What do we need to get back to the top?

OzGers

12 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Holt for his effort. Hill cause he's done well. Foderingham because he's saved us more than anyone.

Pretty damning eh, especially when 1 is for saving us as you say.

Rangers used to have a team of captains. Now? 

We've always had players who had limited ability but by fuck they deserved their jersey for their drive, desire, solidness, strength in so many ways. I long for some of these players, players who do the graft required for the skillful players to be able to do their stuff.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Holt for his effort. Hill cause he's done well. Foderingham because he's saved us more than anyone.

POTY for effort :lol: Never mind the lack of ability shown on the pitch then.

0 goals, 0 assists in the league I'm sure his stats are. But he runs about and finds space :dunno:

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

POTY for effort :lol: Never mind the lack of ability shown on the pitch then.

0 goals, 0 assists in the league I'm sure his stats are. But he runs about and finds space :dunno:

I was asked to pick 3 players. I chose 3. Holt doesn't hide in games, he actually tries. He's just not good enough to be a first team player. That was the 3 players I would choose. Who's your three then if you had to choose?

11 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Disagree. I thought the tactics was fine. It was the players that didn't actually take their chances. First 25 mins St.Johnstone had no shots on target, we was running the show. Its when we lost the goal the players heads dropped. That isn't the managers fault. What is the managers fault is he signed these players to play for us. Whether he had no choice but to sign these players due to our financial position or he actually wanted them. 1.8 million on Garner suggests he wanted them cause we do have some sort of money.

How many times this season have we lost or almost lost goals due to the short passing from the back tactics MW likes?

Yeah I know Kiernan takes the fault for last night but he and the other CBs are instructed to play suicidal balls across our own box by MW.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Pretty damning eh, especially when 1 is for saving us as you say.

Rangers used to have a team of captains. Now? 

We've always had players who had limited ability but by fuck they deserved their jersey for their drive, desire, solidness, strength in so many ways. I long for some of these players, players who do the graft required for the skillful players to be able to do their stuff.

Yup, pretty damning indeed. We'll get back to those days of having the grafters and skilled players who can actually play for a club like Rangers. 

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

How many times this season have we lost or almost lost goals due to the short passing from the back tactics MW likes?

Yeah I know Kiernan takes the fault for last night but he and the other CBs are instructed to play suicidal balls across our own box by MW.

It wasn't suicidal. He misjudged the pass. His pass was short for Foderingham. Had he passed the ball directly at Foderingham, the St.Johnstone player wouldn't have got the ball like he did.

3 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

It'd be a start, because as of now we don't have anybody with spare few bob to part with.

I get what you're saying. But we already have millionaires at the club. You can't run a club like Rangers who are making a loss if you don't have money to cover the losses. This was my point in another thread. The business has to grow. Or we need a billionaire who ia prepared to cover all our loses while we seek all the glory. The fact is nobody is going to do that, its suicide. Not only as a businessman lose money but also put the club in jeopardy. We need to spend but not recklessly.

New centre halfs, a whole new midfield including a decent holding midfielder and a creative sort and a couple of strikers who can score 15 goals a season each minimum 

maybe even a new manager too - there's a debate to be had if people want to wake up and be honest with themselves 

20 million should do it 

that's the reality for me 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

New centre halfs, a whole new midfield including a decent holding midfielder and a creative sort and a couple of strikers who can score 15 goals a season each minimum 

maybe even a new manager too - there's a debate to be had if people want to wake up and be honest with themselves 

20 million should do it 

that's the reality for me 

Genuine question here. The 20 million you say should do it. Is that 20 million straight on players? Or would that be split with wages etc?

54 minutes ago, OzGers said:

Not sure a lot of money is actually required.

we certainly need to get better with pre contracts- imagine we got jota on a free? There is a quality addition right there 

if we can manage to spend 5mill in summer for possible europe, we can easily get 2 quality signings plus a few pre/frees and a quality loan

Sounds like title winning, Euro qualifying aspriations, not. The scum are spending more than double than we are. Look what they paid for BR plus his wages. He isn't here to beat us, but to do it in Europe. We are not at the races in competing with them. We have become inconsequential to them, except for making a few quid from the traditional rivalry. We are the brunt of bad jokes and a source of demeaning entertainment to them. Imagine them sitting watching the box last night at our spectacle and not for the first time. Now WTF would you be thinking?

Reality check. This squad is one of inconsistent mediocrity, from back to front. Can't blame them for it as they are what they are. Bad enough we toil against the likes of Thistle, Ross County and so on, but we are actually talking of an assault on Europe. We couldn't get past the Europa qualifiers ffs.

Who is good enough in this squad to take us forward? McKay, if he can turn in consistency. Miller a great servant is now too old and Wallace is struggling. So outwith McKay and the keeper and whilst even Fod's is not bad he can't do passing out from the back which is our system. In another time, who in this squad would get anywhere the starting line up?

We need at least another 8 outfield players who can start, of much better ability, some physicaility and with the right mental toughness and attitude. Keep the best of the rest in what we already have and there isn't many. We are threadbare, with little or any quality.

None of it happening of course unless we take the fight to King and get him to shit or get off the pot, because the current course that we are on with under investment, we will see the scum taking 10 IAR.

3 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Genuine question here. The 20 million you say should do it. Is that 20 million straight on players? Or would that be split with wages etc?

Transfers 

this argument with wages, signing on fees, agents fees, taxis from the airport, dinner bill during signing talks etc is a fairly recent thing that people throw in usually the type of people who justify the non spend to make their point 

12 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

I get what you're saying. But we already have millionaires at the club. You can't run a club like Rangers who are making a loss if you don't have money to cover the losses. This was my point in another thread. The business has to grow. Or we need a billionaire who ia prepared to cover all our loses while we seek all the glory. The fact is nobody is going to do that, its suicide. Not only as a businessman lose money but also put the club in jeopardy. We need to spend but not recklessly.

Then you are settling for second best whilst this board remain in power and sit back and watch the scum take 10 IAR. They are devoid of more creativity than our midfield. They couldn't spell growth, far less recognise it if they fell over it and neither do they give a fuck such is there agenda with the loans to equity deal. Rangers men, my fucking erse.

3 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Genuine question here. Are you a complete cock ?

No I'm not. I'm asking a question. Are you a wee fanny thinking you're something when you're actually fuck all. Don't answer that. Its a rhetorical question. Can see you live up to your pic there, pal. A fucking roaster of thr highest order.

2 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

No I'm not. I'm asking a question. Are you a wee fanny thinking you're something when you're actually fuck all. Don't answer that. Its a rhetorical question. Can see you live up to your pic there, pal. A fucking roaster of thr highest order.

No question mark for a rhetorical question. Telling me not to answer.I'm not your pal. You can't spell a three letter word in the.

Apart from that great post.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Transfers 

this argument with wages, signing on fees, agents fees, taxis from the airport, dinner bill during signing talks etc is a fairly recent thing that people throw in usually the type of people who justify the non spend to make their point 

So you're willing to put the club at risk if we fail. Say we spend 20 million on players. You're not taking into account wages which is an expenditure. We make less than 30 million in turnover at the moment. We are still making a loss. But you're advocating we spend more?

Are you of your meds or something or are you stupid and know nothing about business? Unless we have a sugar daddy willing to cover our loses while we spend wrecklessly then its never going to happen. We can't do it. Kings no sugar daddy ffs. Better pray we get some rich arab who couldn't give a Fuck about money cause we are where we are. 

It would be so easy to spend money we can't cover with our income. Its the reason we ended up in this mess in the first place. But aye... You couldn't give a fuck about Rangers so long as we spend money we cannot manage.

2 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

So you're willing to put the club at risk if we fail. Say we spend 20 million on players. You're not taking into account wages which is an expenditure. We make less than 30 million in turnover at the moment. We are still making a loss. But you're advocating we spend more?

Are you of your meds or something or are you stupid and know nothing about business? Unless we have a sugar daddy willing to cover our loses while we spend wrecklessly then its never going to happen. We can't do it. Kings no sugar daddy ffs. Better pray we get some rich arab who couldn't give a Fuck about money cause we are where we are. 

It would be so easy to spend money we can't cover with our income. Its the reason we ended up in this mess in the first place. But aye... You couldn't give a fuck about Rangers so long as we spend money we cannot manage.

If you think the club are not at risk with DCK in charge, you are at best naive.

2 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

No question mark for a rhetorical question. Telling me not to answer.I'm not your pal. You can't spell a three letter word in the.

Apart from that great post.

Wow, a typo. I'm on my phonr and I couldn't give a toss what a prick like you thinks. You forget to take a space after your full stop to start a new sentence. Do me a favour, away and suck some more dick ya queer hawk. 

And I'm glad you're not my pal. I'd have booted your baws in for your attitude alone.

P.s. Thanks for the sarcastic compliment ya wank.

Whole new back line, but would keep Wilson & Hodson in the squad. 

Whole new midfield but would keep Windass Holt & Rossiter (if he ever gets fit) in the squad. 

Whole new front line plus a couple for the Squad. 

Actually get our brightest talents at Auchenhowie playing and fighting in the first team, if they haven't got it when this happens then let them have a career somewhere else and find ones who can. 

New Manager that has the knowledge to take on such a massive rebuild and then get them playing in as short a space of time as possible. 

Whole new set of investors who are actually more interested in what they can do for the club and have the business knowledge and financial clout to take us forward, would keep the Parks and the Far East Bears on the Board. 

The Cherry on top would be about 90 million to build said squad and get Ibrox back to looking her best, without all the shit banners. 

If Carlsberg did club takeovers. ?