Latest from VB, Celtic Peado Ring?

Loyalist_RFC

Interesting stuff.

You get the impression that the SFA and the Govt don't want to touch it. Listened to John Swinney last night saying essentially that an extended government inquiry would take too long and that some independent enquiry should be set up by the SFA. You could see he didn't want to have anything to do with it and would much rather the inquiry started from elsewhere. I wonder why. If you can regard abuse in care as important enough to get involved, why not abuse in football, rather than knocking it back to an organisation that have been implicated in it as well?

The only clear call I've heard so far (other than amongst Rangers fans) for an inquiry to include those that covered things up was from a woman on BBC Radio Scotland today who in her final sentence asked for exactly that. Everyone else seems to be avoiding that aspect so far. Given that the police and the SFA are about to meet with such groups to 'open communications', you have to hope that the victim's groups won't let that bit rest. Because it sounded a little like the SFA were heading down the road of doing exactly that and avoiding it. They'd just been to a meeting with the police before the radio piece, and one quote from them sounded suspiciously like they were trying to pass all responsibility to the police, who, although they would be well placed to investigate and deal with abusers, would be far less likely to have any powers to deal with people and organisations that had failed to report abuse.

Given the importance of ensuring that abuse isn't covered up in the future, someone needs to take the bulls by the horns. It should be the government. Which is exactly what the victim's group said; That the SFA are too close to the issue, and the government should take it on, not least because there's every chance that it could branch into other sports. They're right. Swinney is where the pressure should be applied. At the end of the day, if people that should be investigating this don't, they become implicated in the cover up themselves.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Interesting stuff.

You get the impression that the SFA and the Govt don't want to touch it. Listened to John Swinney last night saying essentially that an extended government inquiry would take too long and that some independent enquiry should be set up by the SFA. You could see he didn't want to have anything to do with it and would much rather the inquiry started from elsewhere. I wonder why. If you can regard abuse in care as important enough to get involved, why not abuse in football, rather than knocking it back to an organisation that have been implicated in it as well?

The only clear call I've heard so far (other than amongst Rangers fans) for an inquiry to include those that covered things up was from a woman on BBC Radio Scotland today who in her final sentence asked for exactly that. Everyone else seems to be avoiding that aspect so far. Given that the police and the SFA are about to meet with such groups to 'open communications', you have to hope that the victim's groups won't let that bit rest. Because it sounded a little like the SFA were heading down the road of doing exactly that and avoiding it. They'd just been to a meeting with the police before the radio piece, and one quote from them sounded suspiciously like they were trying to pass all responsibility to the police, who, although they would be well placed to investigate and deal with abusers, would be far less likely to have any powers to deal with people and organisations that had failed to report abuse.

Given the importance of ensuring that abuse isn't covered up in the future, someone needs to take the bulls by the horns. It should be the government. Which is exactly what the victim's group said; That the SFA are too close to the issue, and the government should take it on, not least because there's every chance that it could branch into other sports. They're right. Swinney is where the pressure should be applied. At the end of the day, if people that should be investigating this don't, they become implicated in the cover up themselves.

Excellent post mate, from a distance I have been trying to understand why the Scottish government are distancing themselves from opening up another independent investigation into abuse in football/sport, lack of funds or for it taking to long are not legitimate excuses, not when I suspect that the funds would be made available if another referendum were to be called, so what can the real reason be for them to drag their heels or try to pass the buck to some other organization?, is it really that they are scared of losing the catholic vote?,that rings hollow with me as surely it would only be the celtic vote that they would risk losing and even then I suspect not all of the scum fans would use that as an excuse to not vote for them, is the thought of losing the vote of a football clubs supporters enough to distance themselves from taking the proper coarse of action? I honestly can't see that being the reason, so where do we look next, .....blackmail, doubt that, it would have to involve too many people, only reasonable excuse I can think of is that they don't want to get involved in a political war of words with opposition parties, and if that is their real excuse then they are cowards of the highest order, the reason they are in government is that the people of Scotland chose them to serve and protect the rights of the people of Scotland, and not to shy away from tough decisions when time for leadership beckons.

As you said at the end of your post, if they do not take leadership in what is becoming a National scandal then they can consider themselves complicit in a cover up news event that could possibly go around the globe, do they really want to take the chance on that?.

The club photographer's indecent images were apparently stored in a locker at the piggery. 

Same old scum from ra shelterers.

And to think, they've been trying to claim the moral high ground in relation to tax and sectarianism, the latter of which they, along with the two Hibernians, introduced to the Scottish game.

Both versions of Hibs and ra shelterers all began with a formal policy of religious exclusionism.

Yet we get the rap? doh 

And in the background they've been up to this sort of heinous activity?

Never let a shelterers' fan lecture you on morality. Just tell them, "Wait a minute! You cunts sheltered a paedophile ring!"

There are even rumours about Brother Walfrid and why he was asked to leave Ireland and then Glasgow, latterly to set up "The Poor Children's Dinner Table" in London.

I reckon it's been at their core since their sordid inception.  

They talk all day long about point scoring and EBT'S but the fact is from the Boardroom all the way down to their fans ,when it comes to child abuse the SILENCE is deafening .  They have yet another chance to right the wrongs of their shameful past but choose to ignore it and condemn anyone looking to learn from their clubs historical abuse. The problem with this is that Torbets claim as recently as a few days ago that Alan Brazil invented his abuse claims makes it current and opens the wounds up again for the real victims. 

21 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

They talk all day long about point scoring and EBT'S but the fact is from the Boardroom all the way down to their fans ,when it comes to child abuse the SILENCE is deafening .  They have yet another chance to right the wrongs of their shameful past but choose to ignore it and condemn anyone looking to learn from their clubs historical abuse. The problem with this is that Torbets claim as recently as a few days ago that Alan Brazil invented his abuse claims makes it current and opens the wounds up again for the real victims. 

When any scum bastard has accused us of point scoring I've always replied "do you think it's some sort of game you imbicile, for christ's sake some victims have committed suicide because they couldn't handle the shame" fuckin' muppets.

Has this subject made it to air during the Radio Clyde football phone in? 

Or are they still full of fifty year old obsessives who are still fixating on the 2011 European participation of a Club they claim no longer exists, while waxing lyrical about the merits of a virtue called sporting integrity that they clearly don't understand?

Title stripping should certainly on the agenda. They'll probably consider themselves unlucky that Torbett joined them. Especially since he joined them in 1967.

9 hours ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

Outstanding yet again from The VBs. (tu)

Short and 100% factual. Just whats needed when spreading the vile filths history.

10 copies printed and will be pinned up all over my work tomorrow.

I'm quite sure there are some on here or in the VB who will have a very very large dossier of events, court cases and "join the dots" connections to all the recent discussions. If there is then would it be reasonable to upload, for every decent human to download and email and/or distribute far and wide, to UEFA, FIFA, TV stations, news corporations, local MP, Scottish parliament, UK government, SKY, the English FA and even French speaking Swiss newsPAPErs.

Public outcry can make things change you know!