But more to the point... Hampden has insurance and so do the people who own the LED boards... Both of them seem to be passing the buck.

Don't also see how it would be possible to sue both clubs for the damage,It's like my son's going out and smashing something up and the owner suing me for the damage.

That story is all arse from elbow.