Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

16 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

So Big Jock Knew and Tommy too?

Fucking Disgusting!!!!

Not sure of the significance of this but Tommy Burns was friends with Hugh Stevenson from his time playing for Eastecraigs in the late sixties before joining Celtic Boys Club.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank Cairney was the cunt that scum supporters actually quoted to defend Jock Stein and imply they handled it all above board.

Cairney was Torbett's manager and then you had McCafferty who's currently charged and Cullen who stored indecent images in a cupboard in their main stand and was convicted.

Four sex criminals that all worked together in one institution to further their disgusting, twisted ways. That's more than a coincidence and you have to wonder about the whole culture that allowed that to fester and the larger organisation that started that club and has also had that sickness.

It's in their DNA, from their sorry, sordid inception.

Yet Scottish football spent years worrying about songs and lyrics before they gleefully feasted upon financial woes, complete with heavy, haughty moralising. They have no moral high ground. They're up to their eyes in a cesspit.

The media and so called journalists in this country are complicit in the abuse of children. There can be no other way of explaining their silence of well known, decades old abuse by people they are covering for, apart from being involved in some way.

I grew up in the late seventies early eighties, and even I, being so young and naive, knew of this.

Scottish journalists know. They know it all.

They are covering it up and may they rot in hell along with the perpetrators.

Been thinking about the new mantra .the separate entity nonsense 

If it was separate and the beggar board had no jurisdiction over the boys club .then why did stein have the power to have Torbet removed 

I'ts as much a separate entity as RFC were to MIH 

23 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Been thinking about the new mantra .the separate entity nonsense 

If it was separate and the beggar board had no jurisdiction over the boys club .then why did stein have the power to have Torbet removed 

I'ts as much a separate entity as RFC were to MIH 

The sick bastards had the power to abuse the children solely because they had the jurisdiction to either make or break the kids football career with scum fc. Brazil is evidence of that, a good football player that didn't make it through the system and today he blames Torbett for it. The others were giving the same power as Torbett, using it for their own perversion. Scum fc turned a blind eye to this at best, that should end that horrible club. 

1 hour ago, Keeps01 said:

The media and so called journalists in this country are complicit in the abuse of children. There can be no other way of explaining their silence of well known, decades old abuse by people they are covering for, apart from being involved in some way.

I grew up in the late seventies early eighties, and even I, being so young and naive, knew of this.

Scottish journalists know. They know it all.

They are covering it up and may they rot in hell along with the perpetrators.

Today the Evening Story about Cairney had slipped right down to news article 46,   sickening 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Perhaps I'm being naive here but I think the lack of reporting this in the media is due to it being a live investigation

Sure, I'm hoping this is the case too or we really are up against some serious people doing some serious covering-up. I think it's a bit of both tbh and also that there is an iceberg bigger than the 1912 Titanic one with the potential to lock up quite a few very big names. Reading on here and especially the FF thread in the last 24 hrs is making me sick to the pit of my stomach, that there are people capable of these horrific events. Rancid fucking church and it's followers.

Is it just me or are there really too many oirish kafflicks involved? Is it an oirish problem?

5 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Sure, I'm hoping this is the case too or we really are up against some serious people doing some serious covering-up. I think it's a bit of both tbh and also that there is an iceberg bigger than the 1912 Titanic one with the potential to lock up quite a few very big names. Reading on here and especially the FF thread in the last 24 hrs is making me sick to the pit of my stomach, that there are people capable of these horrific events. Rancid fucking church and it's followers.

Is it just me or are there really too many oirish kafflicks involved? Is it an oirish problem?

Well we know that the likes of Saville and the cardinal have connections to each other and THEM and they are connected to the likes of Carlisle FC and through Saville to politicians and high ranking police so a cover up could well be the case.

Think this tweet says a lot..

Time to grow up & address the Child Abuse Scandal

Debate around Scottish football has always been woefully immature due to the fact every issue is viewed through the prism of Old Firm rivalry.  Thankfully football is just a game and the vast majority of the issues we indulge in daft point-scoring debates over are hilarious trivialities from masonic referees to conspiracy theories about football clubs being dead.  

That's all fine and if we're honest it is at times a welcome escape from the actual football which has declined in quality for years.  What isn't fine is to adopt the same us v them view when it comes to debating the protection of our children and the best way to get justice for large number of people who appear to have been victims of child abuse at football clubs.  

To be absolutely clear:

If you are a Rangers fan chanting "paedo's" at Celtic fans you are part of the problem.

If you are a Celtic fan demanding people don't debate the issue as it's a bizarre conspiracy to distract from the pantomime of the Whyte trial you are part of the problem.

If you are a journalist like Graham Spiers who's only contribution to the debate is to luidicrously point-score about the fact some people are point-scoring then you are part of the problem.

If you are a supposed "new media" site like the Scottish Football Monitor claiming to highlight issues of governance in our game whilst ignoring the biggest issue of governance our game has ever faced you are part of the problem.

I appreciate this is a difficult issue to discuss particularly given there are court cases upcoming for several of the alleged perpetrators but that should not be an excuse for us to bury our head in the sands.  I also accept I'm a fucking idiot on twitter who is much better suited to driving debate on the aforementioned trivialities of our game than a serious issue like this so I implore those with larger platforms to tackle the issues below:

Mandatory Reporting

This is the mealy-mouthed SFA regulation on this issue currently:   It is everyone's responsibility to report any concerns about abuse and the responsibility of the Social Work Department and the Police to conduct, where appropriate, a joint investigation. The role of the Social Work Department is to carry out a risk assessment and it is for the Police to determine whether a criminal offence has occurred.

This is unacceptable, if a club has concerns about someone they should face serious sanctions if they don't report to the authorities & to the SFA who can review the individual's licence & prevent them working elsewhere.  This is common sense & needs implementing now so it's not acceptable to accept the SFA line of "och we'll sort it out in a few months once we get round to doing our wee Review".  

As it stands today Scottish football club could sack a paedophile, report them to the police but during an investigation which could last several months that paedophile could go and abuse kids at another club.  

Compensation Funds for Victims

This is not covered in the remit of the SFA's review which is focused on "learning the lessons".  My view is that every club should be forced to set up a fund to compensate any child who suffered abuse under their care.  This should be done voluntarily without those victims having to force them through the courts and if club's don't put appropriate arrangements in place the SFA should simply deprive them of a licence.  

Rangers and Celtic fans should be pressuring their own clubs and demanding they lead by example on this issue.  As a Rangers fan if children in our care were found to be abused I simply will not accept "oh that was the Oldco's problem and I'm certain Celtic fans would find "ah we set the boys club up as a separate entity so it was just an affiliated feeder club" similarly unacceptable.

How Do We Stop This Happening Again?

This is the big question and many will correctly point out that the SFA Review is set up to answer that very question.  This doesn't mean we should sit silently and idly by waiting for that to happen.  We should be having an adult conversation about the minimum expectations of the SFA's Review so that when it is announced we can decide whether to accept their findings or challenge and pressure them to go further.

This issue isn't going to go away, it's time for Scotland's media and those passionate about our game to grow up and discuss it properly.

16 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Unless new revelations come out with him I don't think anything else can happen to him now as he "served his time" and actually got punished with jail time.

Was that BBC program of a couple of weeks ago not a new piece of evidence against him. I'm losing score on who did what and when. Maybe mcafferty has some fresh stuff.

51 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Was that BBC program of a couple of weeks ago not a new piece of evidence against him. I'm losing score on who did what and when. Maybe mcafferty has some fresh stuff.

I don't know I didn't watch the program but I hope that every single person responsible gets caught and punished regardless of club.

There would have been absolutely NO mention of any of this in the Scottish Media if the stories of child abuse in football had not broke south of the border. This was well and truly buried and all we sre getting now is a cursory mention due to the police involvment. There is no desire in the media to report this, pursue justice for the victims, or to seek punishment for the indviduals and organisations involved.

It is pathetic snivelling complicity. The MSM should be ashamed of themselves. 

2 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

New beast accusations mate.  But conveniently he was out of the country!

2 hours ago, Borders Loyal said:

Think this tweet says a lot..

Time to grow up & address the Child Abuse Scandal

Debate around Scottish football has always been woefully immature due to the fact every issue is viewed through the prism of Old Firm rivalry.  Thankfully football is just a game and the vast majority of the issues we indulge in daft point-scoring debates over are hilarious trivialities from masonic referees to conspiracy theories about football clubs being dead.  

That's all fine and if we're honest it is at times a welcome escape from the actual football which has declined in quality for years.  What isn't fine is to adopt the same us v them view when it comes to debating the protection of our children and the best way to get justice for large number of people who appear to have been victims of child abuse at football clubs.  

To be absolutely clear:

If you are a Rangers fan chanting "paedo's" at Celtic fans you are part of the problem.

If you are a Celtic fan demanding people don't debate the issue as it's a bizarre conspiracy to distract from the pantomime of the Whyte trial you are part of the problem.

If you are a journalist like Graham Spiers who's only contribution to the debate is to luidicrously point-score about the fact some people are point-scoring then you are part of the problem.

If you are a supposed "new media" site like the Scottish Football Monitor claiming to highlight issues of governance in our game whilst ignoring the biggest issue of governance our game has ever faced you are part of the problem.

I appreciate this is a difficult issue to discuss particularly given there are court cases upcoming for several of the alleged perpetrators but that should not be an excuse for us to bury our head in the sands.  I also accept I'm a fucking idiot on twitter who is much better suited to driving debate on the aforementioned trivialities of our game than a serious issue like this so I implore those with larger platforms to tackle the issues below:

Mandatory Reporting

This is the mealy-mouthed SFA regulation on this issue currently:   It is everyone's responsibility to report any concerns about abuse and the responsibility of the Social Work Department and the Police to conduct, where appropriate, a joint investigation. The role of the Social Work Department is to carry out a risk assessment and it is for the Police to determine whether a criminal offence has occurred.

This is unacceptable, if a club has concerns about someone they should face serious sanctions if they don't report to the authorities & to the SFA who can review the individual's licence & prevent them working elsewhere.  This is common sense & needs implementing now so it's not acceptable to accept the SFA line of "och we'll sort it out in a few months once we get round to doing our wee Review".  

As it stands today Scottish football club could sack a paedophile, report them to the police but during an investigation which could last several months that paedophile could go and abuse kids at another club.  

Compensation Funds for Victims

This is not covered in the remit of the SFA's review which is focused on "learning the lessons".  My view is that every club should be forced to set up a fund to compensate any child who suffered abuse under their care.  This should be done voluntarily without those victims having to force them through the courts and if club's don't put appropriate arrangements in place the SFA should simply deprive them of a licence.  

Rangers and Celtic fans should be pressuring their own clubs and demanding they lead by example on this issue.  As a Rangers fan if children in our care were found to be abused I simply will not accept "oh that was the Oldco's problem and I'm certain Celtic fans would find "ah we set the boys club up as a separate entity so it was just an affiliated feeder club" similarly unacceptable.

How Do We Stop This Happening Again?

This is the big question and many will correctly point out that the SFA Review is set up to answer that very question.  This doesn't mean we should sit silently and idly by waiting for that to happen.  We should be having an adult conversation about the minimum expectations of the SFA's Review so that when it is announced we can decide whether to accept their findings or challenge and pressure them to go further.

This issue isn't going to go away, it's time for Scotland's media and those passionate about our game to grow up and discuss it properly.

Who's tweeted that?

Amazing how every story concerning that vile mobs penchant for children ends with a piece on Neely....like they are trying to even the score yet they know fine well the abuse done by neely was done at other clubs....one incident of an innappropeiate comment and it was dealt with imediately in the correct manner. 

It ahould also be noted that shelliks spoonburning cousins from the east hibs failed to notify Rangers of neelys tampering.

21 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Amazing how every story concerning that vile mobs penchant for children ends with a piece on Neely....like they are trying to even the score yet they know fine well the abuse done by neely was done at other clubs....one incident of an innappropeiate comment and it was dealt with imediately in the correct manner. 

It ahould also be noted that shelliks spoonburning cousins from the east hibs failed to notify Rangers of neelys tampering.

Neely might be a sick  bastard but using that cunt as some sort of whataboutary to merely reflect from the main story is what's known as "point scoring"

Neely is dead but the police are still in my view rightly investigating him. The same needs to apply to Stein.

12 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Perhaps I'm being naive here but I think the lack of reporting this in the media is due to it being a live investigation.

Well it hasn't stopped the Edinburgh evening news having a front page headline dedicated to an Edinburgh businessman being charged with sex offences 

Funny how the boys club is meant to be a separate entity but still has the same stop negative Celtic stories in the media situation 

Archived