Forrester

Pearson83

23 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

What I heard was Warburton came in after the parkhead game and tried to lift the players heads by saying it wasn't that bad. Miller didn't take to kindly to it and went off in one. Davie Weir to Warburton that miller was right.

Well that shows you who is a winner and who knows what it takes to represent Rangers.

If true of course.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

To be honest I was being generic about any player.Think it is  hard to make an impression if you don't get a run of games to gel into the team.I have been more impressed with Fortester and MOH as at least they seem to want to drive forward.Its just a shame that on too many occassions no one else was willing to go with them when they hit the byline and crossed the ball.

Same  with Dodoo he at least tries to be attacking and isn't easily pushed off the ball.Garner is a certain type of forward but MW knew that when he bought him and may still come good given some proper service.

Thing is if these players and others on the fringe don't get a proper,and I don't mean 30 mins here and 15 there,run in the team then it's difficult to build up understandings.

I agree with you, but I have seen Forrester this season and he has been very ineffective; and the same goes for O'Halloran, I've even doubted if he has a proper finish on him- he doesn't have much creativity in his play, and his ability to score appeared very limited. Forrester has clearly shown an attitude problem, especially at Dundee, where he was very fortunate to stay on the park. I liked Dodoo for the brief time he was on yesterday, I'd drop McKay and play him for the next few matches, and the same with Garner- I'd drop Waghorn to the bench and play him. I have sympathy with Waghorn, because a hamstring can affect a players confidence in himself, and I think he'll come through this barren period; the goal against Hamilton showed his class.

That's from Forresters instagram today. The players were training today. Seen Robbie Kiernan mentioned on twitter they were training. So god know what he's doing on a train when the rest are training?

Forrester was there yesterday. There is a photo of him chatting to Kranjcar pitchside. 

If Warburton has lost the dressing room it's inevitable what will happen. Seems to me the pressure is getting to him. 

IMG_9333.PNG

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Leaking what- how do we know any of this is even true; and if it was true how unusual would it be anyway?

Well all the leaks with the transfers in the summer and now all this shit about bust ups.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with you, but I have seen Forrester this season and he has been very ineffective; and the same goes for O'Halloran, I've even doubted if he has a proper finish on him, he doesn't have much creativity in his play. Forrester has clearly shown an attitude problem, especially at Dundee, where he was very fortunate to stay on the park. I liked Dodoo for the brief time he was on yesterday, I'd drop McKay and play him for the next few matches, and the same with Garner- I'd drop Waghorn to the bench and play him. I have sympathy with Waghorn, because a hamstring can affect a players confidence in himself, and I think he'll come through this barren period; the goal against Hamilton showed his class.

Fair enough comment.I just feel in Forrester,MOH and Dodoo you have players that want to attack.What we need is players who attack with them and offer options.Fo example we all know MOH can get in behind defences with his speed but how often do our players give him that opportunity?Its not just getting a chance it's offering the best support to them to make the most of it.

2 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Fair enough comment.I just feel in Forrester,MOH and Dodoo you have players that want to attack.What we need is players who attack with them and offer options.Fo example we all know MOH can get in behind defences with his speed but how often do our players give him that opportunity?Its not just getting a chance it's offering the best support to them to make the most of it.

Do you think that the way oppositions play against us might be a problem for O'Halloran? I just think he looks to be short of ideas, which is why I've said he lacks creativity. I would like to see a player in midfield, rather like Kranjcar to cause that creativity that our attackers appear to need. Kranjcar was coming on to a game, and that is frustrating for him and us that he now has this injury.

Forrester on a train down south ,with a game 2 days away?

the Barton fiasco

alledged training ground bust up last week

rossiter apparently homesick

Miller raging at being subbed

tav and moh fighting?

moh just here for the money(the one I know is fact)

journalists thinking warburton is a know all

Miller saying there's players who shouldn't be here

players apparently hate training methods

sounds as if warburton has lost the players trust,to many stories going about,if that's the case he won't be here long

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Do you think that the way oppositions play against us might be a problem for O'Halloran? I just think he looks to be short of ideas, which is why I've said he lacks creativity. I would like to see a player in midfield, rather like Kranjcar to cause that creativity that our attackers appear to need. Kranjcar was coming on to a game, and that is frustrating for him and us that he now has this injury.

Yes I think you are spot on.Its not just the way teams play but our lack of quality to release and support him.Like you say this is where a Kranjcar type midfielder is vitally important.

Just now, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Yes I think you are spot on.Its not just the way teams play but our lack of quality to release and support him.Like you say this is where a Kranjcar type midfielder is vitally important.

We lack that player, as do many teams, that no coaching can do anything about, because they themselves don't even know what they are going to next. To an extent we are very predictable, and easy to play against. If we could land a midfielder who was very creative then this team could go far, and would raise the performance of many of our players.

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

the Barton fiasco

tav and moh fighting?

sounds as if warburton has lost the players trust,to many stories going about,if that's the case he won't be here long

Or perhaps they, the players Miller says shouldn't be here, won't be here long.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

We lack that player, as do many teams, that no coaching can do anything about, because they themselves don't even know what they are going to next. To an extent we are very predictable, and easy to play against. If we could land a midfielder who was very creative then this team could go far, and would raise the performance of many of our players.

We can only hope our new scouting system can spot one.

30 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

An unhappy dressing room wouldn't surprise me, we certainly don't play like a team who are on the same page.

I have thought something has been wrong behind the scenes for some considerable time. The Barton situation made me more convinced I was right.

I should also add I could be completely wrong. :pipe:

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Was noted by a few last season on here , tav is reluctant to link up with o'halloran when he is on 

You can see it clear as day.

Can't help but feel Warburtons method of everyone having an input/open debate during training and games is partly to blame for this. Fair enough this can be healthy but it seems things are boiling over and too many clashes are occurring because of it.

The Joey Barton saga is a perfect example of this and maybe other players feel they have a licence to say whatever.

I think its clear enough from a number of Warburton's post match interviews that he permits, maybe even encourages, players to speak out.    I've heard him say a few times in interviews they (players) can come to his office to discuss their progress etc.   We've heard from Warburton himself that there have been 2 episodes of heated discussions among the squad after the 5-1 game.  Who knows, there may have been another one yesterday (reaction to Miller subbed?) or today after the disappointing performance yesterday.

Point is, in encouraging an open and frank discussion there can be adverse consequences if individuals leave the discussion still with very different views of what happened / causes / blame / what to do next and still 'over-heated' about things.    

I do wonder if something like that happened in the Barton 'issue' and that Warburton could not bring the 'issue' back under some sort of control eg if Barton continued to stand his ground and Warburton could not find a way to bring the issue to an orderly close hence a decision to suspend to allow time to reflect.  But then a second heated discussion is permitted (or was it encouraged?) before the semi final but it made no iota of a difference in motivating most of the team to perform to their full potential.  Windass as good as admitted he didn't turn up for the game and doesn't know why.  

In being part of those discussions - Warburton likes to widen to collective responsibility by using the term 'group' - I do wonder if he has the strength of leadership to bring them to an orderly conclusion with clear buy-in from the squad about what they need to do as individuals and as a team.  Because week after week we are treated to the usual soundbites of learning, training hard, working hard, preparing well and so on but the evidence of improvement of the nature needed to win games against Celtic is far from visible imo.    

Will be interesting to see if Forrester is in the squad for the game on Weds.    If he is not then his form in training must be dire to be behind McKay in meriting inclusion in the squad for the game. 

13 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

the Barton fiasco

tav and moh fighting?

When things aren't going well rumours tend to go around and spread like wildfire, growing arms and legs getting escalated and blown out of proportion. It's also easier to accept and believe rumours when things aren't going well. Even if half of the above are true though (which we may never know), personally I don't see too much wrong. I'd expect Miller to be angry at being subbed. I can understand a young boy like Rossiter, who's career with us has been stop start being homesick. I can understand players coming for money. I can accept players clashing on the training ground, especially when things are't going well. And we all know journos are cunts.

IMO it seems lots of things are being blown out of proportion and IMO I would be amazed if Warburton has lost the dressing. I truly don't believe that to be the case. The only way however these kind of rumours will disappear is if we get back to winning ways and keep that winning run going........

40 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Well all the leaks with the transfers in the summer and now all this shit about bust ups.

All the leaks about transfers? We never fucking found out about half of them until they were in auchenhowie fs :lol: and all this shit about bust ups, no one even fucking knows what happened 

35 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

the Barton fiasco

tav and moh fighting?

How do you know that's a fact?

Any player not up for the fight can fuck right off regardless of who they are, happy to take all the plaudits last season when knocking over Rabs, Boabs and Tams, now its not so easy and squealing like little girls.

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

No but it's obviously not a happy camp.

We had the Barton problem.

MOH supposedly had a bust up with Tav.

2 other players arguing midweek in training, confirmed by the manager.

Rossiter supposedly homesick, or looking for an excuse to get out.

Forrester now supposedly had a fall out with the manager.

Of course the supposedlys could all be bullshit but when there's that many over a short time and with the others confirmed then they wouldn't really be a surprise.

Or people could just ignore the silly infantile pish on social media where it usually starts more often than not by the unwashed and suddenly spreads to Rangers forums asking if there is any truth in it.

Warburton also never confirmed nothing of the sort,He simply stated there was a heated debate on the training ground

Guest Lloyd72
15 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

All the leaks about transfers? We never fucking found out about half of them until they were in auchenhowie fs :lol: and all this shit about bust ups, no one even fucking knows what happened 

Everyone knew about Barton before it happened, Garner was leaked weeks before it was public knowledge, as was Rossiter, Niko, Hodson. We don't know if these are true yet tbf so can't say much, how did the info about Tav being played at RW yesterday get out before the team sheets had been released?

43 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Most rumours come from the internet/social media. Most are from faceless people hiding behind a computer. You or I could easily start a rumour right now about any of our players on here or on social media by claiming to be in the know because we know x, y or z. A few people could like it or retweet it. That could then be retweeted to a wider audience. Suddenly, a piece of nonsense we have completely made up to make ourselves seem important or relevant is banded around as fact (by some). Even if there is an element to truth to some of the stories, depending on who the source or leak may be you are only hearing their side of the story from their own biased view. It's then like Chinese whispers as each person relays it to another so the story can easily be misinterpreted. In addition the media love to stir the pot too. Case in point being Warburton's so called refusal not to speak to BT, a story he has since clarified. 

I have no doubt, like any workplace, a whole load of shit goes down behind the scenes, and some of the rumours seem very plausible. I also have no doubt that there are some genuine in the know fans who do have credible sources. There are always rumours about our club though and it's been going on for years, and as such it's impossible to keep track of what is fact or fiction. However I personally wouldn't be overly concerned by them. I guess it's up to each fan to believe what they think though as I doubt we'll never truly find out.

Right now what we all must do is rally round together, stick together and collectively do everything we can to getting back to winning ways starting on Wednesday.........

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Have O'Halloran and Forrester made the best of their opportunities these season though? I think what you're saying would be better applied to Garner and Dodoo.

Harry's played well in games I've saw him playing in, MOH hasn't had a chance, although he was decent in the QOS game if I recall?. 

Pretty sure our resident leak would have had this straight to the papers if there was anything in the Forrester rumour. That would have been a decent wee pay day and spread on the week leading up to an old firm. Im calling bullshit on this one.

When is the actual last time we have had good news? 

Its fuckin getting torture being a bear the now! We need a corner to turn, and quickly.