GK in semi final

NorthUistBear

4 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

For those saying Wes is the better keeper, what is that based on because from what I have seen from both of them so far I would say Gilks is more than capable from what I have gathered. Gilks seems a lot better at commanding the area, better with the ball at his feet and has quicker distribution than Wes, dont really know what his shot stopping is like but I am sure we will find out. Wes doesn't have very good accuracy with his passing at all tbh and takes an age to pick someone out to set us on the counter. Both are decent keepers but as of now I wouldn't say one is better than the other!

Well i have said start Big Wes from what i have seen he has been 1 of our best players i dont know what games you have been watching pal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

For those saying Wes is the better keeper, what is that based on because from what I have seen from both of them so far I would say Gilks is more than capable from what I have gathered. Gilks seems a lot better at commanding the area, better with the ball at his feet and has quicker distribution than Wes, dont really know what his shot stopping is like but I am sure we will find out. Wes doesn't have very good accuracy with his passing at all tbh and takes an age to pick someone out to set us on the counter. Both are decent keepers but as of now I wouldn't say one is better than the other!

Gilks hasn't dived once ffs 

Gilks has been told he's going to get the cup games,  as stated in an interview.  That being said,  ultimately the decision sets with the management.  If they give for the start then I trust their judgement as there will be a reason for it. The semi final will look after its self,  our next game is more important.

I'm not too worried about who's in goals the importance for us will be keeping a cool head so we finish the game will all our players, we have to also fix the problem we have down our right side as that's their strongest area.

Gilks if fit as he has earned it.

Rotating the keepers is a good idea as over reliance on an individual goalie means they are more likely to get injured/burnt out. Also promotes competition between the keepers.

Hope he keeps clean sheets for the rest of the cup. Would be a great achievement. 

13 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I can't agree that is spot on exactly , in a semi v the bheggars it has to be our best 11possible regardless of any so called agreement regarding cup games or whatever 

If that's the policy we've adopted then we should stick to it and not change it just because it's the tarriers we're playing. Gilks isn't exactly a bad keeper.

6 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If that's the policy we've adopted then we should stick to it and not change it just because it's the tarriers we're playing. Gilks isn't exactly a bad keeper.

True he is not a bad keeper but if warburton feels that foderingham should be there instead then he should go with that instinct, it's far too big a game for the gaffer to put anything but what he feels as his strongest starting 11 out there 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

True he is not a bad keeper but if warburton feels that foderingham should be there instead then he should go with that instinct, it's far too big a game for the gaffer to put anything but what he feels as his strongest starting 11 out there 

It's a difficult one for the manager tbf. If he picks Foderingham then he's basically telling Gilks he can't be trusted.

I can understand both sides of the argument, I just don't see the harm it could do to give Gilks a go at them. It's worth noting that, even though Foderingham was the hero the last time we played them at Hampden, he's conceded 7 in 2 games against them.

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's a difficult one for the manager tbf. If he picks Foderingham then he's basically telling Gilks he can't be trusted.

I can understand both sides of the argument, I just don't see the harm it could do to give Gilks a go at them. It's worth noting that, even though Foderingham was the hero the last time we played them at Hampden, he's conceded 7 in 2 games against them.

Yer right it's a difficult one and I too can see both arguements , at the end of the day I will back whatever one tha gaffer decides to put on on the day , my only point is he should not be basing it on some unwritten agreement but on the actual basis of who he feels is most likely to deliver on the day 

4 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

No he isn't, he is telling both of them that Foderingham is the best goalkeeper. If he couldn't trust Gilks he wouldn't have signed him in the first place surely. This is a daft policy, if it is indeed something that has been decided; you pick your best players for the important games, and this game coming up is important.