***The Official Hearts V Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

From what I have seen of hearts this season - (which admittedly isnt much) they look a very tidy outfit going forward, but a bit suspect at the back. They did look fit and strong and in Sammon and Watt had two strikers that looked good.

However given Hearts have dropped these two recently (because they weren't actually that good) I have seen nothing of Muirhead and Johnsen other than the fact Johnsen appears to be scoring for fun the last couple of games and that they are still a very attacking team.

I just fear the worst. We have ridden our luck to get three points from each of the last two games at the death and if hearts score first i feel there is the potential for them to run away with it. We definitely need to up our level a bit and take our chances if we are going to get a result here.

This is a game we could lose even if we had better players; it's one of the toughest places to go for any game- Hearts are a good side at home. If Hill is fit I would rather see him back in the side; the CD did okay in the last match, but Hill has proved to be a steady head at the back, and his experience is vital.  I like Garner, but I think we should keep the ball a bit more, throughout the side, and would have Dodoo in his place. 

Foderingham

Tavernier, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace

Halliday

Windass,    Holt

O'Halloran, Dodoo, Miller.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

From what I have seen of hearts this season - (which admittedly isnt much) they look a very tidy outfit going forward, but a bit suspect at the back. They did look fit and strong and in Sammon and Watt had two strikers that looked good.

However given Hearts have dropped these two recently (because they weren't actually that good) I have seen nothing of Muirhead and Johnsen other than the fact Johnsen appears to be scoring for fun the last couple of games and that they are still a very attacking team.

I just fear the worst. We have ridden our luck to get three points from each of the last two games at the death and if hearts score first i feel there is the potential for them to run away with it. We definitely need to up our level a bit and take our chances if we are going to get a result here.

Just because we scored at the end vs Dundee doesn't mean we were lucky.. we more than deserved to win that game. Partick yes we were really fortunate.  Anyone would think it's only Rangers that score in the last minute

6 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Just because we scored at the end vs Dundee doesn't mean we were lucky.. we more than deserved to win that game. Partick yes we were really fortunate.  Anyone would think it's only Rangers that score in the last minute

no i dont think that, but if the ref gives 2 mins injury time the games are done - and we have 2 points from those games not 6. 

Guest Lloyd72
6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Makes it even more baffling that we signed him them in that case. You would think a club like us historically would learn our lesson on that front. 

It was worth taking the risk with the potential and quality he has, IF we can get him fit and away from these niggling injuries we'll have some player on our hands.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

It was worth taking the risk with the potential and quality he has, IF we can get him fit and away from these niggling injuries we'll have some player on our hands.

Suppose that's true.

250k is a low-end gamble but somethings not right with these signings and their injuries. 

Why does the Tynecastle myth continue to rumble on? We've got a good record there and even the team we had in the championship went 2-0 up there, only to do their usual and implode. 

It's hardly an intimidating place. The only time I remember it being intimidating was the night Ricksen scored the last min penalty. 

I think we'll do a job there. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

Suppose that's true.

250k is a low-end gamble but somethings not right with these signings and their injuries. 

I agree but tbf, when we bought windass when he had a decent injury record and after he was signed on a pre contract he got that long term injury and never fully recovered it seems same with Crooks, Kranjcar was different and we did get him back to a decent standard of fitness but then he got fucked again. Senderos was just a shit panic buy though.

I think Rossiter was a calculated risk with his price and at only 19 we have plenty of time to get him back to full fitness then have him playing regular football again.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

We definitely need to up our level a bit and take our chances if we are going to get a result here.

Totally agree with this as this for me has been our main weakness.We are not playing well and its the whole team not just one or two players but when you are playing poor it is vital that  that those few chances you do get are put away.Our goals for this season is well pish,nobody can deny that unfortunately.

My concern is that we'll shite it under the intense atmosphere at Tynecastle with the fans right on top of the players.

I hope I'm wrong; I hope we pass them off the park and take our chances, but two late goals (both of which our opponents will have been disappointwd to concede) against Dundee and Partick Thistle have allowed us to enter this game outwith a crisis.

53 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why does the Tynecastle myth continue to rumble on? We've got a good record there and even the team we had in the championship went 2-0 up there, only to do their usual and implode. 

It's hardly an intimidating place. The only time I remember it being intimidating was the night Ricksen scored the last min penalty. 

I think we'll do a job there. 

Thinks it's just mainly down to the fact that in the bigger games we don't seem to get the results away from home. I think the jury is still out as to whether or not this team has the bottle for these kind of games. We all saw what happened when we went to Pittodrie and the piggery. Even Easter Road last season and the Scottish cup final could be used as examples aswell.

16 minutes ago, RFCJoshy1690 said:

I fear we might be looking at an injury or two on our side as hearts seem to be a bit of a physical and dirty side 

You may have a point with Dodoo but other than that I doubt it.

They'll target Garner since he's a hothead and will react though. 

40 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Thinks it's just mainly down to the fact that in the bigger games we don't seem to get the results away from home. I think the jury is still out as to whether or not this team has the bottle for these kind of games. We all saw what happened when we went to Pittodrie and the piggery. Even Easter Road last season and the Scottish cup final could be used as examples aswell.

We outplayed Aberdeen and were a dodgy decision away from coming home with a point, which is seen as a decent result for past Rangers teams. 

Yes I agree we got a doing at cellic park, no question. Although if Mckays effort goes in were in the ascendancy. 

Last seasons Easter road games were strange. We hammered them, then next time we played we went 3 at the back n got beat then the last game was poor due to just winning the league. 

I agree about the players mentality. Almost all are from lower leagues in England where going away from home and picking up a point or suffering a narrow defeat is seen as almost ok. Its a different story up here and something MW still hasn't rattled into them. He always says when he first came Weir said if we were playing Barca tomorrow the fans would expect a result. Nothing has changed and I'd hope MW is hammering home that kind of attitude