Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

What are all the other clubs doing? What about sporting intergrity? And what are our board doing about Hibs and the fact they knew and said fuck all to us? 

Time our board made a statement without mentioning the clubs names but spell out the facts and ask are the SFA up to the job as we have zero confidence in them.

We should take the lead to cleanse our game from these evil evil men and demand clubs responsible hammered like  never before.

The SFA should have suspended both by now and not doing so proves they are not up to this and think a slap on the wrist is good enough.

They are trying their damnest to get us Just so the punishment will not be so severe, but if we covered up anything then I would expect nothing but the same as I wouldn't walk back into  Ibrox. 

Watp and do not cover kiddy abuse ???

Definitely, I'm afraid us individuals phoning the SFA will result in nothing happening. 

I don't like comparing what happened to us in regards to EBTs to what that scum did but their board was quick to send out a statement regarding EBT's. Our board need to step up to the mark or fuckoff!!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nothing will come of this regarding the tarriers 

They let an known abuser back in, others abused once he was let back in will now sue the club. This is far too big too go away. 

Celtic telling abuse victims to call the police ? Why? Did they call the police in the early 70's? No victims should call a lawyer and sue the arses of them, for the said abuse and the loss of earnings they would have earned as a player. 

Celtic and Hibs are fucked as both have committed crimes at board level and the public will demand justice , not just football fans 

A pedophile is a pedophile who conned the club to abuse boys,  yes unfortunately it can happen , but to then cover it up and more kids are abused because of it is a crime.

"t said Celtic Boys’ Club was a 
“separate and distinct” organisation from Celtic FC, but asked anyone with concerns to contact them.

The statement added: “A large number of football clubs across Britain have been impacted by these historical issues. Celtic Football Club considers it of the utmost importance that 
football, other sports organisations and all areas of society ensure that the
issue of safeguarding is given the
attention it deserves.”

Celtic Boys’ Club were unavailable for comment last night."

They really are a dispicable bunch of scum bastards. I would have a bit more respect for them if they finally admit that they have a serious issue with child abuse and it's time to face up to it and take the consequences of their failures. 

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Celtic telling abuse victims to call the police ? Why? Did they call the police in the early 70's? No victims should call a lawyer and sue the arses of them, for the said abuse and the loss of earnings they would have earned as a player. 

Their Champions  lesgue money should be siezed for compo to the victims 

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

What are all the other clubs doing? What about sporting intergrity? And what are our board doing about Hibs and the fact they knew and said fuck all to us? 

Time our board made a statement without mentioning the clubs names but spell out the facts and ask are the SFA up to the job as we have zero confidence in them.

We should take the lead to cleanse our game from these evil evil men and demand clubs responsible hammered like  never before.

The SFA should have suspended both by now and not doing so proves they are not up to this and think a slap on the wrist is good enough.

They are trying their damnest to get us Just so the punishment will not be so severe, but if we covered up anything then I would expect nothing but the same as I wouldn't walk back into  Ibrox. 

Watp and do not cover kiddy abuse ???

I don't ever visit other fan forums but I was wondering what opinions other clubs fans were saying regarding all of these obvious cover up's, surely we are not the only fans being accused of "point scoring".

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

"t said Celtic Boys’ Club was a 
“separate and distinct” organisation from Celtic FC, but asked anyone with concerns to contact them.

The statement added: “A large number of football clubs across Britain have been impacted by these historical issues. Celtic Football Club considers it of the utmost importance that 
football, other sports organisations and all areas of society ensure that the
issue of safeguarding is given the
attention it deserves.”

Celtic Boys’ Club were unavailable for comment last night."

They really are a dispicable bunch of scum bastards. I would have a bit more respect for them if they finally admit that they have a serious issue with child abuse and it's time to face up to it and take the consequences of their failures. 

If the  boys club are nothing to do with Celtic then why are they never out the Celtic view?  Company terms yes but legal terms no, and let's not forget the minutes of the meeting regarding Torbett also dissapered . How very strange that this would happen at such an important meeting. 

No us bears need to jam their phone lines all next week and demand they suspend Petrie and Liewell and our board should be leading the charge 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

:lol: That massive 5 second of news there on the bbc.  

A former official at Celtic Boys Club has been charged in connection with alleged historical sexual offences.

The BBC understands that the man is Frank Cairney who was a former coach and manager at the boys club.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: "An 81-year-old man has been detained and charged in connection with non-recent sexual offences."

It is understood that Mr Cairney will appear in court on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Cairney apparently, Burns Pal.

:tu: Yip.  Right on the back of the Rangers  court case, a wee "learned in the last hour".

This should be headline or at least high up on the reporting.  Maybe tomorrow, hmmmmm.  If they got news of it within the hour it should be highlighted at the opening sequence, not crammed in after the Rangers case.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

:tu: Yip.  Right on the back of the Rangers  court case, a wee "learned in the last hour".

This should be headline or at least high up on the reporting.  Maybe tomorrow, hmmmmm.  If they got news of it within the hour it should be highlighted at the opening sequence, not crammed in after the Rangers case.

It's fucking sickening.

8 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

I get where you're coming from MBL - but I live in hope - that's five fucking seconds more than would normally have been offered. Maybe, just fucking maybe, the tide is turning.

They have a chance here to piggyback the show from the other week.  Things the public have known for decades that have been hidden.

If it wasn't for the cases coming to light in England, nobody in the press / news up here would be anywhere near this.

I hope your hope isn't quashed mate.

7 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Aye, the same man Burns said of

"He has the whole backing of me, and of this football club"

Nothing to do with Celtic though. Separate Entity. Like Sevco, but without the peedos

I wonder exactly what it was Burns said to Strachan that "won't go any further". 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Rangers always come first, we are the biggest and most newsworthy club in the country

53 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I wonder exactly what it was Burns said to Strachan that "won't go any further". 

What was that about? I didn't even know that Burns was in any way implicated in this or a friend of Cairney, I'm embarrassed to admit I thought he was a good guy. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What was that about? I didn't even know that Burns was in any way implicated in this or a friend of Cairney, I'm embarrassed to admit I thought he was a good guy. 

Just a quote he made that a conversation had taken place when he visited and it wouldn't go any further when queried about it.  My bad mind!!

Aren't they all good guys? :lol:  Dread to think what has been going on through the years in that rat hole.  And I don't just mean since Torbett.

Archived