Forrester

Pearson83

7 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Which means that Warburton has lost the dressing room! 

I'd rather see it as the dressing room that has lost Warburton if that was the case, because none of these players are "inexpendable"; the club will stick by Warburton ahead of any player, in that was the case of course.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Yes but the manager has to be in charge - I have no issues with anyone discussing things with the manager but somehow thinking you're better then someone else and should be given a shot just because you ( the player) think so is not on! 

Agree totally on this point but not getting a chance to prove you are worthy of a starting spot when the manager himself has said it's there for everyone must be galling.

This season certain players have looked out of sorts but continually get picked.Others are getting fleeting cameo appearances or put on in wrong positions.

There is no way of knowing if by bringing in fresh faces it will make a difference but by not doing so we have the tired.predictable performance repeated again and again.

After all Gilks and Hodson haven't done too badly with their opportunities in cup games but up until now have been shunted back onto the bench immediately afterwards.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Can believe the pair of them had been fighting.

The Miller one is a bit more difficult to comprehend with him playing every week.

What I heard was Warburton came in after the parkhead game and tried to lift the players heads by saying it wasn't that bad. Miller didn't take to kindly to it and went off in one. Davie Weir to Warburton that miller was right.

One of the things that struck me when I seen the line ups was the fact that we had no real subs that could play in midfield on Sunday bar Crooks who is barely fit and only 1 defender on the bench in Senderos who has barely played. Having Forrester on the bench would have least have given some options in that department - yet when Windass went off we had Tav take his place. 

The upshot was that unless you were absolutely shocking or injured, if you started in defense or midfield on Sunday, you were not getting subbed. I know from experience that that type of thing pisses forwards off no end as they feel that unless they are brilliant they are going to get pulled at some point. Miller certainly was not happy.

A more pragmatic manager may have pulled a forward and added a midfielder or defender and hoped for penalties. Certainly with 20 mins to go I was saying to my son "i would take it going to penalties right now". What did MW do? we went with 3 forwards and made ourselves even more open than we previously were. I like MW but he is making decisions that you make in Football Manager - not the SPFL.

I can believe that MOH and Tav had a go at each other. It's almost as if they dislike each other on the pitch never mind off it. 

It's all well and good having arguments/inquests/debates etc but it's becoming that much of a regular occurrence that it just screams that the players or management are just not mentally in the right frame of mind to play or manage Rangers. 

That is the difference between an average player and a Rangers player. Barrie McKay is the prime example of this. If Forrester has fallen out with the manager over not playing then good on him because Waghorn or Mckay ain't kicked their own arses in months.

Forrester ran the show against Dundee until his poor tackle and he got subbed. Not seen since. 

Interesting theory about Rossiter. I thought when he was first signed that it was perfect we had Barton and Hill as fellow scousers in there to help him along, especially playing in the same position as Barton. Seriously looks like it's all falling apart at the moment

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Can believe the pair of them had been fighting.

The Miller one is a bit more difficult to comprehend with him playing every week.

Miller didn't look happy with the decision to take him off yesterday. I think even the commentators actually mentioned a few minutes after the sub was made that he still wasn't happy about it.

If they have had a fall out then that won't have helped it.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Miller didn't look happy with the decision to take him off yesterday. I think even the commentators actually mentioned a few minutes after the sub was made that he still wasn't happy about it.

If they have had a fall out then that won't have helped it.

Miller had every right to be pissed off imo.

Strange decision to sub him when his experience on there is vital.

20 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

True. But it was put down as end of season blues. Everything was done etc etc

True. We all assumed that though I guess. 

I'm all for dressing room bust ups, it shows they care but when it affects the relationship the players have it ends up with what's going on now. 

Wherever these rumours are coming from, they could have weight behind them. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

Miller had every right to be pissed off imo.

Strange decision to sub him when his experience on there is vital.

I agree. 

I'm guessing they must have been having words about it for a while afterwards for the commentary team to highlight it though.

It's beginning to look like there's big problems developing in the squad.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I agree. 

I'm guessing they must have been having words about it for a while afterwards for the commentary team to highlight it though.

It's beginning to look like there's big problems developing in the squad.

That's right, the commentators said something like "Kenny Miller isn't taking his substitution well and he is making no bones about it" or words to that effect.

Had it not been for the recent shite with Warburton i dare say the cameras would have been all over the bench.

Someone sitting in the vicinity might be able to shed light on it.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Regardless of what we think of him the last thing we'd need is another squad member to be out of the picture, feels like we're getting thinner and thinner 

Like the gaffers excuses tbh.

I like Mark Warburton but he needs to boot arses but he needs to sort his own deficiences before doing so.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Bad form. They are very predictable when a team run into bad form.

You think the players are leaking it all? Any players or staff caught leaking info should be sacked on the spot.

21 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Have O'Halloran and Forrester made the best of their opportunities these season though? I think what you're saying would be better applied to Garner and Dodoo.

To be honest I was being generic about any player.Think it is  hard to make an impression if you don't get a run of games to gel into the team.I have been more impressed with Fortester and MOH as at least they seem to want to drive forward.Its just a shame that on too many occassions no one else was willing to go with them when they hit the byline and crossed the ball.

Same  with Dodoo he at least tries to be attacking and isn't easily pushed off the ball.Garner is a certain type of forward but MW knew that when he bought him and may still come good given some proper service.

Thing is if these players and others on the fringe don't get a proper,and I don't mean 30 mins here and 15 there,run in the team then it's difficult to build up understandings.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

You think the players are leaking it all? Any players or staff caught leaking info should be sacked on the spot.

players blame everything but themselves - and leak accordingly. I actually found it refreshing to hear you Windass say he just didn't turn up - at least he is honest that he was just not on it.